The Beginning

The Marriage

 

It was just another usual day for Cho Kyuhyun. He just finished his work and decided to have a dinner for his empty stomach in the restaurant near his office. He is not alone, there is Donghae, his best friend, who accompany him for this dinner. Since both of them are starving because this hectic day they didn’t have time take a proper lunch today, they eat in silence.

Kyuhyun works as a photographer in one of the famous fashion magazine in Korea. He once works as a wild photographer, but since his parents ask him to spend more time with his family rather than travelling and spending time with animal and nature, he decided to move his works from the real nature to a studio. He needs to grant his parents’ wish since his brother, Heechul, already married. So, he is the one who can spend more time with his parents rather than his brother. However, not because he grants his parents’ wish so he lives with them. After all, he is a grown up man, so he decided to rent an apartment although almost every weekend he will come back to home to meet his parents.

Kyu wants nothing than finished his dinner and went back to his apartment, wash his body, and sleep in his warm bed. He is so tired today, there’s so much works to do today. So do Donghae, but his friend seems like still had a little bit energy rather than him. While Kyu eats in silence and concentrate enough to his food, Donghae eats in silence but his eyes are watching the gossip show that aired in the television of this restaurant.

“He’s hot.” Donghae suddenly speaks, and motioned his head to the television when Kyu gave him confused looks.

Kyu looked to the television, it showed a guy from one of the famous boy band in Korea, apparently he is just about launched his new drama. Kyu knows that guy. He really knew him. He is Choi Siwon, his old friend from his childhood. Well, he is not really Kyu’s friend, he is more like his relative. They grew up almost together, Kyu know Siwon since they both still a kid. Their parents are good friends, both Kyu’s and Siwon’s parents visited each other often. When I said often, its means almost every day of his childhood’s life Kyu met Siwon. If it’s not Kyu’s mom brought him to Siwon’s home, it’ll be Siwon’s mom brought herself and her son to his house.

However, as much as they met each other almost every day, Siwon and Kyu didn’t become a good friend. It’s not like they both fight, but it’s more both of them don’t have any interest to each other. Kyu who since kid love photography, will spend his time play with his little old Polaroid that his father gave him, Kyu will stay as long as he can in the garden of his home to find some insects to shoot. If it’s not about photography, Kyu will stay at the living room, playing game alone. Siwon on the other hand, he will spend his time with sport, or book, or movie. Siwon will always bring his swim wear if he is coming to Kyu’s house, and he will spend his time swimming alone or sometimes if he’s not in the mood to swim, Siwon will play soccer alone. He will kicked the ball as far as he can, run to the ball, and kicked it to another different direction, and so on. If it’s not about the sport, Siwon will spend his time reading some book near the living room, not so far from Kyu who will be playing the game all alone. Sometimes, Siwon will watch movie, but not like every other kid, Siwon will watch the movie that kind of heavy for a kid, he rarely watched cartoon and everytime Siwon took the television for these kind of movie while Kyu is about to play the game, Kyu will rolled his eyes and back to the garden playing with his camera.

So, with all their difference, they are so far to be called a friend. Siwon and Kyu also go to the same school, with Siwon who is 2 years older than Kyu, Kyu will always found Siwon with his another senior and he will always don’t know what to do. It’s just strange to find a guy who he usually sees from the beginning of his life, now standing in front of him as his senior. When they in elementary Kyu didn’t bother much, but since he enter the junior high school and senior high school, it’s became strange. Kyu asked his mother to go to different school with Siwon, but his mother just laughed and said that it won’t be good since Kyu needs Siwon to protect him.

Kyu can’t do anything except accept what his parents said. Anyways, Kyu and Siwon didn’t have much interact to each other in school. They just exchanged looks once or twice, and then busy with their own stuff. Siwon grow up as famous guy in the school. He is the handsome one, he is good at sport, his score is good, but not the best and it makes everyone still believe that God is still fair. Kyu in the other hand became the best at score, Kyu’s ability to take a good picture is also famous. Not just that, he is also famous because his voice. There was this one time in their junior high school, when Kyu sang for school’s event, and everybody mesmerized right away with his sweet voice.

Everybody believes that Kyu will be a good singer one day, but turns out Kyu love his camera more than he love to sing. For him singing is just his hobby. So, Kyu spend the next 4 years after high school in USA, while Siwon is taking a double degree, business and acting, in Seoul. For the first time of his life, Kyu is free from Siwon.

After finished his study in USA, Kyu back to Seoul and start works as a wild photographer, before he decide to move his work from jungle to a studio. Since he came back to Seoul, Kyu became so rare to see Siwon. He knows because Siwon now is a member of a famous boyband, Super Junior, and he acts in some drama, he will be busy like hell. It’s not like Kyu misses him, it’s just strange when his meeting with Siwon became rare since they met too much since their childhood.

Apparently, there’s no one, even Donghae, know that Siwon is his childhood’s friend. So, when Donghae told him that Siwon is hot, Kyu just rolled his eyes. He already sees Siwon since he is kid, so he can’t imagine Siwon became a hot man.

Kyu looked to the TV once again; it shows some scene of his drama. There was this one scene when Siwon is half , only wearing a towel around his hips and smiling, showing his famous dimples. Kyu rolled his eyes once again, he can’t believe Siwon’s interest to sport really help him build his body until became like that.

Donghae still watching the show on that TV when Kyu’s phone is vibrating. It’s a call from his mom, Kyu frowned his eyes, and it’s very rare that his mom called in the night like this.

Kyu picked the phone still with the frowned eyebrows, "hello mom? Is everything alright?"

"Hello dear," his mom answered cheerfully from the other line, "yes everything is alright. Why is the sudden question?" Continue his mom with chuckled.

"Why is the sudden phone called? I thought something's happen."

"Am I not allowed to call my baby boy?"

Kyu rolled his eyes, even when he is 26 his mother still thinks he is a baby boy, "it's not like that mom."

"I know," Kyu can feel his mom is smiling, "well anyways, I called to tell you that you should come home this weekend."

"Mom, you don't have to call me to ask me to go home. You know I spend almost weekend with you guys."

"I know. This time I just want to make sure you really come home."

"Why?"

"Nothing, honey. Just want to make sure."

"Mom?" He knows this is not nothing.

"What?" His mom acts innocent.

"Is everything really alright?"

"Yes, everything is really alright. So, you come home this weekend?"

Kyu sighed, "Yes I'll come."

"Great!" His mother says excitedly again, "make sure you look great."

"Why I should look great?" Kyu ask confusedly again.

"Am I not allowed to see my baby boy looks great?" His mom starts with his 'am I not allowed' again.

"Fine. I'll look great."

"Okay! See you this weekend, sweetheart. Bye."

"Bye, Mom."

Kyu hanged up the phone. His mind starts thinking so many things. He knows, or maybe he can feel, there's something fishy from this dinner. Kyu looked to the TV once again, it still shows Siwon with his new drama. And somehow he feels this dinner won't be any good.

 

Kyu showed up this weekend in his parents' house with a plaid shirt and jeans. His mother hugged him while mumbling, "I thought you'll look nice."

Kyu pulled out his mom just enough to see her face, "mom, this is nice. I used to just come with my old t-shirt, if you notice. Anyways, why you look so fancy?"

"Come on son, go inside first." His father told him not answering the question. Kyu got more confused, he enter the house, and got more and more confused with Heechul, and his wife, also with their son.

"Why is Heechul hyung is here?"

"Ya! You! Don't you miss me? Your sharp tongue didn't change at all."

Heechul hugged him while Kyu is still got confused. He also greeted his sister in law, and his son.

"This is just an ordinary dinner, isn't it?" Kyu asked once again to make sure. Kyu can feel his hyung is holding his smirk, while their mom is glaring at his hyung.

"Come on, let's just go to the dining room." His father command once again.

They sat in the dining room, talking about everything, mostly about their jobs. Kyu talks but his mind still thinking about anything else. And suddenly there's a bell in the front door. His mom clapped her hands, before said, "Here they are!"

Her mom rushed to the front door, followed by his father, leaving Kyu confused while Heechul is now laughing with his smirk.

Not until a minute Kyu's shocked got even more. There he is, Choi Siwon, along with his parents. Kyu stand up from his sit, also his brother and his sister in law. They greeted each other, and when it's come to Kyu's turns to greet Siwon, their eyes met after a long long time. They sat in each chair, Kyu sat in front of Siwon and after that they start the dinner, they speaks more about business, and politic which are not Kyu's interest. The conversation is more between Kyu's dad, Siwon's dad, and Heechul. The moms are just talking about some discount, baby's food, and a new salon. Typical mom. While Kyu just concentrate in the food or sometimes listening to the man's conversation looking like he is interest. Siwon in the other hand do the same thing with Kyu, he seems not that interest into everything that they talk. However, Kyu seems can't hold to took a glance to Siwon. After all these years this is the first time Kyu notice Siwon is not that bad. Or handsome, but Kyu's pride is too big to agree Siwon is handsome. Siwon is looking good with a dark blue shirt and jeans. His hair is short and fresh. His body is really in the good shape, suddenly Kyu remembers that scene when Siwon is half , and suddenly he can feel his cheeks are blushing. Siwon catch Kyu's glance and it makes Kyu low his head because of embarrassment.

Siwon is looking at the boy now. Even for years, he just notices that Kyu really had a milky white skin. His fluffy brown hair looks so soft and cute, the cut is just perfect for Kyu's looks. Kyu's pinky lips makes Siwon gulped even thought he didn't know why. Kyu's body is not build like his, but it makes Kyu even more perfect. From the height, Siwon knows that both of their bodies are perfect for hug. Siwon shook his head lightly, he then try to concentrate to the man's conversation and counting every second until this dinner over.

They finished their dinner and move to the living room, not so long after they continue their conversation Heechul ask permission to go home because there's still business that he need to do. Heechul, his wife and his already sleeping son say good bye. Heechul hugs his little brother while whispering "good luck."

Kyu shocked with his hyung talks, he just looked confused to Heechul who is now chuckling and winks his eye. Kyu knows his hyung love teasing him, but this one is not just about teasing, he knows that there's something behind the 'good luck' thing. And that thing won't be good.

Once Heechul and his little family left, all of them back to their seat.

"So Kyuhyun, how is your work?" Asked Siwon's father suddenly.

"Ah, it's good uncle. We just finished a big photo shoot for our magazine's anniversary actually."

"Oh. Really? Well, that's good."

"Thank you uncle."

And there goes the awkward silence. Their parents just looking each other before finally Siwon's father cleared his throat.

"Well, we should tell the exact reason why we came here actually."

This won't be good. Kyu’s thought.

"Kyuhyun, Siwon, both of your grandfathers made a promise long day ago."

This is really not good.

"They made a promise that one day if they success with their business, they will..." Siwon's father stop, he looked to each person in the room before continue it, “match their grandchildren."


Finally! First chapter! I really really hope you guys like it. Don't forget to give me your comment!

<3