5-4

Prince class

It only felt like fifteen minutes passed when Woohyun stirred awake, squinting as the sunshine burned his eyes. He sat up in his sleeping bag and rubbed his eyes, when the tent flap opened and Sunggyu crawled back in.

“Ah, you’re up.”

“Where were you?” Woohyun blinked.

“I was washing my face and stuff.” Sunggyu explained, and held up a small toiletries bag.

Woohyun nodded, quietly studying Sunggyu as the older of the two rifled around in his bag. He wondered about Sunggyu’s rather irresponsible actions last night. A part of Woohyun liked to think that Sunggyu trusted him enough to let go and relax and let him handle everything. He didn’t know whether it was true or not, but he would like to believe it was. He smiled at that and crawled out of his sleeping bag and latched onto Sunggyu’s back.

“Huh?” Sunggyu craned his neck. “What’re you doing?”

“Nothing~” Woohyun hummed, resting his cheek on Sunggyu’s shoulder blade. “Just saying good morning.”

“Sorry about last night.” Sunggyu mumbled and turned, causing Woohyun to remove his arms. “I seriously just drank a little.”

“Maybe you were tired.” Woohyun grinned. “You get drunk easily when you’re tired.”

“Yeah, maybe.” Sunggyu tilted his head. “So what happened anyways? All I remember was falling in the dirt and Dongwoo yelling. Was he yelling at me?”

“Uh yeah…” Woohyun rubbed the back of his neck, sighing. “Well nothing much else…ah, except that you’re a ert.”

“What…?” Sunggyu chuckled, and then suddenly got serious. “Wait, what’d I do?”

“Hm…well~” Woohyun shrugged, wearing an amused look.

“What’s that supposed to mean?” Sunggyu frowned. “Tell me what happened!”

“I don’t know~” Woohyun chuckled, and swayed back and forth with a stupid smile on his face.

“Yah, Nam Woohyun.” Sunggyu hissed. “You better tell me right now or else!”

“Well…it might have something to do with…” Woohyun smirked and leaned in, his breath tickling Sunggyu’s ear. “—.”

“Yours or mine?” Sunggyu asked quickly.

Woohyun leaned back and snorted. “Are you serious? You were drunk! You think I would take advantage of you?”

“Ah, so what’d I do? Grab your or something?” Sunggyu nodded rather casually. “Well if that’s all—.”

“What do you mean if that’s all?” Woohyun frowned. “You…you were relentless! You just kept—!”

“What?” Sunggyu tilted his head with an amused look. “You hated it?”

Woohyun narrowed his eyes, trying to gauge what Sunggyu’s expression meant exactly. “No, but….”

“Then what’s the problem?” Sunggyu leaned forward, one hand absently resting on Woohyun’s knee.

“I…” Woohyun stared straight into his eyes, his voice in a low tremor. “I never said there was a problem with it.”

Suddenly Sunggyu cleared his throat and looked away. “W-Well we better get going then—.”

“What?” Woohyun frowned. ‘Why can’t we just—.”

“We have to check on Dongwoo.” Sunggyu sighed. “We’re here for work, remember?”

Woohyun was disappointed but Sunggyu was right. Plus, he really was worried about Dongwoo after last night’s incident.

“He really got wasted last night…I hope he’s not too torn up about it.” Woohyun sighed. “I should apologize again, shouldn’t I? Maybe if tell him about how Cecile really is, he won’t be so upset….hey are you even listening to me?” He noticed Sunggyu looking to the side with a forlorn expression and a slight pout.

“Huh?” Sunggyu blinked. “W-What?”

“What’re you thinking about?” Woohyun frowned. “I’m trying to think of things to do for Dongwoo—.”

“It’s just…” Sunggyu bit his lip. “Never mind. It’s stupid.”

“What is it? Tell me.” Woohyun crossed his legs.

“I-It’s not about work, so it doesn’t matter.” Sunggyu stammered and headed for the tent’s entrance flap. Woohyun grabbed onto his arm to stop him, and Sunggyu immediately turned, his lips colliding with Woohyun’s.

Woohyun gasped slightly, obviously taken aback, but soon enough had a hand on either side of Sunggyu’s face, kissing him back just as aggressively. He moved his hands lower to clutch onto Sunggyu’s shirt collar, pulling him closer, and opening his mouth to deepen the kiss.

“We…” Sunggyu breathed between kisses, as he found himself grabbing Woohyun’s wrists and pushing him down on his back. “We shouldn’t be doing this right now...” But despite his words, his hands were already wandering under Woohyun’s t-shirt, and his lips were on Woohyun’s neck.

“Then,” Woohyun looked up at him with a smirk. “You should stop, shouldn’t you?”

“Ugh,” Sunggyu practically growled. “Stop making it so damn difficult then…” Woohyun chuckled softly, before Sunggyu’s mouth was on his again.

“There’s been an emergency—.”

Sunggyu and Woohyun immediately separated in an embarrassed flurry upon seeing none other than yellow clothed servant, Bill peeking his head in their tent with that same blasé look on his face as if he barged in on people making out on a daily basis.

“C-Couldn’t you knock?!” Woohyun stammered.

Bill shot him a dry look. “It’s a tent…”

Sunggyu sighed, adjusting himself. “Y-You said there was an emergency?”

“Yes…Prince Dongwoo is missing.”

“What? Missing?” Woohyun gasped.

“Yes, it means no one can find him.” Bill retorted bluntly.

“I know what it means.” Woohyun frowned.

“So where is he?”

“Huh?” Sunggyu blinked. “How should we know?”

“You’re not hiding him in here?” Bill shifted his eyes around their tent suspiciously.

“Why would we be hiding him?” Woohyun folded his arms. He was starting to get concerned. He was sure he had safely tucked Dongwoo in his sleeping bag last night. He feared Dongwoo was still upset about the whole thing with Cecile, and may have possibly run away.

“Because…” Bill gestured for them to follow him out of the tent. “Of these.” Once they stepped out of the tent, they could see a trail leading to their tent, of what looked like dragged footprints in the dirt.

Woohyun remembered that they were indeed the marks left behind by Sunggyu’s shoes when he dragged him into their tent last night.

“Oh.” He laughed. “Actually those are—.”

“And I’m pretty sure the body he was dragging wasn’t moving! I think it was a dead person!” They heard a servant crying to the king and queen, who both looked positively wrought with fear and stress.

“So you’re saying there was a murder at the camp last night and that this dirt trail was caused by the killer dragging his victim through the dirt?!” The King exclaimed.

“Yeobo, he just said that.” The Queen rolled her eyes. “What was the point of repeating it?”

“I-I just can’t believe it!” The King cried, turning to the servant and grabbing his frail shoulders. “Tell me boy, did you see who it was?”

“N-No your majesty.” The feeble servant looked down. “It was too dark and—!”

Woohyun really wanted to speak up about what the dirt trail was really from, but he didn’t know how since things appeared to be getting very complicated.

Suddenly Bill pulled on Woohyun and Sunggyu’s arms and dragged them towards the king and queen.

“I’ve retrieved the criminals your highness.”

“What?” Sunggyu blinked. “Criminals?”

“Sunggyu-sshi, would you mind telling us where our son is?” The Queen folded her arms, biting her lip, anxiously.

“Excuse me?” Sunggyu frowned. “I’m sorry your majesty, but we don’t know either.”

“Then what about the dirt trail leading to your tent?!” The King exclaimed.

Sunggyu furrowed his brow. “I don’t—.”

“A-Actually…” Woohyun piped up, causing everyone to turn to him. “That was me…”

“So you’re the murderer?!” The King gasped, turning to the guards. “Men, get him—!”

“Wait no! I didn’t murder anyone!” Woohyun panicked. “I have no idea where Prince Dongwoo is! I’m telling the truth! The dirt trail was from me dragging Sunggyu-sshi back to our tent last night.”

“Why would you be dragging Sunggyu-sshi back to his tent?” The Queen eyed him curiously.

“Uh…” Woohyun and Sunggyu exchanged a glance. It obviously wasn’t good to admit Sunggyu was drinking on the job. “He hurt himself so I was helping him back, but it was dark a-and—.”

“Sunggyu-sshi,” The Queen turned to Sunggyu. “Is what he’s saying true?”

“Huh?” Sunggyu turned to her in an alarmed state. “Oh…uh yes! Yes, he’s right. I hurt myself….while I was using the bathroom last night and Woohyun-sshi was just helping me back to our tent.” He lied.

“Hm…” The Queen pursed her lips. “Ok, I believe you. But where’s my son then—?”

“Hey guys, what’s all the commotion about?” Dongwoo strolled up to them, seemingly out of nowhere.

“Shut up son, we’re too busy trying to figure out where you are!” The King hissed, and then gasped, turning to Dongwoo. “Son! You’re ok!” He grabbed the confused prince into a hug, as the servants cheered.

“What?” Dongwoo smiled obliviously. “Yeah? I just went for a walk. Ah, and I found a fruit tree, though I’m not sure if these are edible.” He held up a small basket after his father released him.

“I’m so glad you’re ok honey.” The Queen hugged her son, before turning to Woohyun and Sunggyu. “I apologize for blaming you two.”

“No, its ok.” Sunggyu bowed slightly while Woohyun nervously eyed Dongwoo, who simply smiled at him in return.

Woohyun was more than a little confused. Why was Dongwoo smiling at him? Did he forget about what happened last night? He was about to approach him on the topic, but Dongwoo’s parents dragged him towards their tent to make sure he was perfectly ok.

Sunggyu breathed a sigh of relief and turned to Woohyun.

“That was close.” He smiled slightly. “And Dongwoo seems to be doing better.”

“Yeah.” Woohyun nodded.

Suddenly they heard a loud screech and Cecile appeared running out of her tent. Apparently she had just woken up, with her hair a frayed mess, and her face still covered in the now-dried horse poop that she had fallen face-first in last night.

“WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED TO MY FACE?!” She screamed.

“Omo!” Her mother, The Daisy Queen ran up to her daughter, staring worriedly at her. “What happened dear?”

“I don’t know! That’s why I asked mom!” Cecile huffed, pushing her mother away and storming towards Woohyun, who was trying really hard to hide an amused smirk. She stopped right in front of him, glaring daggers at him. “It was you.” She muttered darkly.

“Hm? What do you mean?” Woohyun shrugged, feigning innocence.

“You did this to me!” She glared.

“Sorry your highness, but I have no idea—.”

“Fine.” She snorted. “You want to play dirty? Well I can too.” And then she turned to her mother and father in a fit of tears.

“Cecile! What happened?” The Daisy King immediately gasped, as his daughter ran into his arms.

“Appa, i-it’s…” Cecile managed between fake sobs. “That man!” She pointed in Woohyun’s direction. “H-He came in my tent last night!”

“He…what?!” The Daisy King roared.

“I tried to tell him to stop appa!” Cecile cried dramatically.

“You wretched little…!” The Daisy King stormed towards Woohyun. “I’ll kill you—!”

“W-Wait a second!” Sunggyu held his hands up, moving slightly in front of Woohyun, who nervously clutched onto his arm.

“Get out of my way kid! You’re protecting a disgusting thing that attacked my daughter!”

“Let’s just all calm down for a second.” Sunggyu spoke calmly, though he was clearly also taken off guard by everything. “Your majesty, I don’t think this—.”

“You think my daughter is lying?!” The King glared angrily, while behind him Cecile was fake sobbing into her mother’s arms.

“I-I didn’t say that…” Sunggyu bit his lip, nervously. “But, I’m also saying that I’m positive that Woohyun wouldn’t do something like that.”

“And why should I believe you and not my own daughter?!”

“Because…” Sunggyu glanced behind him at Woohyun, who nervously met his gaze. “He was with me…we’re sharing a tent, so I would’ve known if he left.”

“You could have been sleeping.” The Daisy Queen eyed him skeptically.

“No, I…couldn’t.” Sunggyu lied, averting his eyes. “Because…uh, I had c-constipation!”

“But…didn’t you say before, that Woohyun-sshi helped you back to your tent, which is what caused the dirt trail?” Bill piped up.

“Shut up Bill!” Woohyun hissed under his breath.

“Uh…y-yeah!” Sunggyu winced. He hated lying like this. “I…had constipation, and then…well it eventually went away, if you catch my drift.”

Everyone made a face after that and didn’t ask any more questions.

“M-Maybe you were mistaken dear.” The Queen turned to her daughter, while taking a handkerchief out and dabbing Cecile’s face with it. “Oh dear, this dirt is quite crusted on. Maybe you should go wash it off and cool your head, hm?”

“But mom!” Cecile cried out dramatically.

“I’ll go get you a new set of clothes.” The Daisy queen hummed, before hooking arms with her husband, who was still glaring suspiciously at Woohyun. “C’mon dear.” After the Daisy Queen and King left, Cecile walked right up to Woohyun, practically fuming.

“This isn’t over.” She threatened.

“Oh, and that isn’t dirt.” Woohyun pointed to her face, and leaned in with a smirk. “Its horse .”

Cecile gasped, before throwing her hands up in frustration and stomping off.

Meanwhile Sunggyu was still stressed out about all the lying he had to do in such a short time, as well as the fact that probably everyone in the entire camp now thought he had serious bathroom issues.

“I’m never drinking again.” He muttered.

Woohyun turned to him with a soft smile. “But thanks for helping me out there.”

“Yeah whatever.” Sunggyu sighed. “But what’s your problem with Cecile anyways? I mean I know she’s sort of rude and bratty, but—.”

“Because she wants you!” Woohyun stared at him, in awe that he couldn’t understand such an obvious thing. “I thought you knew that already hyung!”

“I know that, but what does that have to do with you?” Sunggyu sighed, and then averted his gaze, coughing lightly. “I-I mean…you and I are already…”

“We’re…what?” Woohyun blinked dumbly.

“Y-You already know!” Sunggyu suddenly got embarrassed and slapped Woohyun’s arm before scampering away.

“No I don’t!” Woohyun laughed and chased after him. “Tell me what you mean hyung~”

*

“So…” Woohyun had his legs crossed over his sleeping bag, as he rocked back and forth uncomfortably. He exchanged a confused, slightly worried glance with Sunggyu, before they both refocused their attention on the sunflower prince, who was currently sitting in front of them with a rare serious expression.

“Dongwoo, are you ok?” Sunggyu asked gently.

Suddenly Dongwoo looked up, and pursed his lips. “You know I thought it over…”

“Uh…” Sunggyu tilted his head, turning to Woohyun. “You mean about last night?”

“Yeah.” Dongwoo nodded.

“I’m really sorry about that.” Woohyun blurted out. “I-I was drunk that time and really vulnerable and I know that’s not an excuse, but—.”

“Relax.” Dongwoo grinned, reaching out and patting Woohyun’s knee. “It’s ok.”

Woohyun and Sunggyu were silent for a good moment.

“It is?” Sunggyu was the one who spoke first, with a look of disbelief on his face. “In what way is it ok?! This sleazebag slept with the girl you like and he’s not even sorry!”

“Sleazebag?” Woohyun frowned at that. “And hey I am sorry! Who’s side are you on anyways hyung?”

“I’m on the side of truth and justice.” Sunggyu merely replied in a business like manner and folded his arms.

“What?” Woohyun pouted. “What about my side? You’re supposed to be on my side!”

“Why should I be on your side when you hop from one person’s bed to the next like a bunny on crack?” Sunggyu snorted.

Woohyun gasped, thoroughly offended, and put a hand to his chest. Then suddenly his hurt expression, turned to one of amusement.

“Oh I get it~” Woohyun smirked.

“What?” Sunggyu still faced the other direction.

“You’re jealous!” Woohyun was practically giggling with joy. “I can’t believe you’re still jealous about that!”

“What?” Sunggyu narrowed his eyes in annoyance. “The hell are you going on about?”

“You’re jealous~” Woohyun started getting more annoying than usual and poked Sunggyu repeatedly. “Jelly Gyu~”

“Yah, cut it out!” Sunggyu attempted to push the younger’s hand away. “Stop touching me!”

Dongwoo merely sighed, wondering if they even remembered he was there.

“Ah sorry!” Woohyun suddenly realized they were ignoring poor Dongwoo, and settled his hands obediently on his lap. “You were saying something?”

Dongwoo smiled gently. “Well…what you said last night, I mean I guess I really shouldn’t have been that shocked.” He rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly. “Cecile…during this whole trip I’ve noticed it….she’s not the person she was before, when we were kids. The girl I fell in love with, I don’t think she’s that person anymore.”

Sunggyu and Woohyun nodded, but kept quiet, allowing the prince to continue.

“So, in a way I want to thank you Woohyun.”

Woohyun blinked. “Thank…me?”

“Yeah.” Dongwoo smiled. “Because you really made me face the hard truth, that maybe I didn’t want to admit to. And I think I’m glad it happened. I mean yeah I’m sad, but it would have been worse if I went out with her and we ended up not working because I didn’t realize who she is now.”

“Wow.” Woohyun stared at him in amazement. “You…you’re such a good person.”

“What?” Dongwoo grinned. “Not really.”

“It’s good to be positive like that.” Sunggyu nodded approvingly. “It’s an important and treasured quality to have as a future ruler.” Then he smiled at Dongwoo like a proud teacher. “I’m not worried about the future of the Sunflower Kingdom at all.”

“Wow really?” Dongwoo bounced happily. “Does that mean I don’t have to come to class anymore?!”

“Well, I wouldn’t go that far.” Sunggyu frowned.

“Aw~”

“Ah, but don’t you want to have some kind of revenge?” Woohyun asked, rubbing his hands together mischievously.

“Revenge?” Dongwoo asked.

“Yeah! On Cecile for breaking your heart and—.”

“Yah.” Sunggyu smacked Woohyun over the head. “If he should get revenge on anyone, it should be you dummy.”

“Oh...right.” Woohyun smiled sheepishly.

“But what would that accomplish?” Dongwoo smiled. “I mean I’m ok, and Cecille’s ok, so lets all just be happy.”

“You…” Woohyun sighed. “Why are you such a great guy? I can’t keep up…you’re like a saint or something.”

Dongwoo just laughed at that. “Ah, besides now I’m y, free, single and ready to mingle~”

Sunggyu had the blandest expression. “Don’t ever say that again please.”

“Yeah!” Woohyun cheered, slinging an arm around Dongwoo’s shoulder. “I can even take you to this one club I know. There’s a ton of hot…” He trailed off, feeling Sunggyu’s stiff glare shooting lasers through his skin. “I-I mean…you should probably find a date on your own. Because I have no idea where to find hot singles. I mean why would I? I certainly have no interest in such things.”

“You’re stretching the leash rather thin Nam Woohyun.” Sunggyu warned.

“That’s not fair though. I mean its not like you’re totally innocent either.” Woohyun frowned. “Like you check girls out all the time! And what about the channel women?!”

Sunggyu gasped. “How’d you know about that?”

“N-Not the point.” Woohyun coughed, unwilling to bring up his stalker past. “But the point is you’re just as bad as me!”

“No I’m not! My things are all innocent.” Sunggyu proclaimed, pointing a finger at the younger. “I never actually go places where there’s real people to hook up with!”

“I haven’t been to those place in a long time.” Woohyun explained. “And besides I don’t always go there to meet people. It’s sometimes to just have fun with friends—.”

“Oh really? Then maybe you should have told Cecile that.”

“I knew you were jealous!”

“No I wasn’t!”

“Yes you were!”

“Ah, so you guys are dating.” Dongwoo nodded, successfully shutting both his teachers up.

“W-What?” Sunggyu gasped. “No we’re not!”

“You’re a bad liar Ssaem.” Dongwoo chuckled.

“H-He’s not lying.” Woohyun shook his head. “He’s telling the truth!”

“Ok, whatever you say~” Dongwoo winked, shooting them both finger guns before crawling out of the tent.

“Yah, w-we’re really not!” Sunggyu called after him, but all they heard was the sound of Dongwoo’s laughter on his way out.

----

And Dongwoo's one-sided love finally ends...so now he can move on to someone better