04.

⚜ Forever

[3 months later]

     I groaned as I pulled on the bed sheets, “Himchan!!!!” I shouted, “oh gawd…” I panted, “Coming---f” I muttered, “Himch—Himchan!” I quickly ran down the stairs as the doorbell rang again, “Our parents are here!”  I stopped in front of the door, straightening my shirt as Himchan darted from the kitchen and stood next to me.  He smiled, “Ready?”  I only chuckled before opening the door.

     “Abeoji, eomeoni, abeonim, eomeonim,” I greeted as Himchan helped them in.  “Hello, how are you two?” My mother asked before I smiled politely, “Perfect…” I said as I led them into the dining room, “Sit, please, I’ll come in with the food.” I smiled before running into the kitchen. 

    Himchan appeared by my side and grabbed some plated out of my hands, “Be careful, Miyoung.” He chuckled, “You know you’re clumsy.” He said walking into the dining room as I scowled.  Grabbing the wine bottle and glasses I walked into the dining room with a smiling face. 

    “Ohh, Miyoung, you just looking stunning today.” Mrs. Kim commented before I bowed my head in respect, “Ahhahaa, gumowo eomeonim.”  I set the glasses down as Himchan ran back into the kitchen to get the other dishes.  “So, how are the wedding plans going?” My mother asked as I poured them wine.  “Ah, it’s going fine.” I replied.  “Have you bought a dress yet?” She asked me before I shyly smiled, “No, no, not yet.  There haven’t been any that caught my eyes.” 

    I sat down just as Himchan came back.  “Have you guys thought about getting maids?” His mother asked before we looked at each other.  I shook my head, “N-no, I-we’re not thinking about getting them.  I kind of wanted to do this by myself.”

    I looked at them to see them slowly nodding their head.  “Well, this food looks good.  Did you make this?” Himchan’s father asked before I nodded, “Yes, yes, we both did.” I smiled shyly as I waited for them to eat it.

    “Oh! Wow, this is delicious.” They all agreed before I let my breath go.

    “It’s so good to see you two well.  We’ve missed you so much.” My mother said tolds the end of our dinner together, “Oh, by the way, we’re only visiting for today.  Tomorrow there’s a conference that we’ll attend, and after that we’ll be returning to Korea.  Mr. Kim, why don’t you tell them the good news?” My mother beamed.

    “Ahh,” He cleared his throat, “We’re growing our company to Japan!  We’ve been thinking about this for a while now, and we’ve just decided to actually go for it.  So, the company in Japan will be under you, Himchan.”

    “Mwuh?!” Himchan and I both coughed.  “Abeoji, I’m not ready, I can’t take care of the whole company here.  Let’s wait awhile longer, uh? A couple more years?”

    The parents chuckled at our reactions, “Aigoo, my son, you have been accompanying your father to conferences and business meetings since you were a young child, we all have faith in you now.” His mother said.  My father chuckled, “Himchan, you’re too humble.  I think you’ll do a wonderful job with this company.”

    I was shaking.  I don’t know why, but I just was.  There was a heavy lump in my throat and I felt an unfamiliar feeling rising up in my stomach.  I pushed my chair back and ran from my seat, out the dining room and into the bathroom before settling down in front of the toilet.

    I quickly tied my hair up before I threw up what I ate from breakfast.  “Miyoung!?” Himchan cried muttered softly through the door.  I shook my head before leaning against the wall.  My breathing was calming down as I stood up and rinsed my mouth.

    He knocked on the door again before I opened it.  He looked horrified.  I forced a smile before touching his cheeks, “I’m fine…gukjung mah.  It’s just because of the sudden news.” I chuckled softly as he grabbed my arm and put his hand around my waist, helping me back to the table.

    “Miyoung…are you okay?” My mother asked nonchalantly.  I nodded, “Of course.”  She looked at Mrs. Kim suspiciously before I started again, “It’s just because of the sudden news, eomeoni.”  She nodded, “Arraso…” She said getting up.  “Well, dear, I think we should get back to the hotel now.” She said before everyone else got up. 

    “De, de.” My father agreed before walking to the door.  Himchan’s mother hugged me, “Thank you, dear, for breakfast, it was lovely.”  She said before accompanying her husband out the door.  I bid my parents goodbye before closing the door.

    I closed my eyes and sighed as Himchan embraced me.  “Kwenchana?” he asked before I wrapped my arms around him, “De…I’m fine, don’t worry.”  He hugged me tighter, “Don’t lie, Miyoung..you’ve been feeling sick lately. Why don’t you get checked up?”  He suggested before I shook my head, “Aniyo, it’s nothing big.  I’ll just take some medication.” I said pulling away.  “Come on..let’s go clean.” I smiled and tugged him into the kitchen with me.


    “Himchan~” I called from the kitchen, “Can you call a repair person to come fix the heater? It’s been acting weird for a couple days now.” I asked, not waiting for him to answer.  I walked into the living room, “Kay?” I confirmed as I handed him a cup of hot chocolate.  He smiled and moved to make room for me on the couch, “Of course.”

    “You make the best hot chocolate…” He muttered after taking a sip, “What’s the secret?” He asked before I shrugged, “It’s a secret, Channie, why would I tell you?”  I chuckled before putting my cup on the table.  “Himchan…?”  He rested his head on mine, “Hmmm…?” 

    “Let’s go shopping tomorrow?” I tilted my head up to see his smiling face.  “Arraso…let’s get you to sleep then.” He said getting up from the couch and pulling me up.  We walked up the stairs before going to wash up.  He walked me to the door, “Goodnight, Miyoung.” He kissed my head before walking to the guest room.  I stood by the door, my hands gripping the door knob as I watched him walk further away.

    “Himchan!” I called out before he turned around, “Uh?”  I opened the door behind me, “…Come…sleep in the master bedroom with me…” I muttered shyly.  “Ahhniyo, Miyoung, it’s fine.”  I shook my head, “Seriously, you-you can finally sleep in your bed now.” I stated as he walked back to me.  I looked up from the ground as he cupped my cheeks, “Miyoung, I can sleep in that guest room over there until you’re comfortable…” He muttered.  I nodded, “Yeah…and now I’m tell you that it’s okay.”

    I pulled him inside before going to the bed.  He sighed and came around the other side before getting in.  I pulled the blanket up and snuggled in, facing my side as he did the same. 

    “…Channie…?”  I mumbled.  “Hm?”  He replied back before I turned around and grabbed his hands, “Come closer…”  There was hesitation, but he moved closer to me anyways.  “It’s cold…” I muttered.  After a long silence, he wrapped his arms around me, securing me in his warmth.

    He kissed my temple.

    My heart fluttered as memories from the past came back. 

    Sehun….

    I was doing such a good job trying to forget him.


...........yeah. Enjoy it? No? Okayy, I'm sorry this mini story is so horrible. :/ I'll work harder. -.-"

Comment and Subscribe!?

--Miyoung:))