Jongup-Father and Son

BAP Scenarios

Anon request for when Jongup spends the day taking care of your son! I really love the idea of BAP a fathers oh my gosh. They will be adorable parents some day. I hope you guys enjoy!

- Admin Em

(7-12-17 catch up)

Warnings: none, mildly cheesy fluff

_______________________________________________

“Joonshin, it's time for breakfast,” you yawn as you finish up the meal you’d prepared.

“No!” The four year old protests, crossing his arms as he pouts. “Not without Appa!”

You give a small smile at your son’s dedication to his father, but you're overly tired today and were about to repeat yourself for the literally the tenth time. You move to the living room where Joonshin sat with his toys and kneel down. “Appa has been working very hard recently,” you say softly, running your fingers through his hair. “We should let him rest as long as he needs, and that may be a very long time. He wouldn't want you to get hungry.”

“I’m not hungry.”

“How about you at least eat a little bit of fruit before Appa wakes up? Will you do that?”


Your son is silent, his tiny face scrunched in concentration as he thinks about it. “Banana.”

You kiss the top of his head before getting the banana off the shelf for him. “Thank you Umma,” he smiles.

“You're welcome sweetie. Do you want to watch cartoons?” You ask, yawning as you do.

Your answer is an enthusiastic nod as you settle down on the couch. Joonshin stays in his spot on the floor, eating the banana as his eyes fixate onto the screen. You chuckle to yourself, thinking about how Jongup was the same way about cartoons sometimes. Your husband is still a child at heart after all.

Your mind began to wander and soon you drifted off. Thankfully Joonshin was too absorbed into the show to get into trouble in the ten minutes of time before Jongup woke up. It was only when Joonshin heard the bedroom door open that he looked away from the TV.

A smile spread across the child’s face as he leapt up and ran to attack his father in a hug. Jongup was quick to squat down so he could hold his son close. “Good morning, I missed you.”

“I missed you too Appa. Umma wanted to have breakfast without you! I said no but had to eat fruit,” Joonshin pulled away enough to show off his banana peel still in hand.

“You are too sweet,” Jongup praises. “Umma must have thought I would sleep longer. Sometimes Appa can sleep for a long, long time.”

“But now Umma is sleeping,” Joonshin gives a small pout as he points to you on the couch.

Jongup glances over, his smile growing at how cute you look. He knows you have to be exhausted to sleep sitting up. He’s immediately torn between letting you sleep more and waking you for breakfast. He can smell the meal you made and he’s sure you wouldn't want your son to be without breakfast much longer.

“Throw away your banana peel and then sit at the table please. I’ll wake her up,” Jongup says as he stands up. Obediently, Joonshin rushes to do as told as Jongup makes his way toward you. He leans over, pressing a kiss to your forehead. “Wake up beautiful.”

Slowly your eyes open. “Jongup?” The realization that you must have fallen asleep comes to you and immediately a fear forms in you. “Joon-”

“Sh, he’s okay. Nothing happened,” your husband comforts you quickly, knowing exactly what was going through your mind. Sometimes you forget how well Jongup knows you. “He was just watching TV. Now he’s waiting for breakfast.”

“Oh. Okay,” you breath in relief. “I don't know what happened. One minute I was awake. The next I wasn't,” you sigh as you get up.

“You work hard. You just need rest,” is all Jongup says before his attention goes to your son. “What do you want to drink?”

“Orange juice!”

“What do you say?”

“Please,” Joonshin adds, making Jongup give an adoring smile.

You heat the food back up as Jongup gets the drinks. Soon the three of you eat together as Joonshin tells Jongup some stories about what he missed during the latest promotions.

“Sounds like I missed a lot of fun,” Jongup comments before he gets an idea. “How about after showers you and I go do something fun?”

“Can we?!” Joonshin’s eyes go wide.

“If it's okay with Umma.”

“Of course,” you smile. No matter how much you saw Jongup tend to Joonshin, or how excited Joonshin got about more time with you or Jongup, your heart swelled happily. “But don't rush breakfast,” you add as Joonshin starts eating faster.

Even at a normal eating pace, it doesn't take him long to finish. “Go wash up,” Jongup tells him while grabbing the dishes for you. Once Joonshin is gone and the dishes are in the sink Jongup wraps his arms around you. “I’m sorry if I woke you when I got back last night.”

“You didn't. I actually slept really well last night so I’m not sure why I’m so tired. Must be the lack of sleep catching up,” you admit, leaning into his embrace. “I’m glad you're home again. Felt like more than a month since the world tour let you have a break.”

“I’m glad to be home too. It'll be a while before our next world tour. We all agreed we don't want to be away from our families that much. I’m glad I can help out again.”

“You do plenty when you're home.”

“Sometimes it doesn't feel like it,’ Jongup admits. “But today I will take care of everything so you can rest. Unless you want to come with us.”

“I think a father-son day would be great for the two of you. We can all do something another time,” you say just before Joonshin rushes to the two of you.

“You can wash up now Appa!”

“Okay, I’ll be quick,” Jongup promises, kissing your cheek before he goes. While he showers you settle on the floor to use some of Joonshin’s toys for a Pokemon battle.

“I win! I win!” your son cheers as the imaginary battle concludes. Jongup walks into the living room just as the victory dance begins.

“Are you ready to go, Pokemon master?” Jongup asks after a moment of watching the scene.

Joonshin nods eagerly before throwing his arms around you. “Bye bye Umma.”

“Have fun and behave,” you tell him as you give him a gentle squeeze. You stand and kiss Jongup. “That goes for you too,” you muse when the kiss ends.

“Of course. Get lots of rest. We’ll be home around five unless he gets tired,” your husband promises before taking his son’s hand. Once the two of them are outside the house Jongup asks, “What do you want to do today?”

“Can we go to the museum?” Joonshin asks eagerly.

“Anything you want,” Jongup smiles as he leads Joonshin to the car, making sure he’s secure in his booster seat.

The drive doesn't take long with Joonshin occasionally singing parts of the songs or watching the world go by. Once he sees the museum he begins bouncing in his seat while Jongup finds parking, which thankfully doesn't take too long.

The two walk hand and hand toward the building. “What do you want to see first?” Jongup asks.

“The dinosaurs!” The boy cheers, immediately leading Jongup in that direction. Jongup gives an amused chuckle, surprised his son could remember the way as he allowing himself to be dragged passed the other exhibits until the two stood before the skeleton of a Brontosaurus. Joonshin stares up in awe while Jongup reads a few facts about the dinosaur. This is repeated at each set of bones.

“Do you want to go see the ones outside?” Jongup asks, referring to some of the model figures in the outdoor area.

Joonshin nods, allowing Jongup to lead the way. Last time the family visited the museum it had been too cold to go outside so he didn’t know the way. The two stop to look at a few other exhibits as they go. They watch some robots dance to a compilation of various pop songs, which Joonshin also danced to. Jongup was sure to take a video.

They interact and talk about what they see until they reach the dinosaur models outside. A tiny gasp leaves the child as he looks at the T-Rex. “Do you want a photo with it?” Jongup asks

“Okay,” Joonshin smiles, standing in front of the fake beast. Jongup takes the photo before Joonshin asks, “Can I do a funny one?”

When Jongup nods and his son makes a face to look like he’s screaming. He rushes to look at the picture when Jongup lowers the phone.

“Can we take a fun one together?”

Jongup looks around, spotting a bystander nearby. He politely asks for a photo and the stranger agrees. Joonshin is in Jongup’s arms as the two pretend to scream and run away. “Can you say thank you?”

“Thank you sir,” Joonshin smiles as Jongup’s phone is returned to him. The two grin at the photo and Jongup makes it his background, leaving the family picture of the three of you as his lock screen.

Satisfied with the mini-photo session, the two move on. Playing and looking at as much as they can, taking bathroom breaks as needed until their stomachs growl, demanding food. They find a small food area and both get a hot dog and chocolate milk. A silence falls over them as they eat, but as they sit to rest and let the food settle Joonshin starts to chatter about what they’ve seen.

“Do you want to see the space stuff?”

“Please,” Joonshin says as Jongup disposes of their trash. They head to that area, and Joonshin sits down in a model rocket so Jongup snaps a photo. Jongup tells Joonshin about the plants as they look at a large photo on the wall.

“Where is your planet Appa?”

“What?” Jongup blinks in surprise.

“Uncle Zelo told me a story about being aliens, where is your planet?”

“Oh, that was from when Appa’s group first started performing, but I don’t think we ever made photos of our planet. Maybe you could draw what it looks like some time.” Jongup always tries to encourage Joonshin to be creative, and Joonshin loved making drawings for Jongup to take with him anyway.

“Ok,” Joonshin smiles before they move on. As time goes on, Joonshin begins to move slower and he begins to rub his eyes. Checking the time, Jongup sees it’s nearing 4:30. He hadn’t realized how late it was.

“Appa, I’m tired,” Joonshin says, the energy and excitement he’d had was drained, especially without his usual nap. “Can we go?”

“Do you want a piggy-back ride to the car?” Jongup offers, already crouching down. Small arms wrap around his shoulders as legs loop through muscular arms. “Hold tight like a koala,” he reminds his son before standing.

By the time they reach the car, Joonshin’s eyes are drooping shut. Jongup sends you a message telling you he would grab some food for the three of you on his way home. That done, Jongup heads out, stopping at a takeout place near your home. Joonshin sleeps the entire time and only starts to wake up when he’s being carried inside.

“Where are we?”

“Home,” Jongup tells him as he shifts to set the food bags on the counter.

“Did your adventure tire you out?” you ask and get a tired nod in return.

“I’m hungry, “ your son adds.

Wordlessly you start putting the food on some plates while Jongup sets Joonshin at the table. As he starts to eat, some energy seems to return as he tells you about what he’d done earlier. Jongup shows you some of the photos, and you laugh at the one they took with the T-Rex. “My silly boys,” you muse as you eat.

“Can we watch a movie?”

“After you finish your food and put your jammies on,” you promise. You know it's likely he’ll fall asleep during the movie after such an exciting day.

“Okay Umma!”

Once Joonshin is in his pajamas he picks a movie for Jongup to put in the DVD player. Your son happily settles between you and Jongup on the couch. As usual, he asks questions or makes comments on the movie, but as time goes on he grows quieter. You feel a pressure against you and look down to confirm he’s fallen asleep.

When you look up you're met with Jongup’s classic smile. Carefully, your husband moves so he can carry Joonshin to bed. He tucks him into the blankets, kissing the top of his head before turning to see you leaning in the doorway.

Neither of you say anything as Jongup wraps an arm around your waist and leads you out of the room, closing the door slightly behind the two of you.

“Thank you for today,” you start. “You take such good care of him. Of us.”

“You know I would do anything for you both,” Jongup reminds you. You say nothing as you press your lips to his, words didn’t seem like enough. You put as much love into the kiss as possible and feel just as much in return.