Chapter 19

Stay by my side.

Lisa's POV

The sun shone brightly through the window. I opened my eyes slowly and flinched a little as the sun rays hurt my eyes. I stretched my arms on the other side of the bed and felt the absence of someone that mean the world to me. I shut my eyes in agony and bit my lip to hold back those painful tears. I placed my full palms on my face  and heaved out a huge sigh.

"Zzzt. Zzzt." MY phone vibrated.

"Um, Hello?" I answered without bothering to look at the caller's ID.

"Lisa? It's me, Gikwang" Says the person on the other line.

"Um?" I replied nonchalantly.

"I- I've heard about your husband. I want to help you." He spoke up.

" Thanks,Gikwang-ssi but I don't need anyone's help right now. I can handle this by myself."

"I know you can't, Lisa. I- I just want to help you. I feel really burdened when I've heard about what Daniel's has done to you-"

"Burdenened? What do you know about my problem? What he has done to me? What he has done to me is none of your business. I told you already, I am fine." I raised my voice a little higher.

I sighed.

"Lisa.. Can we meet for awhile? You can let it out here. I know you're not in your best mood but please. At least give me the chance to hear you out. I will help, Lisa. I promise. I really want to help you." Gilwang said in a concerned tone.

I don't know if he still have feelings for me or he's just trying to help.

"Okay.."

I took out the phone battery from my phone and threw it far away from me. I'm sick and tired already. I'm not going to bother any phone calls from now on.

Mom and dad knew about this and they've been giving me encouragements and even sending me foods from home. They knew how much it has hit me. How much I've suffered.

So does my In-laws. Though they might be the one that was most hurt by the bad news, they knew it has impacted me the most.

Every once in awhile, I would send Ryan and Darnell to mom's place for her to baby-sit them as I have work to attend to. And especially at times like this, I really need to work over-time to earn extra earnings to support my family.

I never blame Daniel for his wrongdoings. I understood him, I knew people make mistakes and I'm giving him a second chance. At this state, I distinguished that all Daniel need is a support from his loved ones. Never in my life, have I stop giving my love for him. No one know how much I love him and how much it hurts me when he's not at home supporting me from the back when I took care of the kids.

I miss the love he showered me with. The loving, caring daddy attitude he potrayed to my children. I miss all of that. No one knew. Except, my aching heart.


"Lisa! Over here." Gikwang raised his hand and signalled me to come over to his table at a restaurant near the streets in Seoul.

He rised from his chair and walked over to the opposite side and pulled the chair and gestured me to sit.

"Thank you." I smiled faintly.

"Do you want to get something to eat or drink? Lunch will be on me." Gikwang smiled charmingly.

"Nah, I'll just have a cup of plain water." 

He was kind of disappointed from the way he smile but in the end he agreed.

"Em, I- I hope you're feeling better? Or if you're still aren't, then perhaps I can bring you to the arcade and we can release our stress there? Or eat some dubokki together?" His lips curved as he looked at me in the eyes.

"Thanks so much for the offer. But- I don't need all of that. I'm fine." I lied.

"Real eyes realize." Gikwang blurted out.

"Hmm?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Of course you're lying, my dear. I have known you not the first time." He laughed a little.

I look down on my lap and played with my fingers.

"Hey, look at me. I know there's alot you want to say. Say it now. I'll be a listening ear. No, don't worry. I'm not trying to win your heart again," he expressed. "I gave up. Like totally. Cos' I know you don't even have feelings for me. You only loved Daniel. I can read that from the look in your eyes. Pretend that Daniel is infront of you and not me. Let's just pretend I don't exist in your life." He added with a frown on his face.

"Hey.. look at me.." Gikwang whispered softly.

When I raised my head up, I tried searching for his face but my vision was blur. The tears in my eyes were like crystals. 

"I miss him so much..." I broke down.

I saw his head nodding continously indicating that he understood what I am feeling. 

"I wish I could tell him how much I missed him. But words just couldn't come  out from my mouth when I came face to face with him. Whenever I look at him, I felt like my life is complete... I missed him,oppa. I really do." My shoulders began to shook uncontrollably as I lay my head on the table and wept.

Gikwang touched my shoulder and make me stand up. He gave me a warm hug and my hair gently. 

"I know how much you missed him. I know how much you loved him. All of that, I can see it from your eyes the moment you stepped in here." He whispered into my ears.

"He'll be back soon. Trust me. God is with him. You just have to pray to god, ask Him to protect your Daniel and let him be safe. He will hear you. Okay? Trust me, I 'm sure Daniel misses you more than you do." I held her in my arm tighter and convinced to her that everything will be absolutely alright. 

Gikwang's POV

"Daniel misses you too, he loves you too, Lisa. You know that too right?" I said.

That name, if only she knew was actually referring to me. The stupid Gikwang that have yearned for her for years but was too coward to say it again.


(Still Gikwang's POV)

"Drop me here will do. I'm going to get some things for dinner." She spoke up as she slowly loosen her safety belt.

"Here? Do you need any help?"

"No, I'll be fine. Thanks Gikwang. Thanks so much for the support. I appreciate it." She somewhat smiled.

'Anything for you.' My heart whispers.

"Yup, no problem. Don't hesitate to contact me if you need anything. I'm here. All the time." I assured.

"Emm, sure. Thanks. Bye" She waved a little and closed the door. 

I wind the car window and shouted, "Take care!" and she replied with a beautiful smile.

Still the beautiful lady I know. 

I watch her silhouette disappears slowly as she enters the mart before driving off.


Months have passed. It's finally the day I've waited for.

D-day. Daniel's release from prison, where he is totally free from his sentence. 

So much that I've gone through. So much things happened but I am still who I am today. Having Daniel behind the bars, made me a stronger as a woman. Made me realize how life is cruel. Also, have made me realize that without him, it's hard for me to juggle with my life alone.

I woke up really early that day and prepared breakfast for the kids.

Today, marks the end of every agony Daniel has gone through.

"Mommy, where are we going? Why are you making breakfast so early?" Little Ryan said as he rubbed his eyes, probably still sleepy.

He walked into the kitchen by himself still in his romper. This Daniel's junior is already 13 months old and he can talk and walk very well.

"Hey honey, why are you up early in the morning?" I asked as I picked him up from the ground.

"Mommy, where's daddy? When is he coming back from Italy? I missed him." His little fingers touched my face. 

Of course this kid didn't know where his dad was actually. I have to lie because he is too young to understand.

"Daddy? He is coming back home today. So did you woke up early because you knew you're going to be seeing daddy?" I kissed his lip.

"No.." He replied cutely. 

I laughed at his cute reaction and put him down on the ground.

"Wait for mommy upstairs, honey. I'll get this done quickly and I'll come back to you, okay?" I smiled.

"Heee.. okayy." He presented his eye-smile that looked alot like his dad.

"Mom, is dad coming back today?" The all-grown up Darnell asked excitedly as soon as she enters the kitchen.

"Yes darling. Hurry go and bathe and will leave in a bit." I kissed her cheek.

"OMG, Yay!" She beamed.


-At the Police Station-

"Give us a minute, while I check for his name." Said one of the officers.

"Mom, do you think daddy will remember us?" Darnell whispered.

"Geez, what are you talking about. Of course he will. Don't worry honey." I guaranteed.

"Mommy, where's daddy?" Ryan mumbled as he looked around searching for his dad.

"Coming soon,dear." I smiled at him.

"Mdm Chae, Mr Daniel Chae is now free from the sentence. He can now return back home." The officer came out with a slightly buffed-man standing beside him.

My heart almost dropped when I saw a figure of a man standing right beside the officer with his face drooping low. SLowly, the officer un-cuffed his hands and slowly releases him and left.

"Daniel...?" I called out his name.

He raised his head slowly and saw the three of us right before his eyes.

My eyes became teary. It was really teary that it can roll down any time.

"Daddy!!" Darnell and Ryan shouted in unison and they immediately ran towards Daniel to give him a big hug.

Daniel's lips curved in a U-shape and he too, was tearing up. Tears filled his eyes as he squatted down and opened up his arms to give them a hug. He embraces them so tightly and I knew he missed them so much. I watched the scene infront of me and that was one of the most beautiful thing ever. I cupped my mouth and cried so hard. I thank god for this.

"Daddy..??? We missed you!!!" Darnell expressed, half crying in his dad's arms.

"I missed my darlings too.." 

Finally. After 7 months of not hearing his voice. He finally spoke up. 

"My baby Ryan is all grown up! You grown up to be such a handsome kid. Darnell, you're no longer my princess. You're my queen. My babies, I'm sorry. I've disappoint you. I love you so much. I missed you all." He broke down into tears.

"Daddy, don't cry..." Ryan said as he wiped off the tears off his dad's face.

He releases the hugs and stood up slowly. He looked at me before approaching me step by step.

I was crying really badly and I couldn't stop because the more I look at him the more those tears kept flowing down. I bit my lips hard and I felt my shoulders shaking uncontrollably.

He quickened his pace and grabbed my shoulders tightly and pulled me into a warm, long-yearning hug. I broke down more as I tucked my face in his chest. I missed that warmth. I really miss that. (A/n: Oh no, I want to cry ;((( )

I could feel Darnell and Ryan hugging our legs, crying as well.

"I Am So Sorry. I am so sorry,baby. I owe you so much. Lisa. I am really really really sorry." He muttered.

I felt his lips quivering on my shoulder. I touched his back and it gently. 

"I am fine, baby. I am really fine. Don't feel sorry,okay?" I frowned in pain.

"I love you. I love you so much. It hurts. I kept on thinking about your safety while I was inside there. I kept thinking about you and our children. I was worried sick." He pushed my shoulder back alittle and looked into my eyes. He cupped my face and continue to  wept,  "I am really sorry because I couldn't take care of you back then. I've let you suffered alone. Lisa, listen. I really want you to know that I missed you so much and I am really sorry for doing this to you. I'm sorry I couldn't be a perfect husband to you and a responsible father to the kids. I don't know what to say anymore. I'm in so much guilt right now. I know it has been hard on you. I-"

I cut him off by putting my index finger on his lips. He shut his eyes and there were tears rolling, wetting his cheeks. 

"Shh.. Please baby. Don't be. I know it's been hard on you too. I know how hard my husband is going through behind the bars. I can feel it. Here." I said as I brought his palms to my left chest.

"I've already forgiven you my dear. A long time ago. The moment you were caught doing so. I already did. I already gave you another chance. I believe in you. I believe you can change for the better. Remember when I say, don't worry because you have me here. That, will never change, I'm still here, baby. Daniel Chae, I love you so much too. You know that right? Hm?" I wiped off the tears in his face.

"Look at me baby. Yes, I've been through alot. But never did I stop praying for you. I missed you so much but I can't do anything. I can only wait until today. The time has come. I love you, okay. Everyone loves you." I bit my lip and forced out a smile although my lips was trembling really bad.

He kissed me on the cheek and hugged me tightly.

"Thank you, baby. Thank you so much." He cried once more.

Daniel's POV

The moment when I saw three people standing infront of me, I felt like my world has stop. The heart to my beat. They are the love of my lives. I missed them so much. I missed my wife, my kids. I miss their loves.

The moment when Lisa said everything out in my ears, I felt that I am so lucky to have her in my life. But why did I let her suffer. Why am I such a fool?

"Thank you,baby. Thank you so much." I broke down once more as I pecked her on her forehead.

 


 

A/N:

Hello, my amazing readers! How have you all been? I am really sorry for the hiatus. It's not because I was lazy or planning to stop this fic halfway but it was  because I hardly have the time to update cos of school T_____T... SCHOOL IS A BURDEN. LOL

I'm really sorry to keep you guys waiting and I do read your comments. I'm sorry. I hope this chapter will make you happy atleast (due to my absence from my hiatus).. I'm really busy with school I am so sorry. Anyway I've recently started my term 2 in school. Everything is doing great. I love the people there :')

Oh and despite my hiatus here.. I found out and knew something I DIND'T WANT TO. About Daniel Chae. Our baby. I was so upset that I almost coudn't move  on with my life. Like I felt totally miserable when I found out that he is goin to be sentenced for 1 year. 

I-...

So I actually made this particular chapter like how I would do to Daniel if I were to be apart of his family members. Like I would totally do what Lisa have been doing. Like what you've read  above, that's how I felt about Daniel Chae's sentencing. 1 year is going to be very fast. JUST DON'T FORGET to Pray. He will be there to listen andd protect our Daniel.

Chin up, Dalmates. We are in this together. Don't lose hope. Don;t ever stop loving DMTN. Good thing comes to those who wait. I'm sure after that 1 year, Daniel will return with a better image. Trust me, DMTN are going to shine like the STARS.

So lets all not be sad andddd cheer up^_^. We still have Jeesu, Intae,Simon and Donglim! I hope this chapter has been a fruitful one. 

Thank you so much for your endless support for my fic. I intend to finish this fic really really soon. Love you all so much xx.

#StillByUrSideDaniel #StayStrongDanielChae