Yongguk- Daddy

BAP Scenarios

image

“I’m home!” A deep voice called from the door along with a gummy smile.

“Appa!” A dark headed boy ran across the room and into Yongguk’s outstretched arms.

“Hey kiddo,” Yongguk flashed a smile at the 5 year old African boy. “How was your day?”

“Good. I made you a drawing!” The boy grinned.

“You did?”

“Yeah, Umma put it on the fridge!”

“She did? Well I’ll look later.” Yongguk kissed the boy’s head as you walked in with a toddler balanced on your hip.trans.gif

At first you’d been skeptical about adopting, especially kids from countries halfway around the world, but seeing Yongguk this happy with his son-even if they weren't biologically related-made all the struggle worth it.

He set the boy down before walking over and giving you a kiss. “Did you have a good day yeobo?”

“Yes,” you beamed and gave him another kiss. “Work go well?”

“Mhmm. I love it, but I love coming home to you and the kids more.” He looked down at the toddler in your arms. “Hey honey,” he her adorably chubby cheeks. The Chinese girl squealed and clapped her hands, obviously ecstatic from getting attention from Daddy.

“Today she had a fascination of blowing bubbles,” you commented with a smile.

“She did? Do you like bubbles?” He cooed and her silky hair as she showed off the teeth she did have and giggling in agreement. He glanced up at you. “Show it to me later.”

The two of you showered the babbling toddler with more attention before your thoughts turned to the day you’d adopted her.She was only an infant then, barely a few weeks old. You remembered how tiny she was when you first held her and how her eyes had opened, looking at you with confusion, but yet trusting. Your son had been excited for the addition too, and looked over with extreme care like the perfect older brother.

Even with two kids already, Yongguk wanted more. He wanted some of his own too, but you’d both agreed the two were enough for the time being. That was up until today.

“Oppa?” You asked.

“Yes?” His gaze never left the toddler as he tickled her side, getting a round of laughter to pass through her lips.

“I have something to tell you. Something...important.” The tone of your voice made him look at you.

“What is it jagiya?” He asked, eyes searching yours for the answer. You turned away for a moment to set the girl on the couch, coming up with how to word what you wanted to tell him.

“I’m...” you bit your lip, trying to hide a smile. “...pregnant.”

His face went into pure shock for a minute, as he processed this news. Regaining his voice, he whispered, “Really?” You nodded, a grin breaking out across your features. “That’s wonderful!” He exclaimed, picking you up and twirling you around. “It’s just amazing! I’m beyond happy right now!!” he set you back on your feet before immediately pulling you in for a deep kiss. After parting, he cupped your cheek and beamed. “How far along? Do you know?”

“I went to the doctor today. I’m two months along.”

“Two months,” he breathed and put a hand against your stomach gently. “We’re going to have our own baby,” he whispered, the words sinking in.

“Yes we are,” you squealed and hugged him again.

Your son came up and tugged on Yongguk’s pants. “Does this mean I’m going to have another sister?” He asked.

Yongguk kneeled by him. “Maybe. It might be a boy too. But yes, there’s going to be a new baby.”

“Really? Then I’ll have to teach _____ how to be a good big sister then!” He smiled and looked over at his sister who was playing with a stuffed animal on the couch.

“Yes you will,” Yongguk’s gummy smile broke out again. “I’m sure you’ll teach her very well.”

“Of course I will! It’s my job!” His son insisted.

Yongguk looked back up at you with glowing pride and happiness. “I have the best family in the world.”