The Reasons

.:: T A K E N ::.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

"There's nothing to worry." Siwon said as he sat himself next to Hyukjae on the staircase. "He's already awake moments ago. He asked for you."

Hyukjae nodded. "I know."

"But I gave him something so he can rest more." Siwon added after letting go a sigh. "He needs it."

Hyukjae nodded again. "Yeah, I guess."

"So what happened?"

"He knows." Hyukjae said after a moment of silence. "He knows everything. I came home and he was already here, going through my things and he found everything. My id, passport, everything."

"I know sooner or later it will happen." Siwon said with a low voice, not wanting to sound like 'I told you so'. "But how come he suddenly came here and just does that? I thought last time you already convince him."

"I don't know.”Hyukjae rubbed his temple as he spoke. "He was upset and talking nonsense. I was trying to reasons with him but he was too emotional and just collapse before I had a chance to ask anything."

"So what are you going to do about it?"

Hyukjae shrugged, clueless of what he would do. He couldn't escape any more now that Donghae already  found out. He must face him. But how, or what to say or do, Hyukjae had no idea.

"I'm just concern about his condition right now. I can't think of anything else."

"He's just exhausted. He'll be alright. Let him rest for as long as he needs it." Siwon tapped Hyukjae's shoulder, gave the worried man an assuring smile.

"Thanks, Wonnie." Hyukjae closed his eyes as he spoke. "I'll take care of him from here. I'll make sure he ... "

"Go hunt tonight." Siwon cut in. His voice sound demanding. "You need it. Please don't take any risk. You know having animal's blood and human's are different."

Hyukjae knew what Siwon meant. He was concern about Donghae's safety since he'd be spending the night there. And by that, it means Hyukjae had to endure all of his desire over the helpless human, including blood. Compare to animals, human's blood was more appealing and delicious. It’s true. Hyukjae had tasted both. That moment, Donghae was an easy prey.

He admits that Siwon was right. He needed to go hunting. It's been awhile since his last feast. He could feel the thirst slightly built up. There was a burning sensation on his throat. It was a sign that he needed to feed and certainly it was getting hard to refused the temptation since he was literally in the same room with his supposedly prey. A helpless one. Having human around was never easy. Hyukjae often had to distract himself from staring at Donghae's neck, where he could feel the blood rushing through his veins.

"Call me up if you need anything." Siwon said. "Or would you like me to stay?"

The young vampire shook his head. "Thanks wonnie. No need for you to stay. I won't hurt him."

"Hyukjae...."

"I know..." Hyukjae gave him a faint smile. "I'll hunt tonight. Don't worry. I swear I won't hurt him. Not again. Never again."

Siwon nodded. He could see how gentle those dark eyes became and he knew that something has changed, and he knew it was something good.

"Alright. Take good care of him." He said as he walked toward the front door, not waiting for any answer. He didn't even see when Hyukjae nodded.

Soon as the front door shut, Hyukjae found himself walking upstairs, heading to his room. Worry clearly shown on his face. He couldn't get over the scene when Donghae suddenly losing his consciousness in his arms. Everything must be hard for him. It must be really exhausted to be Donghae. He spent almost all his life to search for Hyukjae, not knowing what exactly happened to him, clueless of what he might find, and not caring about his own life. All he wanted was to find him. And after all these years, after everything, finally Donghae found him and when he did, it must have been too much for him that his body just couldn't take it.

Snapping back to reality, his eyes were locked on Donghae's unconscious figure on the bed. Slowly he made his way to him and sat himself next to the limp body. His hand hesitated brushed the fringe from his forehead as he wanted to get a clearer look on the young man's face.

He was beautiful, even when lying helplessly like that. His pale face somehow looks serene. Hyukjae never notice how innocent Donghae was until that day. Suddenly he felt guilty. Guilty for making such a sweet and innocent man like donghae to bear all the pain on losing someone that he loved most, him. If only he was more careful back then, if only he didn't leave. He felt guilty for making him suffered because of what he did to him, being all ruthless and cruel. Hyukjae cringed as he remember those time he would exploit this beautiful man, feeding on his blood and toying him as he pleased, even making him as his slave.

Hyukjae rested his head on the pillow. His eyes locked on Donghae's face. His fingers tracing his cheek and jaw line.

"What did I do that made you love me like this?" He asked as he reminisces what had happened earlier. How donghae stubbornly said that he loves him, even when he knew that hyukjae was a vampire now. Something that a normal person would avoid and stay away from.

If only he could remember...

 

 

Hyukjae took away his fingers when the man moved his head slightly, showing sign of consciousness. His eyes fluttered open slowly. Hyukjae didn't move. He was just waiting, clueless of what he should do, or what to say. He knew Donghae was alright after all, there was no need for him to ask how he was. It was when Donghae finally saw him, when Donghae reached out his hands that Hyukjae made a move, embracing the man gently, taking his head to his chest and kiss the top of his head.

Donghae didn't say anything. He closed his eyes again, curling like a ball. He was at peace. There was nothing else to say. He was just being happy being embraced by the man that he loved most.

"Comfortable enough?" Hyukjae said after clearing his throat and a smile followed soon after he saw Donghae nodded. "Are you hungry? I can make you something."

"No." Donghae said. "I just want to hold you."

"I know you do." Hyukjae chuckled. "But you need to eat something."

"I don't feel like eating." Donghae whined, holding Hyukjae tighter. "You go and have some for yourself."

"Hm.. Glad to .."

Donghae looked up to see a horrible unfamiliar face with a pair of red eyes and veiny face. Donghae's could feel his heart stop beating at the sight and before he could even blinked, Hyukjae growled and attacked his neck, sinking his fang deeply, ripping off the skin and the flesh there.

Donghae struggled to break free but the body that pinned him down

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter