Scent of the First Sight

Howls Combined

italic = thoughts


 

Eunji's POV:

"AAHHH!!!!!!!!!" I shrieked as I got up from my nightmare. I felt a sting of pain in my left neck, as it usually does in the night. I rubbed my neeck and groaned.

Man, that nightmare all over again. I've been having it for 2 years. Still the same one all over again. Who were those wolves?

I closed my eyes for a while. I sighed and returned back to sleep. I tried to ignore the pain. 10 minutes later, I drifted off.

The next day was Tuesday on August, in the middle of the semester. I got up from my bed and felt the pain was gone. I sighed and got ready for uni. I took care of myself for the past 6 years. My parents died in a wolf attack, when they were on vacation.

I got out and locked the front door. I walked to the bus stop and waited for the school bus. I saw a guy, walking towards me. He was a feet taller than me, with the same uniform. I guess he's from my uni. Just then, he closed his eyes and pulled his left sleeve. I saw a strange black mark on his wrist.

I furrowed my eyebrows. That's weird. I saw him inhale the air, opened his eyes and gasped. He awkwardly started to stare at me. I avoided his eye contact. I picked up my blouse's collar and sniffed it. Only smelt like my other clothes.

The bus arrived. We got on and he sat on the very back row of the seats. I rolled my eyes and sat on the middle row.

5 minutes later, we arrived. I got out of the bus and ran to my best friend, Im Yoona. "Yoona-ssi!" I called her. She turned around and I hugged her.

"Whoa, Eunji-ah! What's the rush?" she joked. We laughed and I stared at the guy earlier. He went to his group, that is, 5 other boys.

"Uh, Yoona, who are they?" I pointed to them. She sighed and rolled her eyes. "They're EXO-K. They're pretty weird in the uni here. Their leader's Suho. And there's Chanyeol, Baekhyun, D.O, Sehun, and Kai," she explained. I widened my eyes when she pointed to Kai.

Wait. Kai? That's the name of that rude guy in the bus stop?

I looked down at my feet. "Oh. I just haven't met them, that's all," I mumbled. "Come on, girl! We gotta get to class!" she dragged me into class.

 

Kai's POV:

I saw the new girl named Eunji waiting on the bus stop. I stood beside her and closed my eyes. I was feeling a bit uncomfortable so I pulled up my left sleeve. I inhaled the air, searching for scents of deers to hunt later.

A familiar scent blew into my nostrils. I gasped, opened my eyes and stared at Eunji, she avoided my eye contact.

No. It can't be. A... A White? No way. The last one's Kris hyung, right?

I shook my head and faced forward.

We arrived at the uni, I ran to the rest. "Hyung, hyung!" I called them. They turned and glared at me.

"I think I smelt something familiar." I told them everything that happened at the bus stop. They widened their eyes, shock.

"No freaking way, Jongin. The only White in this world is--" Suho was about to lecture me. "Kris hyung, I know. But I swore she smelt exactly the same way he did!" I fired at the Alpha.

"A-And... s-she k-kinda saw my m-mark," I stuttered, whispering on the last word. "WHAT!?!" Baekhyun roared at me.

"Yah, it's not that bad! She saw just a bit of it!" I snarled at him.

"Calm your farm, guys. I think we should find out more about her. She's going to bio class now," Sehun said firmly. Omegas... always go for the peace in the pack.

Suho nodded. "Chanyeol and Jongin could try," he ordered. I sighed. "Fine, come on," I dragged Chanyeol into the class. "Yah, stop pulling me!" Chanyeol flinched.

In the class, she sat at the very front row of desks, while Chanyeol and I sat at the middle. She sat in the front of the air conditioner, so her scent blew straight into our noses.

"Damn, she does freaking smell like one," Chanyeol commented. "Told you so. Why would your Beta lie to you?" I teased.

"Shut up. She's staring at you," Chanyeol hissed. I looked down at my desk.

Great. This is gonna be a long day observing her.


next chapter?? I'll try to update today, if I can. Otherwise, I'll update in a few days.

Bye!