Chapter 13

Stay by my side.

"Mommy, can I have more of the banana milk please?" Darnell cooed as she stretched her arms forward with her Pororo little mug in her hands.

"Mommy's girl sure love banana milk, yea? Sure, honey." I smiled as I poured the banana milk into her mug.

Daniel walked down to the hall buttoning his collar with the not friendly look glued on his face. I watched him as he walked towards the shoe rack looking for his shoes while he was putting on his watch.

"Did he mention to me that he has work today?" I furrowed my eyebrows.

I wiped my hands dry and clean on a clean rag and approached nearer to him.

"Danny? You have work today?" I questioned.

"Hm,yeah. I'm sorry they just called me earlier. I'll be home late today. Don't prepare dinner for me tonight." He replied without looking into my eyes.

"Daddy, daddy have work today? Aww, then Darnell will be bored at home....." Darnell ran towards her daddy and pouted.

"Awwwie, sweetie.. Daddy will be busy today. There's mommy in the house to look after you. I will sing for you a song tonight while you are sleeping, yea?" He carried her up and kissed her forehead and her cheeks before putting her down.

"Take care,baby. I'll see you tonight." He winked and kissed my lips before opening the front door and left the house.

I chuckled at his response but that only remained for a second. Something tells me that there must be something wrong but the other half tells me that everything is just fine. I don't know if I should be following my instincts. I don't know. He acted so weird and different today. We woke up just fine today but after that he didn't show his real self.

Or perhaps he must be mad because he have to turn up for work last minute today?

Then, that should be it.

I kept telling myself to think positive and shrug those negative thoughts off but there is this devil in me that keeps on haunting me saying;

"Your husband is hiding something from you."

"You better find out before something happens."

"You don't want your love story to end just like this..."

"Ugh!" I screamed mentally and shook my head continously to remove that stupid useless thoughts.

Who am I anyway to just accuse him without any evidence?

I looked through the glass window and watched as he drove his car out of the apartment. I heaved a huge sigh.

"Mommy, are you ok?"

"Hm? Yes I am,honey." I presented a smile at her.

"Mommy, you don't look ok... Do you miss daddy already? Awwie mommy, daddy will be back home later..." She pouts a little.

Darnell tugged my shirt asking me to bend down so she could talk to me in a better position without needing to look up which will strain her neck.

I held both of her hands and said, "Of course mommy misses daddy already. But what can I do? He's leaving for work. To support us. I'm fine, you missy little chattybox."

"Mommy, you don't tell lies...." She cupped my face and my cheek gently.

"Sweetie, do I look not okay to you? I am definitely fine, honey. Mommy won't lie to the ones mommy love. Especially you, babygirl." I looked into her eyes.

I realised how much she have grown up this 2 years. She have learnt alot. She's becoming a genius. Especially in dealing with people's feelings.

"Mommy, if you ever were to quarrel with daddy..." She looked down and continued, "please remember that I will always love you... I will love you both no matter what..."

"Aww, why did you say that, Darnell? Of course we won't quarrel. I mean. I hope we won't. Please don't think too much honey. You're too young to know about this." I touched her nose lightly.

"Ok.. So mommy... Please smile..." She placed her fingers at the sides of my lips and stretched it from side to side forcing out a smile from me.

I chuckled at how adorable she was and smiled.

"That's the way, you'll look even more prettier. Goddes." She said it cutely.

"Ahaha, aww, sweetie...." I pulled her in for a hug.

"I love you, mommy...." She whispered into my ears.

"I love you too, baby..." 

"Mommy... Don't call me 'baby'.. Because firstly, I'm no longer a baby... and secondly.. daddy calls you that... You don't want me to be another 'baby' right?" She smirked.

"Aww honey, why can't you be daddy's another baby? You are. He is your father and you are his baby. You get me?"

"Yup, but mommy. No,no,no.. 'Baby' in daddy's dictionary means something else. His 'baby' means his 'wife'.. "

I kissed her ear and hugged her tightly in my embrace. Gosh, this kid knows too much. What did she know? Ahaha, she must be a damn smart kid.

"Sweetie, please... ahahaha.." I laughed again.

I am blessed to have her in my life. She's my happy pill if Daniel wasn't at home. I mean, she can make me smile for the smallest littlest thing. I know every mom would say that. But my love towards her is indescribeable.

I.. I just love her so damn much.


The clock showed that it's already half past twelve. I waited for Daniel in the sofa in the living room with the TV on and some cut-ed fruits to accompany me during that night.

Darnell is deeply asleep in her room and of course it is easier because I am less tired. My eyes start drooping and my body is beginning to slouch forward. I looked over at the clock and sighed.

"Uwahhh.. Should I just sleep here or go to bed...?" I asked myself.

Just then, I heard the door clicking followed by the door knob being twisted. 

"Bingo." I said.

"Heyy.. Baby.. why aren't you asleep?" Daniel said in his y tired voice.

"I was waiting for you.. It's okay. I'm not sleepy though." I lied.

"Umm, come give me a hug baby. I'm really tired and who knows you could give me strength?" He smiled and stretched his arms forward.

"Oh and did you purposely wore this cute y pyjamas to seduce me tonight?" He added as he leaned his head forward.

"Hey, please. I heard someone's tired. No time for that now, please." I looked away,embarrased.

"Ahaha, just a kiss will do. Please,baby?" He pouted.

"Oh my gosh, you're worse than Darnell." I giggled. 

He threw his small suitcase onto the floor and pushed me gently towards the sofa.

"Hey, hey.. what now? You said you just want a kiss?" I laughed.

"But I want more." He winked.

"No, please. No.. Ahaha. Daniel are you even awake? Shut it. You have to go and sing a song for Darnell. Remember?" I bit my lip controlling the laughter in me.

"I am awake, you babo. But, you have succesfully seduced me baby... " He pouted.

"That's bull. So you better get your up in Darnell's room and-"

He smacked his lips onto mine on the spot without allowing me to complete my sentence. I laughed in between the kiss and let him continue devouring the kiss.

He paused the kiss and looked into my eyes, "You love it too right?" 

"Eh?"

He took me to the sofa and lay me down before slowly crawling up on me. His face was only a few inches away from me. He scrutinised my face and place a finger on my face and traced it all the way down to my jawline. 

"You stink! Go and take a shower even please." I laughed.

"Don't try to come up with things just to chase me away. I'm not going anywhere." He stuck out his tongue.

"Get off from me. Move it, I'm going to watch Darnell sleep." I tried to push him away but he was too strong and I ended up laughing.

"You've tried, huh? Tired already?" He smirked.

"No, I'm not tired. Go awaaayyy.." I pushed him with all my might.

I tried to be serious but failed. 

"Come on, baby. You can do it somemore." He pushed me down harder.

"Oww.. Stop it... I'm hurting.."

"Oww, my baby's hurting.." He coo-ed so cutely that I almost died of laughter.

Daniel gently dugs his face onto my chest and laid on top of me(not fully though. Lisa will die of suffocation. I mean, if you know what I mean. Like he literally lie on top of you;)) for a couple of minutes. I let him stayed in that position as I knew he was tired too. I could feel the air he breathed out through his nose. I ruffled his hair and it gently. 

"Are you sleeping..?" I tilted my head in searching for his eyes.

"Nope, not yet..." He said tiredly.

"Not yet..? Then you want to sleep here??!"

"How about yes?" 

"You serious? Hey, you have a mission still undone, you know that?" I played around with his hair.

"Emmm.." He pouted. "Let me rest in your embrace first..."

"Okay..." I replied softly and smiled.

"Ohkay! I'll go and get my mission done now." He said as he tried to get up from his lying position.

I hold on to his shoulder so he could lift his body better but it seems like he is trying to make a joke out of it by purposely forcing down a weight in his body.

"Heyyy...." I snorted.

"Hehe. Mwahh" He bent down and give me a quick kiss on my lips and forehead.

"How many times you wanna do that??" I said playfully.

"As many as possible. You want more?" He replied back playfully and jokingly bent his head forward.

"Aii, No no, no.. " 

Heh.. Wait till we're on our bed later on." Daniel winked.

I stuck out my tongue and adjusted my bra strap that was falling. 

"Need my help?" He asked.

"No, no. I'm fine." I shot a glare at him and rolled my eyes playfully.

"I'm serious though. You looked troubled. Come on, let me help you with it." He immediately turned me around and fixed the bra strap. 

"okay done." He kissed my bare shoulders lightly.

"Thank you, baby boy..." I smiled trying to show my aegyo but it failed.

"Awwie, baby boy??" He wriggled his eyebrows.

"Okay, okay. Enough Mr Daniel Chae.. Your princess is waiting to hear your voice.." I pushed his buffed arms and walked him towards Darnell's room.

"If she's my princess, then what about you?" He winked.

"Hey,stop being so sweet tonight yea?" I laughed.

"My babygirl." He stole a kiss from me before pulling me in to Darnell's room.

I stood at the door watching him as he made his way to her princess's bed. He slowly laid down beside her not wanting to wake her up. Daniel turned and look at me and signalled me to come in. He then asked me to lay on the other side of the bed. Of course using hand languages. He was being too sweet that night even being careful for not wanting to wake his darling up.

"Hey,sweetie.. Daddy's home.. You want to hear me sing right..?" He whispered sofly. 

Of course with the hope that she woudn't wake up.

"Mommy's here too.. We are right beside you honey." He continued.

He took one of her hands and played with her little fingers.

"What song should I sing?" He whispered.

I lifted my shoulders and said, "I don't know. What do you want to sing?"

"Emm.."

In the middle of thinking of what song to sing, Darnell suddenly stirred and woke up.

"Oh ." Daniel cursed silently.

"Heeemmm...." She began to weep.

"Hey, hey sweetie. What's wrong? What's wrong? I'm here, I'm here. Daddy's here honey..." Daniel coaxed her and pull her into his arms.

"Mom..Moomm..Moommmyy..." She said,sobbing.

"I'm here,darling. Mommy's here.." I began to pull her into my arms when I heard her calling me.

"I'm sorry." He mouthed.

He was sorry for waking her up. But none of us woke her up. It was definitely no ones fault.

"No, no. It's okay.." I mouthed to him back.

"Why-why is mommy and daddy here in my-my room?" She asked after realising that we were in her room.

"Daddy's here to sing you a song. Remember? He promised." I explained.

"Come and go back to sleep while daddy sing you a song, ok?" He said as he pull her arms so she could lie properly. 

He pulled the blanket up till her chest and tucked the strands of hair behind her ear. 

"What song do you want me to sing for you?" He messes her bangs.

"I don't know.. What does mommy want?" She looked at me.

"I- I don't know. It's a song daddy wants to sing for you.." I presented a smile.

"Hmmm.. 'Will you be okay' by Beast oppas!" 

"Hey you're too young to know these songs.. You naughty girl.." I pinched her nose lightly.

"That's because I always scroll down your Ipod! Hehe.." She laughed. 

"Aishh you naughty girl.." Daniel pinched her cheeks.

"Okay, By beast it is! E-hem.. Let me clear my voice first."

The both of us kept quiet as watch the man of our life preparing himself.

"E-hem, e-hem.." He cleared his throat and began,

Have you thought through the words you just spit out?
Do you know that you can’t turn things back easily?

I hate that you look sorry and sad
This might be our last time so please smile

Rather than me without you, you without me makes me more worried
Because you’re not good at doing things on your own

Will you be alright? Even if I’m not by your side?
You get lonely so easily so even if you’re alone

Will you be alright? Without a person to argue with
Without a person to joke around and laugh with
If it’s okay with you…

"Okay! Enough.. Daddy's tired.." He expressed as he jokingly pretended to sleep.

"Awwie.. That was nice, daddy. Thank you so muchhh.. I love yo--uwaahh" 

The both of us laughed at her cuteness the moment she yawned.

"Kiss daddy goodnight, darling. Say goodnight to daddy." I instructed her.

"Muaaaaah, daddy.. I love you so much.." She said as her eyes starts to droop slowly.

"Goodnight, sweetie. Sleep tight. I love you too." He kissed her forehead before standing up.

"Muahhh mommy. Goodnight... I love you.." 

"I love you too darling..Sweet dreams.." I kissed her forehead before tugging the two teddy bears on her sides.

"Nighhhttt.." She said.

"Goodnight,baby.." Daniel said as he closed the door.

As soon as he close the door, he rested his head on my shoulder. I was so shocked that I thought he was drunk.

"I want to sleep..." 

"I know, I know.. You looked deaddd tired.. Aww my baby. Poor thing.." I lifted up his face.

"Anyway, that was amazing.." I added on.

"Just for the two of my loveliest people." He replied with a smile. 

"Okay,okay. Come on, baby. It's been a long day.. Go and wash up and we'll go to sleep,ok?"

"We'll have to postpone it to another day then." He wrapped his arms around my waist as we walked to our bedroom.

"Postpone what?" I asked in curiousity.

"Another baby.."

I bit his arms lightly and chuckled at his flirtious response.

"Hmm, ok?" He whispered into my ears and kissed my neck softly giving me the tingling feeling.

"Go and wash up now.." I pushed him to the toilet.

"Not until you said yes. If not you'll have to come in with me." He smirked.

"What's wrong with you today, Danny chae?" I laughed.

"Ok?"

"Ok, okayy.." I rolled my eyes playfully and pushed him in.

"Goodnight. Don't wait for me. Sleep if you're tired." He winked.

"Errp!" I flinched in surprise when he pulled me in for another good kiss before closing the toilet door.


 Halo! Oh my gosh! I'm really sorry for the god damn long hiatus!! Actually I've started my holiday! YAY!!! So I hope i can update more often now!! Yayyy! Anyway, I 'm really sorry for the delay and I lied. Yea I said I'd be back on the next weekend and yea... ended up today. Sorry peepoes!

So how are you all? Doing good? ^_^

Anyway, I hope this was a satisfaction. For the long wait? I hope. 

Do subscribe/ leave comments. It'll be greatly appreaciated.

It's almost midnight here and I'll probably check if theres any errors from this chapter tomorrow.

By the way, I miss Daniel Chae so muchhhh... :( DMTN too. Sigh.. Hope they're fine though. YOu miss them too right? :(( Sigh.

Ah okay, chin up! Hopefully I'll be back soon cos i still have test when school re opens. . I need to study toooo :( 

Err, guess thats all for now. p.s im sorry if my english is so rubbish to you. Err, omg. 

Anw, god bless y'all! Have a great dayyy!

-One Luv-

~Ell <3