Chapter 6

Paperless Diaries

Chanyeol:

I focused my eyes upon him intently as his lips touched the brim of the mug. He sipped on the hot coffee timidly. After a moment of silence, he turned his head to me, his sparkling eyes gleaming as he smiled. "It's good. Warms me right up!"

My heart skipped a beat.

"Really?"

He nodded and took an other drink. "Really."

I scooted my chair back and jumped up, waving my hands in the air like an idiot. "Yay! He likes it!" I could hear him giggling and I ceased my celebration to turn around and face him. "I like you a lot better when you're smiling, you know that?", I said. His eyelids flicked over his eyes for a moment as he processed what I'd just said. I saw a slight pinkish color start to seep to his cheeks. "Why don't you smile more often? It's very becoming." He turned sour quickly.

"I'll have you know, I happen to smile a lot more than you seem to think I do. I'm actually a very happy person. You're just being judgemental again." I chuckled at his defensive reaction.

"Whoa, whoa, this isn't the rodeo, Cowboy." I smiled and pinched his cheek, which was surprisingly soft and delicate. He pulled away and sneered at me.

"Don't touch my face!"

I rubbed my fingers together and tipped my head in thought.

Hm.

I sat down in the wicker chair and pushed his coffee toward him once again. "Just drink. You could use it." He pouted as he reached for the beverage. I studied him as he sipped on it some more, his eyes holding a distant, tired look. "You look tired, do you get enough sleep?" He shrugged nonchalantly. "Sleep is good for you!" He shrugged again and I nudged him. "Read too much at night? Can't put those books down?" He glared at me and I stopped teasing, feeling a little guilty.

We sat in silence for a few more minutes before he broke the ice.

"Are you going to come again tomorrow? To read that reference material?"

I blinked, a little doubtful that I'd heard him right. I was taken by surprise that he would inquire such a thing from me. "Umm... I have to work on weekdays, and the library closes before I get off."

He paused. "I could give you a little time after close. When do you get off?", he asked.

"Nine."

He nodded. "I could do that. I can only give you about an hour, though. I don't want to be out all night. It throws off my schedule."

I picked up the bowl of sugar packets and fiddled with it, seperating the splenda from the real sugar. "Your schedule?"

He offered his hand and I placed the bowl into his palm. His fingers curled around it as he continued. "Yeah, I live by a schedule, I'm a tad bit OCD, but not much."

I smirked. "A tad bit? Are you sure about that?"

He smacked the bowl down on the table. "I thought you were done with the teasing, you evil thing."

A guffawing laugh roared from my esophogus. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry, you're just too cute! I love it when you get mad."  

He turned crimson and slapped my shoulder, gritting his teeth. "Evil, I say, evil!"

I grinned and stood up to make him an other cup of coffee as he finished his first and set the cup gently down on the table. He smoothed out a crease in the table cloth as I walked away.

Just a little bit OCD? I'd say more like a lot.