Zelo- Jealousy

BAP Scenarios

“I’m sorry, oppa, I have plans for dinner with Minhyun tonight,” you tell Junhong gently, even using ‘oppa’ although he’s not much older than you, as the two of you walked through the school hallway. “Maybe we can do something tomorrow,” you suggest.

“I would like that,” he gives you a small smile before you duck into your classroom. Junhong sighs to himself as he goes his own way, you were going to be with Minhyun again! It didn’t seem fair; Junhong has known you longer and yet you were with Minhyun more and more now. Sure, Junhong has been busy with his schedule, but now he had time to spend with you...and you were spending it with another guy. The three of you had hung out once, but Junhong felt like an awkward third wheel as you mostly spoke with Minhyun. The two of you even held hands as you walked. Junhong always thought that was something only the two of you did.

Tell her how you feel, the voice of reason tells Junhong but he ignores it. Along the way in your friendship, he’d developed a bit of a crush on you. He thought about confessing, but never found the courage to do it since he’s never done it before and if he lost your friendship. Yongguk and the other hyungs have tried to encourage him, but it’s never been enough.

Junhong snaps out of his thoughts as the teacher began speaking.

 

At lunch, Junhong sits with you as usual, but today you keep texting someone; Minhyun. “_________-ah, you should pay attention to me~” Junhong pouts cutely.

“Ok, just a second,” you say as you type another text. “Sorry, Minhyun was just telling me a really fun story about what he and Ren did earlier. Poor Ren got mistaken as a girl again so he and Minhyun decided to pretend that Ren was! Their waitress totally believed it too until-”

“Let’s not talk about them right now,” Junhong cut you off.

“Arasso, so tell me about how promotions have been? Have you been getting lots of rest?” you ask sweetly as you pocket your phone so Junhong smiles and begins to tell you everything until lunch is over.

 

“Junhong-ah, I thought you were going to invite __________-ah over?” Himchan questions as the maknae enters the dorm.

“She’s got dinner plans with Minhyun. I don’t like how close they are. Even during lunch he was texting her constantly...do you think they started dating while I was on tour?” Junhong starts to panic at the idea because what if you were dating and stopped speaking with him completely? He should’ve confessed, he should’ve told you how he felt because now he was going to regret it. What if Minhyun broke your heart? Of course, he’d be around to help pick up the pieces, but seeing you hurt by another guy is something Junhong doesn’t want to see; ever.

“You really need to tell her how you feel before you end up regretting it,” Yongguk says as he emerges from the kitchen.

“I know...but how? Aren’t confessions supposed to be a big deal?”

“You don’t have to go all out, you can just speak from your heart; sometimes that’s what’s best,” Himchan suggests.

“Will you both help me?” Junhong asks shyly.

“Sure, just tell us both what you want to say as though we’re ____________-ah,” Himchan smiles and so Junhong set to work pouring his heart out with some difficulty to the elder as though it were you sitting before him.

 

The next day Junhong finds you when school lets out and the two of you go get ice cream while chatting casually, only to be interrupted by your phone buzzing with a text that you quickly looked at. “Is it Minhyun?” Junhong asks slowly and you nod. “__________-ah, could we talk?”

“Of course,” you say while putting your phone back in your bag, you’d answer it later. This was clearly important to Junhong.

He takes a deep breath before beginning, “You’ve been my friend for a really long time now, and in that time I’ve come to know you very well....I know i’m not around often so you get close to other people, but I’m...I’m....” The words are stuck in his throat as he tries to tell you he’s jealous.

“Annoyed? Frustrated? Jealous?” you offer some words to try and help him, even though you actually think the scene before you is extremely adorable.

“Yes, jealous. You see, I’ve had a crush on you for sometime now and I never said anything since I didn’t want to mess this up, but I don’t want to regret not telling you. So if you’re dating Minhyun now, I’m glad you’re happy, and-”

“Oppa,” you cut him off and panic bubbles inside him. “I’m not dating Minhyun, we’re just friends,” you smile.

“Y-you’re just friends?” Junhong asks, thinking that maybe he’s hearing what he wants to hear, but you nod in response. “T-then...would you...would you be my girlfriend?”

“I’d be honored,” you giggle.

A smile spreads across Junhong’s face as he reaches across the table to hold your hand. “Now these hands are only mine to hold, ok?”

“Yes oppa,” you use your other hand to salute.

“And I’m the only one man who gets to hug you...except your father of course.”

“Yes oppa. You’re so cute, now have some ice cream,” you smile while holding up a spoonful for him to eat, which he does happily. Things were perfect.