Chapter 9

Stay by my side.

Lisa's POV

The next minute I woke up in a new and quiet environment. I opened my eyes weakly and started looking around searching for Daniel. He wasn't there.The nurses had brought me to the normal shared-wards and I was let to rest there. I couldn't move that much as my body felt too fragile. The surroundings was very serene and buttoned up that you could only hear a pin drop. I tilted my head to the right which was near to the door,and there lies a lady which I assumed was around her fifties. There were only the two of us in the ward. I presented a weak smile yet  sincere one to her. She looked kind of alright to me. Like, healthy looking.

"Annyeonghaseyo..." I greeted her politely.

"Annyeonghaseyo,young lady..Just gave birth?" She asked in a friendly tone.

"Dae.."

"Bless you my dear." She smiled. "Is it a girl or a boy,-?" The lady began to adjust her lying posture. "Lisa." "Lisa?"

"Ah,dae, Lisa. It's a girl, ahjumma.."

"I see..I am Mdm Shin. They say, baby girls are like the most precious things in the world and that you have to take care of her like a princess, yea?" She chuckled. "Every human being will grow old one day. Just like me, my body is becoming more weak." She continued.

"Ahh, I know. My dad have been complaining about his body aching recently. Take care of yourself, ahjumma.. You got to be strong." 

Just then, Daniel entered the ward with a plastic in his hand.

"Hey baby, how're you feeling?" He approached me and placed his lips gently on my forehead.

I nodded my head slowly and smiled.

"Ahjumma, this is my husband,Daniel." I introduced Daniel to her as I carefully lifted up my body with the support of my arms. 

Daniel immediately helped me when he saw how I was struggling to do so.

"Honey, this is Mdm Shin."

"Ahhh.. Such a perfect couple.. Your daughter must be really beautiful because the mother and the father have great features." She grinned.

"Oh? ahh.. Annyeonghaseyo, Mdm Shin.Thank you." Daniel greeted the lady and bowed.

"You know her?" He whispered.

"No..? I mean, we just get to know each other here." I smiled.

Daniel nodded his head and glanced over at the lady and bowed his head once again.

"Aishh, you young man. Take care of your wife. Love her till the end of the world, oh? She is your precious diamond."

Daniel laughed at Mdm Shin's response. All he did was replying a 'yes' and nodded his head all the time.

"Ahhhh.. I want to take a walk at the park. It's a lovely weather today. I shall leave the two of you here. See you around." Mdm Shin began to sit up slowly and Daniel immediately rushed to her bed to help her up.

"Thank you, my dear. Bless you and your wife. Oh, and your newborn child." She smiled as she slowly left the ward.

"She's one friendly ahjumma!" Daniel exclaimed as soon as Mdm Kim's silhouette disappeared from the room.

"Mmhm.. Yes she is. She spoke to me the moment I woke up from my sleep.. At least she was there to keep me accompany while you're weren't here." I pouted. "Where did you go?"

"Hey hey, I'm sorry okay? I just went down for awhile to get you some grapes. Knowing that you're still resting, so might as well I go buy some. I'm Sorry, ok?" He apologised blindly not knowing that I was just joking around.

"You're so naive!" I hit his buffed arm slightly. "I was just kidding." I chuckled.

"Even if you're kidding around, I'm really sorry here. I love you so much, baby." He grasped my hands tightly and kissed it softly.

"Love you too, honey." I caressed his cheek gently.  "Now where's our princess? Is she still in her dream land?" I wondered.

"The doctor said they'll bring her here soon. Be patient,babe. You have me here. " He raised an eyebrow.

I rolled my eyes playfully at him and played with his fingers.

"What should we call her? Hey,suggest a name for our dearie." I tickled his palms.

"That's ticklish!" He hold my hand to stop me from doing so. "Ermm.. Korean name? SangRi? English name? Serene?" 

He looked extremely adorable suggesting those names. I almost laughed to myself looking at how serious he was.

"Or DaLi? Da from Daniel and Li from Lisa." He said with a straight face.

"Ahaha, you serious? That's a bit- ahaha " I hit his shoulders and laughed.

"Christina?" 

"That's your sister's name, you idiot!" I laughed even harder. 

While he was busy entertaining me with that stupid lame jokes of his, the doctor came in accompanied by a nurse who was pushing an incubator into the ward.

"Oh dear, my princess is here." I beamed. 

"I might just want to take five minutes because I will need to take your blood test and check your heart rate and then I'll leave the baby to you." The doctor assured.

"Sure.." I replied as my eyes glued onto my lovely angel that was still sleeping.

I could feel my eyes sparkling when I see that pure body lying cutely in the incubator. Daniel immediately got up from his seat and walked towards the incubator and lifted her up and brought it near towards me.

"Oh and do pick a name for her. We'll be back once you've done choosing." He smiled before closing the door.

Daniel carried her so comfortably in his arms and sang her some lullaby. Then,Daniel slowly passes the baby to me.

"Go to mommy, darling. She needs to see your beautiful face."

When the back of her head touches my hand, I swear it felt like heaven. That, I'm really carrying my own baby in my arms. My visions become blurry as I began to teared up. Tears of joy, of course.

"She's beautiful." I spoke in between the tears.

"Just like you.." Daniel replied as he wiped the tears off my face.

I gently kissed her soft fluffy cheeks, to her nose and to her forehead.

"Hi, sweetheart. Welcome to this world. Mommy loves you so much." I whispered into her tiny little ears.

"The daddy too." Daniel whispered into my ears.

"Ahah," I chuckled and sniffed. "Yup, and your dearest daddy too."

"Hurry give her a name!" Daniel nudged my elbow.

"I'll let you choose." I pursed my lip.

"I have one in mind!" He wriggled his eyebrows.

"Don't tell me it's DaLi or something?" I giggled.

"Ahh, aniya."

"Then?"

I swap glances from Daniel to the baby and back to him again.

"Darnell."

I gave him that amazed look and wondered how he would have come up with such a pretty name.

"Darnell?! That's lovely! Darnell it is!" I smiled.

"Darnell sweetheart, come to daddy." Daniel said as he stretched his arms forward eagerly wanting to carry her.

"Pft.." I laughed and passed Darnell to him.

Darnell look just like a perfect angel that was deeply asleep in her daddy's arms.

"I'm sure she enjoys to be in your embrace. That buff arms, felt like pillows you know?" I bit my lip, controlling my laughter. 

"Oh yeah? I know you'd love it too. Especially when we're on bed." He smirked.

"Whaaat?" I blushed.

Daniel laughed his off but then 'shh'-ing her after realising that he would wake Darnell up. [a.n/ omg what's shh-ing?! idk how to describe it!]

"Aish, you! Our princess is sleeping!" I hit his arms lightly.

"Darnell sweetheart, daddy'll tell you a secret. I love you now and mommy is jealous so she is sulking right now cos' I-" he paused and held his laughter. "Cos I now love you more."

I widened my eyes and pouted playfully.

"I'm not jealous." I mouthed and shook my head.

"And-and you know while we're making babies which happened to be you.. We-"

I hit his arms very hard this time around and make him stop blabbering anymore nonsense. Daniel burst out laughing and immediately passed Darnell to me afraid that he might wake her up.

I looked down and scrutinised Darnell's face and played with her little fingers.

"What's wrong with you?" I laughed. "Done with you nonsense, Mr Daniel Chae?" 

He calmed down (but still laughing though) and sat beside me on the bed with his left arm over my shoulder.

"Just kidding, baby. I love you" He kissed my hair.


Long(is it?) chapter update from my hiatus!!!! ^_^ Hope you enjoy this chapter and do continue to support me! Thank you for your endless support! I'll be back probably on Sunday? If I'm not that busy, ok? :)

Pls subcribe/leave a comment yea? :) <3

-Ell

YOU MISS DMTN BABIES? I MISS THEM TOO. :'( 

Large

DANIEL CHAE, BABY. WHERE ARE YOU..?

Tumblr_miwoox0xog1qd62eeo1_500_large