Challenges

Howls Combined

"So, how good is she?" Kris asked Suho at the living room, I listened from the dining room. "She beated D.O once, he's the fastest in our pack. And she beated Kai in archery, she's pretty good at hunting, too," he said. Kris rolled his eyes.

"You know what? I think you should race her," Suho finally shot out. I gasped and furrowed my eyebrows. "We're normal wolves, we couldn't match to her. A great one versus another great one. That is, White versus White," he continued. I closed my eyes, thinking how I would beat that big White Alpha.

"I don't think so, Suho. I can sense she's scared right now," he refused.  I sighed in relief. "I'm not gonna wait, Kris. You gotta race her, today," Suho forced and left the room. He glared at me for a while and walk inside his room.

Kris came into the dining room and sat down, staring at me. "Eunji-ah?" he spoke out. I turned to him. "Did you overhear our conversation?" he asked. My heartbeat doubled. I knew he could read minds so I spoke in my thoughts.

Yeah, Kris. I'm sorry.

Kris sighed for a while. "I'm sorry, too. I really don't wanna fight you. Not that I'm underestimating you, but you're still too young to fight me," he apologized. I nodded. He moved closer to me and patted my shoulder.

"I can't refuse, though. Suho really wanted to know your skills. I guess we have to," he said. "What? You still agree after all?" I asked him.

"Who said I was? I kinda want to, actually," he replied. I scoffed and stormed out of the dining room.

I lied on my bed, thinking about how I'm gonna beat him. He's an advanced White, moreover, an Alpha. I'm just a newbie White that lost my parents since young.

"Eunji-ah?" Suho called, knocking the door. Why now, Suho? I sighed and opened the door. Before he could open his mouth, I held my index finger in front of him. "I know what you want, Junmyun," I said firmly. He smirked.

"So you're ready, then?"

"As long as I'll ever be. Come on," I said, running downstairs. I saw Kris widening his eyes at me. "You accepted?" he assured me. I nodded, Kris smiled. "Let's go, then."

All of us switched into wolf form and trotted into the forest. We arrived on the river, as usual. But now, we were on the one end of the river.

"Okay, guys. Get ready. As usual, start here, to the tree, round it, back here. But since it's the Whites that are competing, we race in a longer track," Suho told us. Kris and I got into our racing starts. We looked at each other.

"Ready..." Baekhyun started. We faced front and crouched.

"Set..." Tao continued. We rose a little. I furrowed my eyebrows.

"GO!" Lay marked.

We sprinted to the tree. I was a bit slower than Kris, but I managed to catch up to him. He turned to see me for a second. He faced back front. Time for the turn. I slowed, Kris too. We turned at the same time. We sprinted back to the finish. Kris was a foot in front of me. I picked up all my strength and dashed towards the finish. I beated him and won the race.

"Daebak. That.. is what I call impressive," Chen commented me and I saw Kai had his jaw dropped. I panted heavily and lied on the ground. Kris drank a little water from the river, panting. He walked beside me. "You okay?" he asked. I nodded. He stared at me and smiled. He moved closer to my ear.

"I actually kinda slowed my pace for you. You owe me," he whispered. I widened my eyes and smiled at him. So, he was letting me win? "Thanks, Kris ge," I said, sitting up.

"Ahem. So, I think we gotta go back now. I bet Eunji's tired already. D.O and I'll hunt first. We'll be back in an hour or two," Suho told us, they dashed into the forest.

"You mind me to carry you back home?" Kris offered. I furrowed my eyebrows. "Don't, Kris. You're tired from running. Let me carry her," Luhan told him. When the Alpha's tired, Betas always go for action. Kris rolled his eyes at him. I scoffed and stood up.

"I'm fine, guys. Geez," I protested and drank some water from the river. "Come on already. We gotta go back," Xiumin groaned. We nodded and walked back to EXO-M's den.

- - -

Suho and D.O came back from hunting, we had lunch. After that, Suho and Tao led us to an open meadow.

 

"Eunji, the next one is we're gonna see how strong you are and how good you are at fighting," Suho told me. I narrowed my eyes.

"And... I'm gonna fight with Kris again?" I asked concerned. Suho and Tao smirked. "No, not this time. Tao is the best. You'll fight him," he answered. I widened my eyes and gasped. The Omega is better at fighting than the Alpha? Kris shot a glare at me. Guess he read me mind.

Tao and I walked forward, preparing to fight. We circled each other, growling. Tao stopped walking and closed his eyes. I crouched, then I ran and jumped at him, trying to attack. He opened his eyes in a flash and avoided me. I landed safely, fortunately. "Heh. You make it too obvious," he commented.

I turned back to see Tao pouncing at me. I rolled at the ground, avoiding him. He landed and lied down for a while. I trotted to him, trying to surprise him. I was about to pin him down, he suddenly kicked me with his rear legs. I ended up landing on my back, with Tao pinning me. I saw him smirk for a while. I tried to move, but I can't. Tao pinned me on every single leg I have.

"Don't underestimate me, just because I'm an Omega," he whispered. I finally moved my right paw and slapped him, causing him to fall. I turned and pinned him down, baring my teeth and growling. "Same goes for you," I flinched and did a backflip.

Tao sat up and smiled. "I'm impressed," he commented. I scoffed at him and walked back to the pack. "Satisfied?" Kai whispered at Suho, he nodded. All 12 of them huddled and whispered things.

"So what's the result?" Chanyeol asked. Suho sighed. "She is fast, she's strong enough, and she's really smart, too," he answered.

"Yet, there's one more thing we need to know about her..." Suho continued. They all stared at Suho, confused. Suho sighed and smiled.

"...how she howls," he finished. I silently gasped and widened my eyes. How am I supposed to howl? I don't even know how. Oh, please, Kris, don't read my mind!

"I don't know, Suho. I don't think she knows how. She's listening to us now, actually," Kris whispered on the last part. I rolled my eyes on him.

Suho sighed and glared at the White. I saw Kris gasp and widened his eyes. "What!? I can't do that!" he growled. "No choice, hyung. You gotta do it," Suho mumbled. They released and got back to me.

"Guys, what was that?" I asked them firmly. "Nothing. Let's go home," Sehun said rather calmly. I snarled at him, he rolled his eyes. We walked back home.

 


so, what did Suho tell Kris???

You'll find out in a few chapters.

Thanks for subbing and commenting, guys!!!