Daehyun- Voicemail 2

BAP Scenarios

 

Daehyun heard his phone ringing and quickly tried to get up, only for the stylist to push him back into the chair. “We’re almost done,” she told him.

“But-”

“No buts, it can wait,” she said and went back to what she was doing.

“Could someone answer that for me?” He whined. He had the feeling it was you and he felt horrible. Something had been important last night but he’d stayed out with the members and by the time he’d gotten back to the hotel it was late so he’d figured you were asleep. Then this morning he slept late, and he probably would’ve slept longer if Youngjae hadn’t woken him up. He should’ve at least sent you a message apologizing and explaining, but he’d done nothing because of the time crunch.trans.gif

“It went to voicemail,” Youngjae announced, making Daehyun sigh.

“There, you’re all done. You’re going to melt all the fans at the signing today,” the stylist smiled as she looked over his makeup one last time.

With a quick thank you, Daehyun stood and grabbed his phone, which showed he’d, in fact, missed a call from you, but there was no voicemail. He quickly hit the green button to call you back and waited until the automated voice said, “We’re sorry the number you are trying to reach is currently busy, please call back later.”

So you were leaving a message..and it was long, he concluded. Since his bandmates were occupied, Daehyun decided he’d take a stroll around the building, but he didn’t get far since his phone chimed to signal a new voicemail. He leaned against the wall and started to listen.

“Dae,” you sounded so upset his stomach twisted, “I don’t really know where to begin, I’m just...tired. I’m tired of giving in to your unconditional standards. You probably don’t even realize what you’re doing and I should give you a chance to defend yourself, but I don’t even talk to you anymore. Do you even remember me? I gave you everything, and it seems like it’s not enough! You could tell me that it’s because you’re busy, but I can’t believe that anymore. Look at last night, I told you we needed to talk and you promised we would, but where’s the call? Why am I talking to voicemail? There was a time you told me you couldn’t live without me, but, clearly, that’s a lie. You’ve done just fine without me. I’ve spent so long worrying and wondering about you and you have no idea. I’m so angry at you and I’m angry at myself for thinking things would work between us when you’re always so busy. I can’t take back everything we’ve done, but we should both forget it. You probably already have, and if you haven’t then I’m sure your bandmates, coordi-noonas, and fans will make you feel all better.”

Daehyun found himself on the floor as you began to sob. “I always dreamed it’d work, but I don’t remember that dream anymore because it’s gone! There’s nothing left of us anymore. Have a good life, goodbye,” you sobbed as you hung up. Daehyun found his own eyes watering.

He’d messed up. He’d messed up the most important thing to him. He wiped his eyes, resulting in both moisture and makeup to smear onto his hand. “Jagiya,” he breathed even though no one was around to hear. He felt lost now, was it really over? Just like that? He found himself slowly getting up and walking towards the smell of food. He just had the urge to eat and that’s what he was going to do as he thought things over. Without any hesitation, he grabbed the entire cheesecake and sat down to fill his face.

He should call you, he should get it worked out, but would you answer? He should’ve known better than to put you aside like that. What if you stayed together and he did it again? He swallowed more cheesecake and felt tears begin to fall. The stylist would kill him, but why would that matter now? Everything important was slipping away. He couldn’t just let that happen, he needed to fight for you, but what could he say when he hated himself for doing this to your relationship?

‘Jagiya,’ he thought as he finished half of the cheesecake, ‘I’ve never forgotten you. I always wonder what you’re doing and how you are. I should’ve done more for you, for us. I swear I was going to call, but by the time we got back it was late and I didn’t want to wake you, and I slept in this morning and it’s another busy day. There’s no excuse for what I did though. There’s no one else because I love you. Only you. I can’t do this without you. You’re my reason to work so hard, even though I love the fans I just want to go be with you.’ Daehyun had finished the cheesecake and moved to get something else to eat before sitting back down. ‘We can work, I’ll work harder if you let me. I promise I will. I was a fool, a big fool. Please don’t say goodbye like this.’

“What are you doing?!” A voice snapped and through his watery eyes Daehyun realized Youngjae was standing in front of him.

“Leave me alone,” Daehyun said between bites.

“No, what’s going on?! The staff is going to murder you!”

“She ended it. _______ broke up with me.”

“What?!”

“She left me a voicemail,” Daehyun gestured to his phone which Youngjae then  took to listen to the message. “What do I do? How can I fix this?”

“Well for starters,” Youngjae smacked the back of Daehyun’s head, “you stop eating like a fatty and then you call her! She wants to talk to you and if you don’t call her that will make her think she was right all along.”

“What do I say though?”

“How you feel, the truth, everything you can think of. As long as you try.” Youngjae held up his phone and took a picture. “Evidence for how upset you are in case you screw it up with your mouth.”

“That’s comforting,” Daehyun mumbled and wiped his face.

“I know, now I’ll go make sure no one finds you in here and when you’re done I’ll redo...that,” Youngjae gestured to the mess of emotion on Daehyun’s face before leaving.

With a deep breath Daehyun hit the green ‘call’ button on his phone and prayed for you to answer.