Their Kind

Howls Combined

Baekhyun's POV:

"AAHHH!!!" I shouted from my nightmare. The others ran to my room. "Baek, what's wrong?"

"Hyung! I dreamt of me and D.O meeting Eunji, and we ended up turning her into one of us!" I told them everything.

"HYUNG!!!!!" D.O. shouted as he ran inside my bedroom. "You had that dream too?"

"Yeah, man! It was so scary!" D.O panted. "Did you see what she changed into?" Chanyeol asked us. D.O and I looked at each other, we shook our heads.

"No, hyung. I left to early before I saw. All I knew that we changed her into one of us," D.O sighed.

"Then, there's a small chance for her to find out what we are," Kai remarked. We all nodded. "Sehun?" Suho called.

"You talk to Eunji. You can comfort her the most. Go this morning, okay?" Suho ordered. "Of course, hyung," he nodded.

"The problem is, when we change her, they'll be a small opportunity for th Timbers to find her, or Kris," Suho told us firmly. We nodded as the rest left my room.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Eunji's POV:

I sat at the library, sitting and reading books about wolves. The dreams I've been having these years... they all have a connection to wolves.

"Annyeonghaseyo," a voice said. I gasped and turned around. "Annyeong."

"Sehun imnida," he introduced as he sat down beside me. "Eunji imnida," I greeted him back.

"What are you reading?" he asked me. I gasped, closed the book, and hid it below the desk. "N-Nothing."

"Come on, I saw you," he forcd me. I sighed. "Wolves," I answered. He chuckled. "Why? You're interested in them?"

"N-No. Not that. Something else," I shook my head. "Tell me. I can keep a secret," he pouted. I sighed.

"I don't know. When I was 10, I lost my parents because of a wolf attack. I never really cared about them, though. They left me almost every night in my life for no reason," I started. He nodded, signing me to go on.

"Well, when I turned 16, I started to have these strange nightmares. And I have this pain in my left neck. Every dream had a wolf in it, so, I just thought to find out about them," I finished. Sehun furrowed his eyebrows. "So, what's your last nightmare?"

"I dreamt of being bitten by a grey wolf, then I transformed into a wolf," I told him. I didn't really tell him it was Baekhyun and D.O. He'll be freaking out then.

"Oh. It's okay, though. It's just a dream, anyway," he calmed me, shaking my shoulder. I smiled at him. "Thanks, Sehun-ssi," I thanked him as I left the library.

That night, I opened my laptop and surfed the internet. I googled 'pain that occurs every night on the neck'. An article set my eyes widening.

'White Wolf'

I clicked it and started reading all the way down.

'The White Wolf is the most powerful species of wolves in the world. They were the fastest, the strongest, and the smartest compared to the others.'

I remembered the dream when the white wolf tossed the other wolf to the meadow, and how he outran them. I shook my head and continued.

'People that turn into a White Wolf is caused by a mark caused by a wolf's bite.'

A memory flashed through my eyes. When the grey wolf bit me, I transformed into a white wolf. I scrolled down to see the picture of the mark. It was a black dragon on the left side of a wolf's neck.

 

'Some people were born by parents who gave birth to them in human form. They need to get marked by a wolf then they could start switching forms. White Wolves which were born by parents in their wolf form can start switching forms when they age 2 months.'

I gasped, thinking how my parents should be White Wolves and how they were giving birth to me in human form.

'The ones who were born human will receive a pain in the left side of the neck, signaling that he/she will be marked soon.'

I scrolled down to the next paragraph.

'However, there is a society named Timber Wolves. They are a pack of black wolves whose mission is to change people into wolves, and to kill all White Wolves.'

I widened my eyes. It all made sense now! Why my parents were killed by a pack of black wolves, why Kai and EXO-K were acting weird around me, why I heard songs instead of howls.

But.. I'm still confused. I am a White Wolf? How come my parents didn't tell me?