Chapter 20 (Final)

Stay by my side.

Lisa's POV

It's 6.30AM. I was woken up by the rain sound. The wind moaned through the trees and the droplets of water dripped on the window's panel making music to my ears. I decided to prepare a special breakfast for my loves. Today, felt a little different than the other days. Of course, when the man is back it felt like your world is complete. I smile to myself as I thank god for making me a much more stronger woman.

I tossed my body to the other side of the bed to check on Daniel but my smile totally disappeared. He wasn't there. The bed beside me was empty. I got up immediately and tie my hair up into a messy bun. 

I wanted to checked on the kids in the other room to make sure they're still sleeping but a very strong fragrant smell downstairs distracted me. It was dark though. Like, what could it be? What could that fragrance be?

I came down the stairs slowly and carefully. Wild thoughts flooded through my mind at the most stupidest part of the time. 

I am that one pathetic coward who is really afraid of ghost. I will become the fastest human being on earth or most probably faster than Usain Bolt and disappear to nowhere when people starts to share their weird tales. My hands turned cold as I felt chills running down my spine.

'Oh come on. It's already 6.30AM. Where on earth will the ghost be hiding?' I thought to myself. 

When I get down on the last step,I paused for a moment as I became aware of my surroundings. I saw petals of red roses beautifully decorated into a phrase on the floor but I it was hard for me read them as it was too dark. I tried to squint my eyes but I failed. I got really curious and I decided to reach out for the main switch at exactly where I was standing without moving my eyes from that roses.

A hand suddenly stop me from doing so and it made me flinched and scream in surprise. The lights was immediately .

"SURPRISE!!!!" 

Right before my eyes, stood the beautiful human beings and I dearly loved. My two kids and definitely, my husband.

Daniel was holding on to a bouquet of flowers on his hand while Darnell and Ryan held a cake with lit candles on their hands.

"Aww,sweetheart. What is all this?" I covered my mouth holding the tears.

"It's your birthday Mommy! 21 December! Come on, blow the candles! It's melting" Darnell beamed in excitement.

A-ha! It was my birthday how could I even forget bout it?? Damn.

I bend down towards the two of them and bit my lip. "Aww, sweeties you remembered my birthday? And why are you up so early?"

"Mommy, this is, is a swurprise we mwade for you. So we wouldn't cware if we have enough sweep or not.." little Ryan tried his best to say it all out.

"It's sleep, honey" Daniel corrected his little junior.

"But, but before that you must make a wish first mommy!" Darnell added.

"Okay.." I shut my eyes tight and smiled

The warmth of the air wrapped around me like a scarf. A sudden shot of excitement shot through my body. I felt so blessed. Really blessed.

I looked up at Daniel with teary eyes and he signalled me to blow off the candles.

"Huuuuph"

"Yayyyy!!! Happy Birthday mommy! Mommy, you are the best heroine I ever had. Please always keep that beautiful smile on your face and never ever give up. I love you." Darnell expresses as she passed me a card on her other hand and planted a kiss on my cheek.

Daniel took the cake and placed it on the table so it'll be easier for the kids to wish me.

I grabbed her petite size body and hugged so tightly, "Thank you,sweetie.  I love you too. You're such a blessing." 

"Mommy, I wurf you, mommy. You are the bwest that I ever hwad. I wurf you to the mwoon and the bwack" Ryan said as he kissed my lips.

"Aww, sweetie pie. I love you so much,pumpkin. Thank you for coming into my life," I said as I kissed his ear.

We cut the cakes and had a mini celebration early in the morning. Who cares if it was early? The most important thing is they're enjoying.

The kids fed themselve with the cake while watching the television and I decided to get a glass of water to drink.

I smiled to myself as I recalled how cute they were surprising these little stuff for me.

"Happy birthday.." A voice whispered into my ears and a pair of hands suddenly wrapped around my waist. I turned around and smiled upon seeing his face.

"Will you allow me to talk to you now?" Daniel kissed my neck.

I wiped off my hands dry and turned to face him, "U-huh.." 

His face cracked to an apologetic grin.

"Thank you, for being the strongest woman in my life. Thank you, for going through all this s with me. Thank you, for being such a wonderful wife and mother to my kids. Thank you, for all the hardwork you've put in through while I was in there.. And lastly, thank you for choosing to stay with me at the worst part of my life.. You're a gift to my life from heaven.." Daniel said in between tears. "You're such an angel to me. Without you, I wouldn't be able to stay strong. Without you, my life will be over." He began tearing up badly.

"You're my heart beat.., you are my world, Lisa.. I am so sorry for bringing you down. I know not once, not twice but many times. but you still stood by me like an innocent angel. You never fail to give me your support ,your love while deep down, I know you're suffering. I know you're hurt.."

Tears streamed down his eyes like waterfall.

I placed my palm on his left cheek and and grabbed his waist.

"Don't cry,baby.. Don't," I looked into his eyes and frowned. Tears filled my eyes as  I gritted my teeth holding back the tears.

"Lisa.. I know I'm such a fail husband.." I shook my head "I'm such a fail dad.."

"No, you're not honey. Don't say that.." I put my index finger on his lip.

He slowly took my index finger and brough it to his chest, "But, will you let me have another chance to be better. To be a better husband. A better father to Darnell and Ryan..?"

"Daniel... all that doesn't matter to me anymore. I have never give up on you,my dear. Not even once. Why would I leave you just because you bring trouble to me? What are husband and wife for? Am I not here to protect you? Why did I marry you in the first place? Why did I agree to become your wife in the first place? Of course, it's the husband that have to protect the family, but what about the wife? Doesn't she too, have to protect her husband? You and me, we're like a needle and  thread. We need each other all the time. That is why I stayed. I loved you from the moment we became boyfriend and girlfriend and I will love you for a thousand more years to come... So don't worry, my hero.. Cos you will always,forever be here.. in my heart.. I promise." I expressed in tears as I brough his hand onto my chest.

Daniel's POV

"Daniel... all that doesn't matter to me anymore. I have never give up on you,my dear. Not even once. Why would I leave you just because you bring trouble to me? What are husband and wife for? Am I not here to protect you? Why did I marry you in the first place? Why did I agree to become your wife in the first place? Of course, it's the husband that have to protect the family, but what about the wife? Doesn't she too, have to protect her husband? You and me, we're like a needle and  thread. We need each other all the time. That is why I stayed. I loved you from the moment we became boyfriend and girlfriend and I will love you for a thousand more years to come... So don't worry, my hero.. Cos you will always,forever be here.. in my heart.. I promise." 

I looked at her saw the sincerity in her eyes.

I pulled her in for a long-yearning hug and kissed her on the forehead.

"I love you so much, Lisa." I whispered.

She responded with a nod and touch the back of my body.

She was what I needed the most from the start. She was my real woman. I was thankful that she stood by me throughout without ever giving up. I am blessed to have such a wonderful family.

I have promised to myself and to my wife that I will be the best dad and husband I can be. I will not let them down ever again.

To my beautiful, strongest woman, 

Lisa Kim, thank you for staying by my side.

I love you.


 

 

Finally! It's done. I'm  sorry if it was short but thats the best I can think of. I hope all of you liked the ending. Though it was abit sad and happy for me ahah. Thank you for choosing to read my fic, i felt so blessed. Thank you for subscribing and commenting. I love you all so much. 

Those comments, sigh I love you all. Thank you for always looking forward to my update although I've not been updating. It's my school holiday now^_^ I can rest weehee..

IF i ever thought of writing a new fic (although I know my English is terrible) but I will definitely let you all know :))

Please let me know about the ending and if theres mistakes in spelling/vocab/grammar please doapologise me yea..

Thank you all!  Really!

Have a pleasant day ahead and MErry Christmas and a blessed early new year!!^_^

Keep on supporting Daniel yea! 

And to Daniel, 

good days are coming. so don't worry.

Happy wonderful birthday little maknae! I love you, always.

-ELL

LOVE YOU ALL MWAH MWAH XOXO.