Chapter 18

Stay by my side.

The next Day.

The house was a little quiet today. Apart from Darnell who have gone for school earlier, Daniel too have left for work.

I was milking Ryan while watching the TV when the phone rings. Luckily this boy is fast asleep so I placed him on the baby's court right  beside me in the living room. 

"Hello?"

"Uh,Hi. Lisa.." The voice on the other line said.

It's a male voice but it doesn't sound like Daniel at all.

"Yes, it's Lisa's speaking. May I know who-"

"Gikwang's here, " He interrupted.

"Gikwang?"

"Can we meet?" His voice was a littlle bit unusual.

The tone wasn't good.

Here's a little background about Gikwang. He was my childhood neighbour. Our family were so closed to his family. We're like siblings. Everytime we would go to school together. Everytime we would be spending our days together to and fro from school. Not until he found out that Daniel and I was an item that he decided to stop all of our activities. 

He expressed his fondness towards me but I told him I only wanted him as a friend and a brother but he wanted more than that. From that day onwards, we never contacted each other.


"He just had his milk earlier, so I guess you know when he'll be hungry again. Thanks Mom. If anything happens just give me a call." I said.

I brought Ryan over to mom's house so that she could babysit her for the day. I told her I need to meet someone urgent and that I have to left Ryan at her house and thank god she agreed.

"Bye." I kissed Ryan's forehead before leaving her house.


I walked into the cafe and hoping to search for Gikwang. However, immediately after I stepped into the Cafe, I saw him sitting at the other corner sipping through his hot coffee.

I walked towards him and smiled. He waved and smiled in return.

"How are you, Lisa?" He begin right after I sat on my chair.

"I'm good. Blessed to have Darnell, Daniel and Ryan now." I expressed.

The smile on his face slowly fade as he looked at me. "Ah, really? That's good to hear."

"You?"

He hesitated before replying. He looked at me and said, "I miss you.."

"I miss you too. Remember those times.." I lied. 

Of course I was pretending to not get the thing there.

"I mean, I really miss you. Not only our memories, but you. I feel like I've lost someone in my life.." He said a solemn face.

"What are you saying, Gikwang?" I faked a laughter.

"More than what you think.. I mean what I've said.." He looked down on his lap.

"B-but, gikwang-ssi. You know I'm married right. I have 2 children now. Please don't disturb my life. W-we can still be friends?" I bit my lip.

"You don't understand how I feel, Lisa." 

"Of course I do. but you have to know that I am someone's wife now. And that period. You can't change that. I already told you I loved you as a friend. As a brother. I got to go." I raised and walked away.

"Don't hesitate to come to me if he ever brings you down!" He shouted as I left the Cafe.

Warm tears streamed down my cheeks. I don't know why. My heart aches. I just wished nothing else could distrupt or destroy our family. I mean, it's one after another. 

'Gikwang.. please just leave me...' I whispered to myself.

My phone vibrated.

I didn't want to pick it up because I have this feeling that it was him. However, when I looked at the number, it was an unknown number.

"Hello, is this Mrs Lisa speaking?"

"Um, yes. Why?"

"I'm here to inform you that your husband, Daniel Chae has been arrested for dealing with drugs."

My heart.

What's happening?

 

 

 

 

 


I immediately made my way to the located police station with tears flooding my eyes. I had to give Simon a call and tell him to fetch Darnell and Ryan instead. He knew this happened and he was willing to help. I didn't want mom and dad to know about this so I lied to them that the both of us have and urgent work-related to attend to.

As soon as i walked into the station, I saw Daniel's head drooping very low. He heard footsteps so he immediately turned around to see me in tears.

"W-what's happening....?" I bit my lip that was quivering.

"I'm sorry... I'm really sorry...." He tried walking towards me but I stopped him.

"Don't come near me......" I shut my eyes and cried in silent.

He hesitated but he braved himself forward and cupped both of my cheeks. He brought my face nearer to his and our forehead touches.

"I've disappoint you again... I know... I'm really sorry..." His voice shook. 

Daniel's eyes turned really red and his voice was awful when he cried.

I touched the back of his hands that was holding on to my face slowly and looked into his eyes. 

"Please remember that you have me here...I'm here, honey. Don't worry.." I frowned in agony.

Easy for me to express those words but only god knows how much I was suffering. How much in pain I was currently.

He closed his eyes painfully after hearing to what I've said and gritted his teeth. 

I could see guilt engulf him. He covered his mouth and  shut his eyes before the police decides to pull him into the bars. I watched him disappeared. The more his silhoutte disappears, the more it hurts.

I made my way to the boys crib effortlessly. My legs stops at the entrance of the lift. I fall onto the ground and broke down into tears. Just then, Inati and Jeesu came from behind and they saw me in that state.

No ones POV

"Lisa? Lisa!" Inati's voice could be heard from behind.

"Lisa?! Are you ok??" Jeesu asked,terrified.

"Jeesu, you go and open up the door, I'll carry her up." Inati instructed.

"Nae,  hyung."

"Bring her some warm water!" Inati said immediately after Jeesu pushed the door open.

Simon who was playing with Darnell was shocked. Donglim too, who was taking care of Ryan who is asleep was surprised too.

"Mommy?!!?" Darnell shouted when she saw her mom's figure being laid down on the couch.

"Sweetie.." Those words are the only thing that came out when she saw Darnell.

Lisa quickly hugs her daughter tightly and cried even harder.

"Mommy, what's wrong? Did daddy do something wrong again..?" Darnell wipes the tears off her mommy's cheek. Her lips starts to tremble too. She saw her mom in that situation and it made her heart aches. She pity her so much. She knew how much her mom have gone through. 

"It's nothing, honey. Go to sleep. I'll bring you home later on.."

Darnell listened to her mother very well and approached Donglim and waited for him to bring her in.

Inati's POV

"Ryan's asleep..?" She asked as she raised from her seat and walked towards little Ryan who is fast asleep on the other couch.

She carried him in her arms and kissed his forehead deeply.

"Mommy's sorry... I wasn't good enough. I left you alone with some guys you didn't know.. I'm sorry, my baby.." She wept once again.

'Gosh... how much this woman here have suffered because of you Daniel...' I thought to myself.

Simon's POV

I approached closer to her and pulled her in my arms. I let her stay in that position because I know a strong woman like her needs that now.

"Stay strong.." I whispered. "You know, we will always be here.." 

Lisa's POV

"Stay strong.... You know, we will always be here.." Simon said as he slowly touches the back of my body.

"I'm sorry to have always troubled you boys. I am really-" I bit my lip, "sorry.." Tears flow down yet again.

"It's nothing, Lisa.. I mean, we are always ready to help you." Said the oldest, Inati.

"At times like this we know you needs comfort the most, so we'll be here.." Jeesu added.

"No matter what happens, we will always be there for you and Daniel. What are friends for..? hm?" Donglim continues.

I forced out a painful yet sincere smile and thanked them for their wonderous deeds.

"I don't know what my life has become seriously. Thanks to you all, I'm a stronger person now. Thanks so much guys..I'll get going now.." MY visions became blurry.

"Please call us immediately if anything happens. Call me straight once you reached home. I need to know if you've reached home safely." Simon assured.

"Don't worry, I'll be fine.."

As you can see, it's always the boys who've been asking me to contact them anytime I needed help but I just refused to do so because it hurts me to trouble other people. But, it's either they found out themselve or some other compamy that told them.

'Was I never good enough for you, Daniel..?' 

I cried silently to sleep.


 

 

 

Gah!!!!!! I'm crying ;___;

I specifically didn't want to remind you all of this but- ergh i just want to show how much I missed Daniel and how much it has affected all of us. I didn't intentionally wrote this to create more hate or anything but I just felt like adding that scene cos it felt real and IT IS real. Idk how to put this into words. Only my tears can... :'(

Anyways, dont get too emotional or affected. Everything happens for a reason. Daniel is fine, DMTN is fine everybody is fine. Let's all hope for a speedy return for this beautiful men..

Don't cry.....

Okay so back to fic, please just take this as a normal fic okay? Read and forget. haha... I mean- erghhh.. my eyes is tearing up... fuuuuu fsdhjgkdsfgjh

I'll be back again with another update. Smile~~ 

-Ell