Chapter 6

Stay by my side.

Weeks and months has passed and my tummy is getting bigger. We too, has moved back to my apartment and Daniel promised to stay with me for the time being. He would care less about his mom because in this case he thinks that his mother was being unfair to him and myself. 

I missed mom and dad the most. The last time I called her was to inform her that we were getting engaged but hearing mom's response, I immediately hated her till I refused to contact her.

'How are they doing, god?'

'Oh dear god, please open my mom's heart so that she will accept Daniel as her son-in-law..and approve our relationship..' 

Everyday I would pray to god so he would answer my prayers.


It was a cold lovely Saturday morning and Daniel wouldn't be working so he will stay at home helping me doing the house chores, massaging my aching body and make some hot tea for me. What a lovely husband he would be.

I was cutting some fruits in the kitchen when the door bell rang.

'Riiing..'

I put the knife down but Daniel who suddenly popped up from the bedroom insisted that he'll answer the guest.

"I'll go.." He said as he walk towards the door.

"Come on in.." I heard him inviting the guest or guests in. I wonder who the guest were that would come this early.

"Who's that, hon-" I paused when I saw mom and dad standing beside the couch looking around the house.

"Mom, Dad.. How are you..?" I walked briskly towards them and reached my arms forward to give them a hug.

"We're fine, Lisa.. How are you?" Mom asked as she pulled me in for a warm hug.

"I'm doing good, mom.."

"That's great", dad smiled. "Is that Daniel's child you are carrying..?" He asked as shifted his eyes over at my tummy.

"Um nae... This is our child.." I replied, caressing my tummy.

"Daniel.." Dad called him which made him flinched a little.

"Em, dae? (a/n. some koreans pronounce 'nae' as 'dae', so it's the same meaning actually)"

"Do you really want to marry my daughter and keep her as your wife?"

I scrunched my eyebrows and glanced over at mom who was looking down on her lap looking somehow rather guilty. Daniel doesn't know about mom disapproving our relationship as I chose to hide it from him.

"Dae?" He widened his eyes a little.

"I'm letting you marry my daughter.. We both approved to your relationship.." Dad smiled as he slowly places his hand on mom's lap.

"Really?" I asked again.

My lips curved in when dad nodded his head. I looked over at Daniel and he was grinning and thanking my parents.

"Shall we order chinese noodles to celebrate this good news?" Daniel beamed,showing his eyesmile.

"Ah, it's okay, Daniel. We'll get going now.." Mom spoke up as she starts to stand up.

"Em, Daniel.. just do it.. I'll make them stay.." I interrupted. "Just for awhile, mom? Dad?" I pouted.

Mom shifted her eyes on dad who nodded his head slightly persuading her to stay for awhile before she answers, "As you wish then.."


 

 I looked up to the vibrant yet soothing streaks of colour that had filled the canvas of the sky outside the window. There were of pink and orange that resembled the soft, supple skin of a perfectly ripened peach. 

It was almost 7 in the evening, almost the time Daniel would be back from work. 

'Riiing' The doorbell rang.

I walked to the door brusquely, confident that it was Daniel. Infact, I was wrong. Without looking through the peep-hole, I opened the door and there stood Mdm Chae and a pretty woman around her late 20s beside her. She interlocked her arms with Mdm Chae's and I realise that they were pretty close and intimate. Initially, I thought they came to the wrong house but after seeing Mdm Chae right before me, I was sure they're here for a purpose. I have never seen the lady before in my life but I doubt she have a close relationship with Daniel's family. I don't know. Prove me wrong.

"Come in.." I invited them in.

Both Mdm Chae and the girl widened her eyes in surprise when they saw my huge tummy. I raised my eyebrows and looked at my tummy before walking away.

'It's either you come in or go away if you want to look at me like that...' I cursed quietly.

I let the door open as I'm afraid they might do something to me. Atleast, I could shout for help if they did.

The both of them entered the house without removing their shoes which really made me annoyed and disgusted. They looked around the house with a face and sat on the couch without even waiting for my offer. 

How ridiculous.

The lady is no way better compared to Mdm Chae. Not that I'm ing on her because she was with Daniel's mom but the way she looked at me from top to toe and the way she rolled her eyes at me, oh god! I was pretty sure she's the bossy, petty and arrogant type. They're both the same species. Those kinds that only look for rich men and wants to live a luxurious life. Just by observing their attitude when the first step in here, I already knew what type of person they are.

"So.. you stay here...? And I see that you are carrying a child with you.. Is that even Daniel's? Or.. I don't know.. You look cheap and pretty so I bet you wouldn't care sleeping with other guys." Mdm Chae said sarcastically.

"Do you think I'd believe you if you were to tell me this beast you are carrying is Daniel's child? What makes you think he loved you?" She continued.

I furrowed my eyebrows hinted anger. My blood was boiling with rage and could feel my face heating up. I was antagonised by her impertinent remarks.

"That's why I'm here for a purpose. I won't let you marry my son..Anyway, this is Nicole. She is Daniel's future-wife-to-be." She added.

"So now that you see me already.. Hands. Of. Daniel." Nicole sneered.

The temperature in the room seemed to rise as my balled  fists started to turn white at my knuckles. My whole body quivered with intense hatred and bitterness. Tears starts to fill up my eyes. I was on the brink of tears.

"What bull are you talking about here, Mdm Chae? Stop making stupid assumptions. You came here just to pissed me off and you bring this newcomer here just to ruin my life?!" I roared with uncontrollable fury.

"Wow, Lisa. Wow...Honey, who taught you to be disrespectful towards the older ones or maybe your guests? Your parents? Oh how pathetic your life is my dear. Your parents don't even give a damn about you." Mdm Chae continues to spill out those harsh words not bothering how I will feel.

Nicole smiled slyly hearing those words coming out from Mdm Chae's mouth.

"Don't get my parent's involve here.." I gritted my teeth.

I tried not to react as hot searing rage throbbed painfully at my temples.

"Shut it, honey. Don't act all humble and decent here. Do you think Daniel really loves you? He's mine,." Nicole interrupted.

"Mdm Chae, I have never requested anything from you. But now, all I'm asking for is, instead of judging my life, why don't you teach the lady beside you to be a better person. A more prestigious lady rather than living her life by ruining other people's relationship." I raised my voice. 

I bit my bottom lip holding back the tears. I could feel my teeth chattering.

Nicole's face was like a volcano filled with burning lava. Her once calm demeanor suddenly exploded into wild fits of anger. She immediately stood up and walk towards me, flexing her arms, landing a huge tight slap across my face.

"NICOLE!" I heard a deep husky voice coming towards the door. It was Daniel.

I was too late to react because she was too fast and everything went by too quickly.

I touched my cheek that was burning like mad. The painful sensation I felt emotionally and physically has made me weak in person. I fell down on my knees, clutching my cheek in despair. Tears starts streaming down like a waterfall. I felt the whole world collapsing upon me. I felt as if my heart had been ripped from my body. I began to cry my heart out

 


Daniel's POV

I was so happy to return back home today. I bought Lisa's favourite Korean Spicy Crab at the nearby restaurant. She must be thrilled to know that I've bought her,her favourite dish.

As I walked out of the lift, I could see the door slightly open from afar. 

"Hssh, Lisa usually doesn't like to open the door. Especially at this hour.." I whispered to myself.

Just as I was nearing the doorstep, I could hear a conversation in the living room. I furrowed my eyebrows wondering who it might be. The weird thing is that, there wasn't any shoes outside.

'Don't tell me she talked to herself?'

I shrugged the thoughts off and touched the door knob. Before I was about to push the door open, I heard a familiar voice other than Lisa's.

Nicole. That is. What was she doing here?!

 

"Don't get my parent's involve here.."

 

"Shut it, honey. Don't act all humble and decent here. Do you think Daniel really loves you? He's mine,." 

I widened my eyes in complete surprise upon hearing those bitter words she nonchalantly spitted out.

'Who the are you to say that to Lisa?!' I cursed under my breath. 

I placed my ears closer to the door so I can hear the conversation better before I decided to make my moves.

"Mdm Chae, I never requested anything from you. But now, all I'm asking for is, instead of judging my life, why don't you teach the lady beside you to be a better person. A more prestigious lady rather than living her life by ruining other people's relationship." I heard Lisa answering back.

Nicole was an old friend who never understood the words, 'stop pestering.' She won't stop bothering me even after I broke up with her during our school times. Well, there's a reason why I broke up with her. That's because she cheated on me with another guy.

 

Before anything worst happens in there, I told myself this is it. Without hesitating, I pushed the door open with all I might. I almost couldn't believe my eyes. 

Nicole raised her hand back. She then threw her hand forward as hard as she could, whipping it across Lisa's face.

The crack of skin contacting skin echoed off the walls. I just witnessed something painful. Something unbelievable. Something that I know would be more agonizing to the one who felt it.

Everything happened in a blink of an eye.

"NICOLE!" I bellowed.

Nicole was surprise to see me barging into the apartment. Seething with anger, I approached Nicole menacingly.

My eyes automatically shifted on to Lisa who was on her knees and holding her right cheek. I was so worried about her and our child she is carrying. She was crying silently there. I regretted for not stepping in earlier. I cursed myself mentally seeing how sympathetic Lisa was in that state. My eyes than glanced over to the other side of the room where there stood an older lady. 

'Mom??!' I asked myself.

"What the did you just do?!!" I yelled right in Nicole's face.

"I..Daniel, I-" She stammered.

"Get lost." I demanded her.

Nicole grabbed my arms pleading for me to hear out her explanation.

"DON'T TOUCH MY HAND. GET LOST I SAID."

"Hear me ou-"

"GET LOST!!" I hollered at her and grabbed her by the arm and pushed her aggresively out of the apartment.

This was when anger turns into tears.

I glanced over at mom who was standing still not knowing what to do. Her face showed that she was terrified. Tears welled up in my eyes and began rolling down my cheeks like rivulets.

"Is this what you want, mom?" I began. "Seeing the girl I dearly love being slapped by outsiders..?? Seeing me in tears not because of you approving our relationship but because of what I just witnessed..??" I cried.

"She is pregnant. She is carrying my child everywhere with her. How could you do this to her,mom? Did you have no sense of pity? Where's your humanity.mom...?" I added as tears continously flow down my cheeks.

 A flood of tears gushed down my ashen cheeks staining the floor as I express what I felt. No one could express Lisa's agony, what more herself.

"I'm sorry,son. I really am.. Please forgive me.." She begged.

"Not now, mom. I can't easily forgive you and Nicole after what you just did to Lisa.." I cleared my throat. "Leave now, mom. Please reflect on what you've done. On what you've planned. This was all your idea right..? And that came along to help you out? Don't ever think of me apologising you if you're not going to realise you're mistake."

She picked up her bag immediately and stomped off her feet leaving the apartment. I ignored her and slowly walked towards Lisa. 

I touched her shoulders and slowly made her stand up.  She hids her face in her palm when I turned her around to face me. Her shoulders was shaking uncontrollably. I tucked her face in my chest and pulled her into my arms. I let her stay in my embrace for awhile as I hugged her very tightly.

"I'm sorry, Lisa.. I'm so sorry about what happened..." 

Lisa continue to break down. I bit my bottom lip enduring the upset feeling of not able to protect her when she needs me the most.

 


 

That night, she went to bed early. I bet she was really tired. I tucked the blanket up till her chest to keep her warm.

I lay down beside her with a quilt over me as I looks forward and a hand upon my cheek. . I traced her eyebrows, her nose and down to her cheeks.I caressed her right cheek that has a red mark on it before pressing my lips gently on it.

"Sleep tight, baby.. We'll pull through this together. I promise.." I whispered in her ears.

I hugged her to sleep to give her warmth as it was a cold night.


This a long chapter update^.^ 

I'll be starting school next Monday and I hate it :'(

Anyway, don't forget to subcribe/ comment to me if you enjoyed, yea? ^.^

Tumblr_miwxse7wkl1s6aj8vo1_500_large

Daniel, please come back soon :'(