03.

⚜ Forever

     I woke up the next morning with a headache.  My temples hurt and my head pounded with any bright lights.  I rolled on my side and remembered I wasn’t in Korea anymore.  I sighed, “That’s why it hurts…” I mumbled as I reached out for my phone.  I looked at the time and groaned, “1!?”

     I put my phone down next to me before someone opened the door.  “Miyoung?” I looked up to see Himchan standing by the door with a tray.  “How are you feeling?” He asked ask he walked in.  I sat up and wrapped a blanket over my shoulders, “I’m…okay.” I sighed, “I’m very sorry for last night…” I muttered before he pulled a chair up to my bed and sat down, “It’s fine,” He replied, “I’m sorry again, really.”

     I just smiled, “It’s not your fault.”  He handed me some pills, “Here, it’s migraine medicine for the headache.”  I took them and gulped them down with water.  “Gumowo, Himchan-ssi.” I softly replied. 

     It got quiet for a bit before he cleared his throat, “The…the wedding planner appointment is at 3.  If you don’t want to go, I can call to cancel it.” He said quietly.  I stayed silent, processing everything he just said, “I—no, it’s—I’ll go. Don’t worry.”

     He slowly got up from the chair, “Well, I didn’t tell you yesterday, but I reserved a table at a restaurant, but if you’re not-” I interrupted him, “Himchan-ssi…it’s really okay.  I’m well enough to carry on the schedule.”  He looked at me before nodding, “Come down when you’re ready, and we’ll leave.” He said before leaving the room.

     After a few minutes I finally had the energy to get out of bed.  I walked inside the closet and picked this outfit out before going to put my makeup on.

     I tried to conceal the redness around my eyes and the puffiness from me crying last night.  After I slipped my heels on, I walked into the hall and down the stairs where Himchan was standing by the door.  I smiled, might as well get use to everything.  “I’m sorry I took so long.  And I might not look the best—”

     “Don’t say that, Miyoung-ah; I think you look stunning right now.” He interrupted before I nodded, “Gumowo…”  He held his arm out to me before I grabbed it and we walked outside. 


     “So, do you have siblings?” I asked, striking a conversation with him.  He shook his head, “No, I don’t, but I have a lot of friends who are like brothers to me.”  He said before I took a bite from my dessert, “Ahh, chinchayo? I’ll have to meet them then.” I smiled politely before he nodded, “Of course; they’d also love to meet you as well.  I think you’ll like them.”

     “So do you know Japanese?” He asked me before I shyly smiled, “Just enough to get around. How about you?” I returned the question.  “Me?  My father took me everywhere with him, so I know English, Japanese, Mandarin, and French.” 

     I formed a ‘O’ with my mouth, “So intelligent.” I muttered, “Ho-how old are you?” I asked quietly before he answered, “Ahh, I’m…I’m 22…” He said before asking me the same question.  I smiled shyly, “I’ll be 20 in December.” I replied politely before his eyes widened just a bit.

     I set my fork down and looked up, “Shall we be going?” I asked before he looked at his watch, “Oh! Yes, we should.”  He got up and quickly came to pull out my chair before helping me put my coat on.  “Thank you, Himchan-ssi.”  He scratched his head, “Ahh, it’s nothing.” He chuckled before we left the restaurant. 


     We waited in the room for the wedding planner to come in.  “Do you have a date set…for the wedding?” Himchan asked before I shook my head, “No, I haven’t been thinking about it.” I muttered before he lightly touched my arm, “It’s okay; whenever you want to have the wedding, I’ll be fine with it.  I know our parents want one fast, but I can always talk my parents out of it.” He said before I nodded, “Thank you…for being so nice, Himchan-ssi.” I smiled at him before he sighed, “Ca-can you drop the formal talk though?” He asked before I chuckled, “Ahh, mmm…of-of course.”

     The door opened and we both stood up as a lady walked in with another young girl.  “Hello there, beautiful couple.” She greeted, “I’m Leena Park, Leena is fine, and this is my secretary, Suah.”  She bowed before signaling us to sit back down.

     “Okay, first of all, congratulations on the wedding!” Leena beamed before I started feeling comfortable.  I played with my fingers as she went on about her success as a wedding planner and how she has a long list of clients wanting her to plan their wedding. 

     Himchan must have noticed because he took my hand in his.  I turned to look at him for the sudden skin ship.  ‘It’ll be fine.’ He mouth before I started calming my breathing down.

     “Anyways, enough about me, first of all, where would you like the wedding and what colors?” She asked after she told her secretary to take notes.  I looked at Himchan before he smiled shyly, “I’ll leave this up to you.” He replied before Leena laughed, “Of course, of course, the bride must make these decisions.”

     I my lips before turning to look at Leena, “White, black and a pale yellow will do.  I would like the wedding to be at Seoul Hall—ahh, wait never mind,” I remembered, “We’re not in Korea anymore,” I dryly laughed, “Anywhere is fine.” I answered even though my dream wedding colors were coral and cream, and I’ve always wanted a wedding outside in the spring, just when flowers are blooming.

     Himchan squeezed my hands and I forced another smile without turning to him.  “Okay! I have an idea already! This will be fantastic.  Do you have flowers in mind?  How about the center piece?  Ohh, what kind of dress are you looking for!?” She bombarded me with questions.  I could really careless how my wedding was going to be like, I just wanted to leave.

     Finally after 3 hours, our appointment ended.  “Please, wear comfortable clothing tomorrow.  We’re going dress shopping!” She said excitedly as we left her office. “Oh! You too Mr. Kim! We’re shopping for you too!”

     When we got inside the car and he started driving home.  It was quiet, neither of us not knowing what to say.  I just wanted to get home and return to my bed.  I wanted to forget about today, the wedding, everything.  I stared out the window into the city of Tokyo.

     “Was it just me, or was she more excited about our wedding than we are?” Himchan asked, breaking the silence.  I unconsciously coughed out a chuckle before I started laughing, “She was way more into this than we were.” I agreed.  I turned to see him smiling.

     Maybe I can do this.

     Sehun will always be my first love, my only love, but it doesn’t hurt to try.  Because no matter how far I try to run from the truth, I always have to come and face the reality of things…that Sehun and I, will never be together.


I really don't have much to say....but I hope you guys liked the update.

Comment and Subscribe!?

--Miyoung:))