Chapter 7

Paperless Diaries

Baekhyun:

I peered at the clock again.

9:15.

Sighing, I made my way to the switch box. He's not coming. I'm wasting my time. I flipped the switch and returned to my usual routine, every book binding until I got to the end. A hand latched onto my wrist again. Only this time, I screamed. The hand ripped away, frightened and I lashed out to push at the person in which I assumed was the one I was waiting for.

"Ugh! Don't do that!" I put a hand to my chest, gasping with relief.

"Sorry, sorry. My bad, sorry." I could hear the amusement in his voice.

"Turn the damn lights back on, you !"

They flickered to life.

"Didn't know you had a mouth on you."

I spun around and put my hands on my hips. "I do when I'm pissed, and guess what, I'm pissed." He laughed and I couldn't stay angry. "Why were you late? You're right down the street?" He dug around in his pockets, looking for something.

"I went and got you something."

He got me something? We barely know each other!

"Aha! Here it is." He placed a keychain in my hand and I looked down. I was rather touched and albeit thrilled that he'd thought about me enough to get me a gift until I saw what it said.

Wash your hands before touching me.

"Very funny."

I threw it at his chest and it bounced and fell on the floor. "Jokes about my OCD now? I told you it's only slight."

He smiled and bent over to pick it up. He placed it back into my hand and closed my fist around it. "Even if you hate it, I want you to keep it."

I jutted my upper lip at him and groaned.

 

"The book is right over there, you left it on the floor yesterday so I put it back. Don't do that again. Someone might trip and damage it." He itched his neck and shrugged apologetically.

I followed him into the isle and watched as he plucked it out of its place on the shelf. "I don't even know where to begin." I rolled my eyes.

"Try the beginning."

He gave me a worried look. "I have to read this whole thing?"

I snatched it from his grip.

"Oh God, just let me see it, go take a seat over there, I'll follow you."

He did as told and I thumbed through the pages, glimpsing at a few lines here and there. I took a seat on the floor next to him and started from the beginning. "The theories involving the universe are vast and infinite like the universe itself. One might-" He yawned and threw out his arms, stretching.

"How long is this thing?!"

I snapped the book shut and threw it at him. "You know what, read it to yourself!"

I stood to leave but he grabbed my arm. I turned to look at him and he was doing the doe-eyed thing again.

Ugh! Why!?

"Fine. No complaining." I opened the book and resumed reading. After about ten minutes of reading aloud, my voice was raw and he was sleeping. I rubbed my neck. Ouch, I haven't spoke this much in a long time. I dropped the book in his lap and he jerked awake.

"I'm ready to go home, come back tomorrow. I'll be here late again."

He pouted and hoisted himself out of the chair. As he returned the book to it's designated spot, I went to turn off the lights. I was feeling my way to the exit again when I heard him standing next to me. He placed his hands on my upper back and guided me out. I tried my best to ignore the rising heat in the pit of my stomach.

Why does he have to be so embarrassing?!