Zelo-Homecoming

BAP Scenarios

Anon request for football player Zelo confessing to you at the game! The requester also asked he have the blond curls. This could apply to college or high school (but was written more with high school in mind) I hope you enjoy this fluff! - Admin Em

(this scenario was written today and concludes the 7-12-17 catch up. Sorry for the lack of content on this site. Admin Em is currently the only active admin now)

Warnings: None

_________________________________________________________________________

“_________________!” A cheerful voice says as someone settles in the seat in front of you.

“Hey Junhong,” you muse as you close your book and look up at him. “Finish your reading or did the guys drag you away for homecoming rituals?”

He chuckles at you. “We don’t have rituals.”

“So you just naturally spring one of your curls ten times before every game? Daehyun naturally has to pat Jongup’s four times? Yongguk and Himchan always have to chest bump?”

A small blush creeps up his face. “You’ve seen that?”

“Yeah, I noticed Daehyun patting Jongup’s when I tried to get your attention once since I thought you were looking my way,” you explained. “I try to see what else I can notice every game before the pregame performance.”

“Really?”

“Yeah, have to do something to pass the time,” you shrug.

“I suppose,” he gives a thoughtful nod.

“And it’s my theory that there will be something different for homecoming.”

“Guess you’ll have to wait and see. So that means you’ll be at the game?” There’s a hint of hope in his voice that makes you smile. Sometimes he’s too cute.

“Of course silly, I have to perform with the band, remember?”

“Right, but will you be staying the entire game?” He clarifies.

“Yeah, Eujin and some of the other girls from the band,” you explain.

A smile forms on Junhong’s face, “That’s good.”

You’re about to question what he means when the English teacher walks in to begin lecture. It wasn’t unusual for the two of you talk so much before class. Junhong was always in your grade, and you’d spoken to each other a few times, mainly about whatever class you were in over the years. But ever since you worked on a project with him last year, he seemed to talk with you more and this class allowed you to get even closer.

The conversation is soon forgotten as you take notes and participate in discussion. When the bell rings, you tell Junhong you’ll be cheering him on later tonight. “Thank you. I’ll see you around,” he says as the two of you part ways.

It wasn’t until near the end of lunch you spotted Junhong walking toward your table. “Hello Junhong,” Hyosung pipes up as she spots his approach. The conversation dies down as he stops at the table.

“Hello everyone,” he gives a shy smile. You aren’t sure what he makes of this until he looks at Euijin, “Can I talk with you?”

“Sure.”

With that the two of you them walk away and you can’t help but smile after them. “What are you thinking about?” Zinger asks, poking you lightly.

“I think he’s going to ask her to the homecoming dance. They’ve been neighbors forever you know so it makes sense.”

“Maybe,” Zinger shrugs before conversation resumes. You don’t get to hear what happens between Junhong and Euijin since the bell rings and you have to head to your next class.

At the end of the day your friend group meets up and naturally you can’t help but ask. “Oh no, he just wanted to discuss the anatomy quiz that we got back,” she tells you.

“Oh,” is all you can say before your group heads to the small festivities outside. You play a few of the little games that have been set up, spending most of your time playing giant jenga with your friends. Eventually you all buy some food that’s available and settle down. “______________!” A voice calls out.

You glance over to see some of the football team headed your way. “Hey Himchan,” you greet him directly since he’s the one who spoke to you. Himchan is probably one of the nicest guys you know. You remembered being so surprised when you met him in band. You would bet anything that he was going to be voted “most popular” or “friend to all”.

“Enjoying homecoming?”

“Yes. Are all of you?”

“Of course, though it will be better once we officially have our victory tonight.”

“Well if you’ve done all your rituals you’ll be fine,” you tease.

“Oh so you know about those?” Daehyun raises an eyebrow, glancing at Junhong.

“I haven’t told her any!” The youngest defends himself quickly.

“I’ve just spotted a few while being on the sideline,” you back him up.

“And the obvious ones, like giving out your jersey,” Hyosung adds, gesturing over to a small crowd of girls in different jerseys.

“You mean the one every lady dreams about,” Himchan winks. “I’m afraid I already handed mine off.”

“Himchan, stop being such a flirt,” Yongguk groans. “We just wanted to make sure you guys were having a good time. Hopefully you enjoy the game later.”

“Only if you guys win,” Nahyun teases.

“Make sure you do all the rituals,” Euijin tells them.

“We’ll make sure it gets done,” Youngjae promises, putting an arm around Junhong who gives a slow nod. Before anything more can be said, the guys head off. With that encounter over, your group finishes eating before you, Euijin, Zinger, and Sumin head to the band room to get your uniforms on and everything set up.

“Have a good performance,” Junhong tells you as he passes by.

“Have a good game,” you call after him.

“Our quarterback better have a good game,” Youngjae teases as he walks passed.

“Be nice,” Jongup tells the elder, and you hear the two bickering as they head down the hall.

Soon enough, you’re warming up before you take Himchan’s instrument from him so he can head to the football field. Ten minutes later, the band marches out and stands at the sideline, waiting for the clock to reach one minute.

“Anything new so far?” Euijin whispers to you.

Your attention goes to the football players to watch. You catch the usual at first, only noting Youngjae bouncing up and down slightly, only stopping when Daehyun whispered something to him. After chest bumping with Yongguk, Himchan moves to take his instrument back and get into his place. With 1:30 left on the count down you watch as Junhong fidgets before springing one of his curls. You can tell he’s nervous by rapid blinking but what shocks you is that you only count nine springs before his helmet is on.

You want to call out to him. Even if the superstition seems silly, you know it's something that matters to him and the team. There's nothing you can do as you start to march with the band. Maybe if he doesn't know it won’t matter. And so you play the pregames songs before the band marches toward the end zone to watch the game and play the school song every touchdown. Instead of playing,  most of the first quarter is spent standing around wincing every time Junhong is sacked. The team managed one touchdown, but the other school was doing much better. “This is bad...” Sumin whispers and all you can do is nod as there's a time out.

You wish you could go and tell Junhong to finish his ritual, but you can't interrupt.

The second quarter is better. At the start of halftime the score is 28-14 in favor of the other school. You hand Himchan his instrument before getting into your place on the field. Your body easily moves to the music allowing for a smooth performance as the crowd cheers after each song. You march off the field, spotting the football team waiting for Himchan and cheering him on. Your eyes land on a tired looking Junhong.

Now was your chance.

“Take Himchan's stuff,” you tell Euijin. Before she can ask questions you're rushing off. “Junhong!” You call out as he starts to walk away.

“______________?” Junhong asks as turns to see you mildly out of breath.

Without a word, you reach up and gently pull down a blond curl and release it so it gives a small bounce. “Ten,” you declare. “Your ritual is complete. Now nothing can stand in your way. Please stay safe out there please.”

A grin spreads on his face. “Thank you.”

You give a small nod, about to walk away when he his lips nervously. “Wait, there's one other ritual I need to take care of...and I should have earlier but I was nervous.”

“JUNHONG, LET'S GO!” His coach shouts.

“Euijin has something for you...if you accept it. I’ll explain more later. I hope to see you after the game,” Junhong says quickly before runs off, leaving you confused as you head to the locker room to change out of your uniform.

“What was that about?” Euijin asks as the two of you change.

“I wanted to give him some pep by helping him finish a ritual. He mentioned that you had something for me?”

She smiles at you and reaches into her bag. She quickly lets the small bundle drape down to reveal Junhong’s jerseys. You feel your jaw drop. You have so many questions. “Are...are you serious?”

“Yes, he asked me to hang onto it for him for you when he flaked out on his chance in class. He thought I could slip it to you somehow but I'm glad he did something since I had no ideas,” she laughs as you slowly take it from her.

“He was going to ask me earlier?”

“He’s been trying to get the courage all week apparently,” Euijin explains. “But that's something you'll have to discuss with him.”

“Right,” you nod, slipping the jersey over your warmer clothing. “Let’s go find the others.”

“Oh my gosh, it's finally happened?” Sumin questions upon seeing you.

“He might just be giving it to me as a friend. Don't get ahead of yourself,” you tell her quickly. You still can't believe he wanted you in his jersey, let alone that it meant he had feelings for you.

The other two girls are quiet as the three of you head to the stadium. As soon as you enter the area you see the offense heading onto the field. “Go Junhong!” You shout as long as you can.

He looks for the source of the shout and finds you. Even though he has his helmet on you can see him smiling before he gets onto the field. As you find Hyosung and the others they each make a small comment on what you're wearing before the ball is hiked. Junhong quickly throws to Yongguk, who narrowly avoids being tackled. He makes it to the 20 yard line before he gets forced out of bounds.

The game continues with your school's team doing much better. Your group cheers loudly, especially after every touchdown. The team claims a victory with 56 points while the rivals had 30. Both teams shake hands before the rival school leaves, allowing for friends and family to go onto the field.

“Go talk to him,” Hyosung nudges you.

“I’m going, I’m going,” you insist as you stand up and head down the bleachers. You weave through the crowds, occasionally waving to people you know or saying something in passing.

Junhong is chatting with someone when you get closer so you wait off to the side so you don’t disturb them. It doesn’t take long for him to spot, a smile already forming. He says something to the other person before moving toward you.

“Good game, I’m glad your luck changed,” you start.

“Thanks to you,” he nods.

“I didn’t really didn’t have anything to do with your skills. You just seemed distracted before the game even began.”

“Well, I was,” he admits, rubbing the back of his neck.

You can tell he’s nervous as he tries to think of how to word whatever he wants to tell you. So you wait, giving him some time.

“I just wanted to do things properly,” he starts. “You deserve that...but everything I thought of didn’t feel good enough or if it would make you uncomfortable...so I got scared. I feel embarrassed to admit that,” he gives a nervous chuckle. “Every time we would talk I told myself to just ask simply. I just couldn’t get the words to come out. So I asked Euijin if she would help give you the jersey...and then maybe we would get the chance to talk like this.

So when the game started I felt sor of guilty that I didn’t do things myself. That maybe you wouldn’t accept Euijin giving it to you. That by breaking a homecoming ritual, we would lose...and then we were losing, until you came over to me. I was going to tell you then, but well you know how coach wanted me to hurry. So the nerves got a bit better, until I saw you cheering for me. And then I felt like I could do anything.

“_____________________, I know it’s short notice now so I understand if you say no, but would you go to the homecoming dance with me tomorrow night?”

The racing pace of your heart seems to stop as your jaw drops at his words. “I would be honored,” you manage after a moment of collecting yourself. “But, I already promised the others that I would get ready and have dinner with friends...so I’ll have to ask them if you want to do anything beforehand.”

“Anything you want,” he assures. “Just let me know once it’s settled.”

“I will.”

“And if we don’t get dinner together beforehand we can do that another time.”

“Are you already asking me on a second date?” You ask in complete awe, only to feel nervous after the words registered in your mind. You didn’t want him to feel pressure that you assumed this was leading to anything more than just friends going to a dance together.

“I hope there can be many dates...and that you will official go out with me,” he admits bashfully. He didn’t want to ask you out until he was sure you weren’t going to the dance with someone else.

An excited squeal is let out as you wrap your arms around him. “I would love to.”

Junhong doesn’t say anything as he puts his arms around, only to jump when there’s a loud shout of “IT’S ABOUT TIME!” from Youngjae and Daehyun.

Your friends let out a bit of laughter as you feel yourself blushing with Junhong. “Let’s get a picture of you two. ____________, give me your phone,” Euijin holds out her hand. You quickly do as she asks before you and Junhong stand in a better pose for the photo. She snaps a few before handing you the device.

“If you want he can join us for dinner before the dance,” Nahyun offers.

“If you don’t mind, I would like that” Junhong comments.

“I would like that,” you nod.

“Now, we should go celebrate this victory!” Himchan cheers. “Let’s get changed guys.”

And so the guys head to the locker room while the girls wait. You send Junhong the photos before you can forget. Soon enough you’re headed out on the town to celebrate with Junhong holding your hand much of the night.