Youngjae- Baby Fat

BAP Scenarios

Youngjae looked himself over in the mirror. his stomach was more toned now since the fat was gone, but it wasn’t quite where he wanted it yet. Despite how coolly he acted about having people discuss his baby fat, it actually bothered him. “Youngjae, get out of the bathroom! I told you to be ready ahead of time so this wouldn’t happen,” your voice was heard through the bathroom door. The two of you were going to go to lunch together, but suddenly Youngjae just wanted to go do a light workout.

He knew it was silly, but he couldn’t help it. He wanted to present a better image of himself for the fans…and for you. The two of you had been friends for a long time now and along the way he found himself falling for you. Maybe it was how you made all his stress disappear by making him laugh, or the way your face lit up when you would smile, or the way-ok, there could be lots of reasons he fell for you. He never let you know about his feelings though, and he wouldn’t until he had the image he wanted so that he could be better for you. With a deep breath, he left the bathroom to find you waiting for him and that beautiful smile spread across your face. “Let’s go,” you link your arm into his, the way you usually did when the two of you would walk. He couldn’t help but smile as the two of you headed to the cafe nearby. He loved how understanding you were about how he had to disguise himself when the two of you went out. He almost felt like he was a burden on your time together since it was always so careful and rare so that the press never found the two of you and got the wrong idea…even if he wanted the wrong idea to be real.

“Earth to Jae, Earth to Jae,” you waved your hand in front of his face.

“What?” He jumped slightly as he came out of his thoughts.

“I asked what you were going to get so we could order.”

“Oh,” he stepped forward to order with you.

Soon enough the two of you were sitting down with your snacks and drinks. “What’s on your mind?”

“Nothing much, I was just thinking about our schedules coming up.”

“Liar.”

“What?”

“Yoo Youngjae,” you said quietly as you leaned closer, “I’ve known you all this time and you don’t think I can tell when you’re lying?”

Youngjae bit his lip, trying to resist the urge to bite his nails. You knew him so well, and yet you had no idea how in love he was with you?

“Come on, what’s really on your mind? You know I won’t leave you alone until you tell me.”

Youngjae shook his head and took a sip of his drink, hoping you would drop it. He couldn’t tell you how much he wanted to confess, how it bothered him that he couldn’t because he wasn’t good enough yet, how he wanted to be better. You let out a sigh and crossed your arms as you watched him look at what he’d picked to eat and the way he seemed to regret it. “It’s the baby fat again, isn’t it?”

Youngjae looked at you in surprise, he’d never once discussed that issue with you…with anyone actually. “Well-”

“Jae, I’ve seen you shirtless whenever we went swimming so I can tell you that you have no reason to worry. Even when that picture was taken there was hardly any there, and some of the fans thought it was cute. You know fans will love you no matter what, don’t you? I know you’ve been working on losing it and I can tell that you have. You don’t need to worry about your body so much because no one is going to care as long as you’re happy and healthy.”

Youngjae felt himself smiling at your words, you always knew how to make him feel better…and that was why he didn’t feel good enough for you yet. “I know, but I can still be better.”

“Who says you need to be better? Your looks are driving fans crazy-I’ve seen there comments-your voice and talent is to die for. Anyone who thinks there’s something you need to change is an idiot. Trust me, you’re perfect.”

“You really think so?” His heart started to race faster.

“Of course I do,” you reached out and patted his hand, “don’t ever change, ok?”

Youngjae took your hand in his, “On one condition.”

“What?”

“That you’ll be my girlfriend,” he said. He felt bold with your words in his mind, and he finally couldn’t hold back his feelings anymore.

“W-what? Me?”

“Yes. There’s no one better for me. You make me feel better when I’m down, you’ve never treated me differently since I became an idol, you understand me, and for the longest time you’ve been the one I want to be perfect for,” he squeezed your hand nervously as he watched your expression carefully.

“I would love to be your girlfriend…actually it’s about time you asked!”

“Wait, you knew I was going to ask!”

“I know you well, Yoo Youngjae. Now let’s go somewhere private before we attract attention,” you stood up, still holding his hand so he had no choice but to follow you; although he would have anyway. After a few minutes, the two of you were just outside the dorm when you faced him, “I’m surprised you didn’t know that I knew.”

“Well my mind was on other things,” he rubbed the back of his neck.

“Well, you’re still perfect,” you mused before he pulled you into his embrace, unable to stop himself. You buried your face in his chest, amused at how cute and silly he was, and in that moment Youngjae felt perfect.