Daehyun-Not Easy

BAP Scenarios

“She’s gone, she left, she left...” Daehyun sobbed as you cradled him in your arms.

“I know, shhh,” you soothed and his hair.

“I just can’t believe that she’s really gone. That she’s never coming back. I don’t know what I did wrong...I tried to be there for her, I really did. I gave her gifts and sang her songs...oh god what have I done wrong!?” He wailed.

“Daehyun, you did nothing wrong. I know how you were there for her as much as possible. I saw how dedicated you were to her. It just didn’t work. Sometimes this type of thing just happens. She just didn’t feel the same...it’s not your fault. You did absolutely nothing wrong,” you reassured him.

“I still can’t help but feel like a failure,” he whispered hoarsely. “I loved her.”

Hearing those words made you wince slightly. Not because of the pain laced in them, but because of the truth inside them of how deeply he had cared for her. Feelings that he never had for you. Truth was, he never said those three words every girl wants to hear to you. Even throughout all these years of sticking to his side and being the best friend possible to him, he never had romantic feeling towards you. It was quite the opposite for you.

“You’re not a failure Daehyun and you never will be. I know you loved her and I know how hard this is for you, but you can’t blame yourself. You gave her everything you could and it still didn’t work. I’m sure it was for the better this way. She just wasn’t right for you and it’s best she left rather than try to make something work when its not supposed to. There’s someone out there who loves you. There’s someone that will appreciate everything you do and find you the perfect man. It just wasn’t her, okay?”

“Okay,” he breathed while nodded against your chest. You wiped away some of his tears and continued to his hair and rub his back soothingly. It would take him some time to get over this breakup, he had really liked this girl. You had thought she was great too, but it just turned out not meant to be. Which, secretly, you were glad of.

Daehyun sniffed and pulled away from your embrace, composing himself. He gave you a smile, but his sadness still shone through it so you you gave a genuine smile in return. “C’mon, lets grab some chips and pop in a funny movie to get your mind off it,” you suggested.

“Okay,” he agreed; his smile brightening a bit. Soon the two of you were snuggled under a blanket and pigging out on chips, forgetting all about why Daehyun was so sad. Granted, it would take him weeks to get over her and you would be there to help him along the way. Even if he didn’t turn to you or ever think of you as his next romance, it was okay. As long as you were able to stay by his side, that was enough.

Daehyun’s gaze traveled over to you and your eyes met his. “_________, thanks for everything. I’m glad to have you in my life. You’re always there for me, and I just wanted to thank you for that.”

“No Daehyun, thank you. I hope I get stay in your life since you mean a lot to me.” More than you’ll ever know.

He flashed a smile before snuggling closer to you and focusing on the movie. He was far from having his heart mended, but it was on its way. You were also far from having your dreams of actually dating Daehyun, but it seemed those fantasies were also on their way to become realities.