Chapter 2

Stay by my side.

Daniel's POV

The sun shone brightly the next morning.  I opened my eyes slowly, groaning a little when the light shine right through my eye. My lips curved in when I realised that we didn't even shift our sleeping positions last night except that Lisa only switched her position from back-facing me to facing me.

She was still in her deep slumber land as she hides her face comfortably on my chest. I took this precious time to adore her lovely features and admire them. She look just like an angel who is sleeping right beside me.

I tucked a strand of hair that is covering her face behind her ear and caressed her soft cheeks carefully not wanting to wake up yet and scrutinised her face. I scrunched my eyebrows when I noticed those eyebags below her eyes.

'You must be really tired...' I said to myself.

I leaned myself forward and placed my lips gently onto her forehead.

"Wake up, sweet-heart~" I poked her nose lightly.

She didn't even moved abit when I do but I won't give up.

"Hey babe.. The sun is ahead of us..Wakeyyy.." I poked her cheeks now.

Lisa stirred a little and she slowly open her eyes like a baby who was awake after getting enough rest. Still half-asleep, she blinked her eyes cutely and asked what was the time.

"It is already 08:30AM. Come on, my future wife needs to prepare breakfast for me." 

"erhhhh..it's still early.. Let me sleep for awhile more..." She said as she tucks her face deeper into my chest. 

I find it adorable when she did that. Her long brown messy hair is stranded all over her face now and it's hard for me to search for her eyes. I shifted the  strands of hair that was covering her face aside and planted a kiss on her cheek. 

She cringed a little and giggled.

"You will only wake up when I do that to you right? You want more of that?" I threatened her as I leaned in forward but she backed away and lazily sat up on her knees.

"I'm awake.. You can't do that to me now.." She said playfully, still half-asleep.

"You wanna play with me?" I smirked and pulled her body from the back and dropped her onto the bed again. 

Lisa starts laughing and tried to retreat but I was too strong so I pinned both her hands on the sides of the bed and found myself on top of her. She avoided eye contact and playfully stucks out her tongue. 

"There's a baby in my tummy, please be careful of what you are doing.." She said in the midst of laughing.

I held out a small laugh.

Lisa's POV

I stirred from my sleep and found myself hiding my face in his chest. 

"What time is it now..?" I asked lazily.

"It is already 08:30AM. Come on, my future wife needs to prepare breakfast for me."  Daniel said in a kind of pampered way.

"erhhhh..it's still early.. Let me sleep for awhile more..." I answered as I hid my face deeper into his bare chest.

Slowly, he removed all the strands of hair that was covering my face and in seconds he kissed my cheek. I flinched a little and sat up on my knees. My face becomes warm as I was baffled upon what he did.

"I'm awake.. You can't do that to me now.."

"You wanna play with me?" He teases.

Without waiting for an answer, Daniel immediately pulled me backwards and pinned both my hands using his strong-muscular arms and get on top of me. I tried to pushed him away but he was too firm and powerful.

I couldn't stop laughing when he starts to 'play rough on me'. It somehow looked like he's as if trying to ually abuse me.

He knew about the baby in my tummy that was why he wasn't being too rough on me.

"There's a baby in my tummy, please be careful of what you are doing.." I laughed.

Daniel chuckled and began to loose his grip. 

"If it wasn't because of the baby, I would have continue with my plan.." He leered.

"Aishh.." I hit his arms lightly.

He smiled slyly and help me get up.

"Goodmorning, baby." He leaned in forward and gave me a good quick kiss.

"Morning to you too, handsome." 

"Hurry wash up and we'll make breakfast together." He smiled. "Oh and don't forget to give your mom a call about our plan on getting engaged. I'll inform my mom about it too, ok?" He added while my cheeks.

"Okay, honey.." 


As soon as Daniel left for work, I dialled mom's number and gave her a call.

"Hello, Mom it's me, Lisa."

"Um yea, Lisa? How are you doing? Have you been eating  well?"

"U-huh.. I've been doing all good. Nothing to worry about. And you? Um, I've something to tell you."

"I'm doing all fine here with your dad. Hmm, What about?"

"Mom, I'm planning to get engaged.. with my boyfriend. Daniel. Remember?"

"Daniel..? U- yea.. Of course I do. Erm, with him?"

(scrunching my eyebrows)

"Yea.. What's wrong?.. "

"Erm.. Have you think twice about it?"

"Think twice about it? Um, of course.. We've talk through about this too.."

"Err..Erm.. Hmm.. I don't quite like that guy.."

"Hmm? You mean, Daniel?"

"Hmm.. Why don't you find another guy...?"

"What?! Mom.. What are you talking about? We loved each other. We've been dating for like two years already."

"I know, I know.. Hmm.. Get back to me again soon. I 'll have to go now.."

"So soon..? Mom..?"

With that she ended the call.

My mind went blank and I was confused. I had no idea why she would have said that. Didn't she trust Daniel? Or even her own daughter? I let out a huge sigh and wondered what was happening.

The next thing that happened was, my phone vibrated.

Mdm Chae (Daniel's mommy): Can we meet? Japanese-Food Bistro near Myeondong District @ 9AM.

"Eh..?" I scratched my head that isn't itchy.

I glanced over at the clock and it showed 08:30AM. I widened my eyes and rushed to the bedroom.


As soon as I arrived, I looked for Mdm Chae whom had informed earlier that she'll be sitting at the far end of the cafe. When I saw a glimpse of her, she too caught me looking at her so she waved her hand a bit to make sure I did saw her. I approached her with a calm expression but yet with a friendly smile. Somehow I felt strange today. As if like, something's terrible going to happen to me.

"Aish, get ahold of yourself, Lisa. Daniel mom's not like that." I whispered to myself.

"Good day, Mdm Chae." I bowed politely and waited for her to offer the seat opposite of her.

"Take a seat." She said and smiled slyly.

The smile was somehow rather wasn't sincere.

I exhaled some air and forced out a smile.

"Have a drink. I ordered hot green tea for you. Your favourite." Mdm Chae began.

"Thank you.."

"I'm sure you and Danny have discussed about your engagement..?" She continued.

"Yes.." I nodded slowly.

Mdm Chae took a sip of her hot tea and paused for awhile.

The look in her eyes.. I felt like there must be something wrong..

"Danny have told me about it..." 

"Really..? That's good.. We're-" 

"Do you know why we are here?" She interupted all of a sudden.

"Yes? About Daniel and myself? We've planned ab-" 

"Stay. Away. From. My. Son." 


My second update~ Do tell me about it~ ^_^

Sorry if there's any grammars/Vocabs/ spelling mistakes. I'll fix it soon.

Good day~ -Ell

tumblr_mawn1qMKU31qd62eeo1_500.jpg