A Glint of Hope

.:: T A K E N ::.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"We're here."

Donghae lift his head up as he heard the young vampire said. They really were there at the valley of the witch. The scenery before him was something he had never wished to see again. But yet it was where he needed to be.

Kyuhyun slowly let Donghae slided down from his back, slightly hesitant at first. How he wanted so badly to just ran back and leave this place. But Donghae rubbed his arm softly, assuring the young vampire to let him go. His legs weren't that strong to even support his own body weight that Kyuhyun had to hold his waist to keep him standing at the ground. But the determination that clearly written on his face was much stronger.

Inhaling the cold air, Donghae could feel goosebumps all over his body. His heart was throwing tantrum against his ribcage and he was sure Kyuhyun could sense his fear so loud and clear.

"Donghae, are you sure?" Kyuhyun asked once more. His arms that wrapped around Donghae's waist slightly shiver. "We could always go back right now."

"I'm sure." Donghae shortly answered. "I'm sure they already know we're here."

"Donghae.."

"Kyu, it's alright." Donghae said, slowly letting go himself from Kyuhyun firmed hold and made a few limping steps forward.

He closed his eyes and took a deep breath. Deep down he was scare as hell, but he had to do this. For Hyukjae. So he braced himself, lifting his head and not letting the fear get him.

"I'm here.. " He whispered softly through the wind, knowing that the witches were already expecting his presence. And soon enough a familiar yet scary building magically appeared slowly before him.

Donghae frozen on his spot. Hands tightly fisted on his side as his heart beat racing up inside his chest. Two men and a woman appeared from the door and walked slowly toward him wearing all dark outfit and mysterious aura clearly felt. Donghae's eyes darted on the female that walked at the front. Her black hair was pulled back into a pony tail, making her heart-shape face clearly seen. That must be Soobin. She was the one who talked and brought him food. She was also the one who did something to him. That excruciating pain he felt on his head... how could he forget.

"You're here." One of the witch said calmly. His dark orbs find their way to Donghae's soft one. Donghae also recognized the man from his voice. He was the one who came when Soobin tried to hurt him. But this time he knew that all of those were just an act. They kidnapped him not to protect him, and they wanted him alive only to make sure that they could sacrifice him and take his power. His eyes were dark and evil and Donghae really couldn't stand to look at them. "I'm impressed at your courage and willingness to come here."

"Let's get this over with." Donghae said with a stern voice he never knew he had. "I'm here for the cure."

"I know." The witch said, smirking at the statement. "I assume you know what to do to get it, don't you."

Donghae intake as much as air he could take to filled his lung, as if trying to get rid of this heavy feeling inside his chest. He knew what the witches want.

"Hand me the cure and I'll be yours."

The three of them laughed, making kyuhyun glared at them darkly, eyes darted to him closely. Their voices echoed through the chilly air, intimidating. But he ignored it nonetheless. All he wanted right then was the witches to hand him the cure so Kyuhyun could take it back to save Hyukjae.

"Ryu Oppa, let's just stop this whole conversation and just ..."

"Be patient, Soobin." He said, rising his right hand at the girl. "You're always impatient. Please try to refrain. Soon he'll be in your care. Just make sure you won't try to hurt him this time. I want to see this Prince alive and well when he sacrifice his life for us tomorrow. Can you handle that?"

Soobin's eyes darted on Donghae's as she smirked like a maniac and it made Kyuhyun's blood boiled. Donghae had to rise his hand to stop him from launching an attack and those witches were alarmed at once.

"Please.. just hand me the cure and I will go with you." Donghae said with so much urgency. "But you have to let Kyuhyun leave unharmed."

"Like hell we will!" Soobin shouted and she lifted her hands in front of her chest and all of sudden a blinding light appeared on her palms.

Donghae's eyes widen as he saw the light coming. But Kyuhyun was fast enough to grabbed him and stood in front of him in protecting manner. Both of them gasped as the light suddenly exploded just a few meters away and Soobin cursed angrily.

"What ... the hell ... " Kyuhyun cursed in confusion. That light ball should had blown them away, but instead it blew off right in front of him, as if it was hit an invisible shield and exploded before it could reach them.

"Never believe anything that came out from the witches' mouth!"

Both Donghae and Kyuhyun looked back and couldn't believe their eyes. Nina stood not so far from them, hands on her side and slightly lifted.

"Nina.." Donghae smiled in disbelief as he saw Nina walked to them. She was using her power to protect them, creating an invisible shield around them and that explain it.

"You should know better." She glared at Kyuhyun as she spoke. "How can you take him back?!"

"How do you know where we are?" Kyuhyun asked her back. A smile plastered on his face. "Damn witch! I never though I'd be glad seeing you here."

"I went to the elder's house." Nina said. "I wanted to sort things out and see how Hyukjae was doing. Siwon was freaking out knowing both of you were gone and he thought you might come here. So here I am."

"Hey witch!!" Soobin shouted, earning attention from the three of them. "How dare you come here and turn your back on your own kind?! Are you on their side now? You bloodsucker !"

"I'm not on anybody side. I'm here to bring these two idiots back." Nina said casually.

"You won't stand a chance." Soobin laughed. "You're just alone and there are many of us. Beside, Donghae really need the cure, isn't that right, Donghae? That's why he came here for."

"I'm still taking them back with me."

"No!" Donghae shouted, making Nina turned to see him. "I need the cure for Hyukjae, Nina. It's the only way."

"See? Donghae is smart. He knew it's the only way to save Hyukjae. That is so romantic, don't you think?" Soobin smirked. "I wouldn't give a about a bloodsucker like him."

"Please, just give me the cure and let them leave." Donghae practically begged and Soobin couldn't suppressed her laughter anymore. Donghae was desperate and everyone could see it so clearly. But he didn't care. Every second they wasted on arguing wouldn't help Hyukjae to get better. He needed the cure and he needed it now.

"If you want it so badly, why don't you come and get it?" Soobin said as she pulled out a pouch from inside her coat. That had to be the cure and Donghae felt like running and get it. But Kyuhyun held his arm still.

"Let's do the exchange, shall we?" The male witch suggested. "The Prince for the cure."

"How do we know that it's the cure?" Kyuhyun asked, worry that the witch would tricked them. It could be anything but the cure inside that pouch. Didn't Nina say earlier that they shouldn't believe what the witched said? They were always been tricky and deceitful.

"I'm a man of my word." Ryu said. "Beside, your little witch will tell you if it's the right cure or not. Now, make up your mind while I'm still kind enough to give you this offer. You see, you have no idea how much Hyukjae is suffering right now and .."

"No! Donghae, they will kill us for sure once they have you!" Nina said. "Do you really think they will let us walk away just like that?"

"I want the cure! Let's do the exchange and get this over with." Donghae shouted, his voice cracked up a bit as the images of Hyukjae suffering flashed inside his head. But Nina was right, what if the witches lied and never let Kyuhyun and Nina leave with the cure? It was so easy for them to take them down. There was no guarantee and Donghae was desperate. Hyukjae needed the cure now and the longer they argued the chance to save Hyukjae would be slipping away.

But then he remembered that Kyuhyun always bring his dagger with him whenever he goes and he knew Kyuhyun also brought it with him that night.

It was the only way, Donghae thought. That was the guarantee he was looking for. He turned around so fast and bumped his body against Kyuhyun as hard as he could to get the dagger. The young vampire was taken a back for a moment and didn't even realized what Donghae was doing. Next thing he knew, Donghae already held a dagger on his hand.

"What the hell Donghae!" Kyuhyun cursed, his already pale face became more visible by then.

"I'm sorry but I have no choice!" He said as his trembling hand that held the dagger slowly lifted and stopped just before his throat.

"Donghae, you're crazy!" Nina shouted desperately. "What the hel

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter