4-5

Prince class

Dongwoo cheerfully skipped down the brightly lit halls of the Sunflower Kingdom. It was a nice warm spring morning, and he was definitely looking forward to today, because one of his favorite people in the whole world was coming to visit.

He strolled outside along the lush green grass towards the grand patio area that was decorated with shimmering white slate.

“Morning mother, morning father, morning noona.” He greeted as he sat down at the white wooden rectangular table.

The Royal family of the Sunflower Kingdom, much like their namesake flower, enjoyed spending their time outdoors amongst the bright sunshine.

“Princess Cecile will be joining us when we go for tomorrow’s camping trip.” The King spoke lightly as he took a sip of his morning coffee.

“Looks like someone’s excited about it.” Dongwoo’s noona teased.

Dongwoo grinned. “Is it that obvious? I mean I haven’t seen her in almost a year!”

“Dongwoo-yah,” The Queen frowned. “But just remember, she’ll be different in the time you were away from each other.”

“I know Cecile!” Dongwoo defended, a determined look upon his face. “She and I…we made a promise, the last time we met.”

The Queen smiled softly. “Ok, honey. But just keep in mind what I’ve said.”

*

“I-I should go.” Sunggyu murmured, and was already turning to leave, when Woohyun grabbed his arm.

“Hyung…” Sunggyu met the younger man’s intent eyes. “Don’t leave me again.”

Sunggyu bit his lip, and nodded anxiously. “Ok.” He hesitantly followed behind Woohyun into Myungsoo’s room.

The smile on Boohyun’s face instantly faded when he laid eyes on Sunggyu.

“You…”

“Boohyun…” Sunggyu nodded awkwardly. “It’s been a while.”

Boohyun didn’t say anything and turned to Woohyun. “So this is why you insisted on this job.”

Woohyun handed Namu to Myungsoo before turning to his brother.

“I think…we need to talk.”

“Talk?” Boohyun furrowed his brows. “Talk about what? How this,” He pointed at Sunggyu. “This ert—.”

“Excuse us Myungsoo.” Woohyun had a serious look in his eyes, and his hand was still clutching onto Sunggyu’s arm.

*

Sunggyu was practically being pulled out of the palace by Woohyun, who refused to loosen his grip on the older man's arm.

Sunggyu nervously glanced behind him to see Boohyun following behind with a seething glare. He gulped and faced forward again.

“W-Woohyun, you can let go of me.”

“No…” Woohyun murmured, keeping his eyes ahead of him. “I can’t…”

“I’m not going to leave.” Sunggyu assured him. “I won’t run away, I promise.”

Woohyun hesitated for a moment, before weakening his grip.

“You really won’t?”

“I won’t.”

Woohyun let his arm go, and gave him a sheepish look. “I’m sorry, I just…” He averted his gaze, laughing awkwardly. “Got scared…”

Sunggyu put his hands on Woohyun’s shoulders, causing the younger to look up.

“I won’t run away again, ok? I’m not going anywhere.”

Woohyun met his gaze, and he could see that Sunggyu was completely determined. He smiled nervously and nodded.

Suddenly Boohyun grabbed Sunggyu by the shoulder and punched him squarely across the jaw, sending himr to the ground.

“What the hell hyung?!” Woohyun gasped, before kneeling down beside Sunggyu. “Are you ok?”

“I think…” Sunggyu nodded slowly, touching his lip, and seeing blood there.

“No you’re not! You’re bleeding.” Woohyun frowned, and stood up, facing his brother. "Boohyun hyung what was that for?”

“After all this time, you’re still going after this guy Woohyun?” Boohyun shot him a disappointed look. “What the hell’s wrong with you?”

“What the hell’s wrong with me? You’re the one who lied about everything!” Woohyun retorted. “Why did you make up that about Gyu hyung using me?”

“You don’t know anything!” Boohyun yelled. “You don’t know that guy!” He pointed at Sunggyu, who was still sitting on the ground. “How he is with girls…he’ll be on a date with one, and looking up the skirt of another!”

“You’re insane!” Woohyun shook his head.

“I’ve seen it with my own eyes!” Boohyun growled. “He’s a player! He’s going to hurt you Woohyun! Why can’t you see I’m just trying to look out for you?!”

“You think I don’t know that?!” Woohyun shouted. “I already know he’s a ert!”

Sunggyu pouted. “Yah!”

“And he’s lazy, and he won’t pick up after himself, and sometimes he drinks too much—!”

“Ok, I think he gets it!” Sunggyu interrupted, with an irritated look.

“But I don’t care.” Woohyun stated. “I don’t care about any of that…because Gyu hyung is still Gyu hyung.”

Sunggyu’s expression softened, as he stared up at Woohyun in amazement.

“Woohyun, don’t be stupid.” Boohyun frowned. “You can find someone better than him. A cute girl, or I mean if you really want. I can help you find—.”

“Hyung, just tell me this one thing.” Woohyun folded his arms, obviously ignoring his brother’s offers. “Did you ever have feelings for Gyu hyung?” Sunggyu looked up in shock, while Boohyun almost choked on air.

“W-What?” Boohyun laughed, rather uncomfortably, and a little too loudly. “A-Are you insane?!”

“Isn’t that why you were so against me seeing him? I mean you never cared about the people I dated before.” Woohyun explained, rather calmly. “And that’s why you lied to me. Saying Gyu hyung liked you…when all this time, you were the one who—.”

“Where the hell did you get that crazy idea from?” Boohyun shook his head, his eyes wide.

“You haven’t denied it yet, though.” Woohyun shrugged.

Sunggyu hesitantly stood up, gripping Woohyun’s arm. “Woohyun, I don’t think—.”

“Why…” Boohyun’s eyes were downcast, and his shoulders slumping. He looked defeated. “Why would you even think that?”

“I’m right…aren’t I?” Woohyun stared at him knowingly.

“How could you do this Woohyun?” Boohyun met his brother’s gaze, and it almost looked like there were tears forming in his eyes. “I…I’m your brother. He’s…” He pointed at Sunggyu. “Who is he anyways? Who gives a about him! You already had me! Why did you have to go and get that…that replacement?!”

“…Huh?” Woohyun blinked.

“See! I told you!” Sunggyu gasped, pointing a finger at Boohyun. “Brother complex!”

“I didn’t care about the cute girls you dated before…that was all fine and good. But why did you have to start liking this…this guy?” Boohyun angrily jabbed a finger at Sunggyu. “I mean he’s the same age as me, and we’re even the same height and are in the same job field!”

“Uh…so?” Woohyun was extremely confused at this point, since he seriously believed Boohyun had the hots for Sunggyu.

“So, he’s just like me!”

“So?”

“So why did you choose him over me?!”

“What?” Woohyun frowned. “Uh, hyung…you’re my brother and I love you. But the way I love Gyu hyung…well it’s in a different way. You get that right—?”

“Isn’t your hyung better looking than that guy Woohyunnie?” Boohyun pouted.

“Uh…”

“I told you.” Sunggyu snorted, sending Woohyun a smug look. “I told you someone had a brother complex in this family. I knew it. I called that from the beginning.”

“Will you just shut up for a second?” Woohyun sent Sunggyu an annoyed glare, before facing his brother again. “Ok, let me get this straight…you were jealous of Sunggyu hyung?”

“I don’t want to share you with some old fart!” Boohyun grabbed onto Woohyun protectively, wrapping his arms around the younger man’s neck.

“O-Old fart?!” Sunggyu frowned. “Yah, we’re the same age!”

“Hyung y-you’re choking me!” Woohyun attempted to escape his brother’s death grip.

“I’m never letting you go, if you’re just going to run into the arms of that old geezer!” Boohyun cried out dramatically.

“Once again, we’re the same damn age!”

“C-Can’t breathe…” Woohyun’s breathing started to get more labored.

Sunggyu immediately noticed it, and hurriedly pulled Boohyun’s arms off of Woohyun.

“Are you ok?” He put a comforting hand on Woohyun’s shoulder.

“Yeah.” Woohyun breathed. “I’m fine.”

Sunggyu sighed in relief. “Good. Do you need some water or something?”

“I’m fine.” Woohyun grinned. “Really, you don’t have to be so worried about me all the time.”

Sunggyu smiled. “I can’t help it.”

Boohyun frowned, looking from Sunggyu to Woohyun.

“What just happened?” He asked.

“It’s nothing.” Woohyun waved him off.

“You still haven’t told him?” Sunggyu blinked.

“I…haven’t told anyone.” Woohyun admitted. “Except you.”

“Haven’t told anyone what?” Boohyun pouted. “Tell me too! I want to know Woohyun-ah!”

“But how come you were ok before when I hugged you?” Sunggyu asked, blatantly ignoring the angered older Nam brother.

“Yah! What were you doing putting your hands on him?!” Boohyun’s complaint fell on deaf ears, however.

“Th-That’s because you’re always gentle with me.” Woohyun rubbed the back of his neck, cheeks flushing slightly. “And it doesn’t feel suffocating when you do it.”

“O-Oh.” Sunggyu nodded, cheeks slightly pink as well.

“W-What’s with this atmosphere? Why are you acting like a couple of sugar encrusted school girls in love?!” Boohyun roared.

“Sorry I don’t have sugar, I only have chocolate chip.” Myungsoo, had Namu in one hand, and was handing Boohyun a cookie with the other.

“Where’d you come from?!” Boohyun gasped.

“You said sugar cookies right?” Myungsoo blinked, ignoring the question.

“No!” Boohyun sighed. “I said—oh forget it!” Then he looked around, only to realize Sunggyu and Woohyun weren’t there anymore.

*

“Yah, where’re we going?” Sunggyu smiled as Woohyun pulled him along, at a jogging—almost skipping through the flower field type of a pace.

“I don’t know!” Woohyun laughed. “I just wanted to get away from my stupid brother!”

“Well can we stop now?” Sunggyu asked.

“No! Let’s race!” Woohyun decided and started running, though he didn’t let go of Sunggyu’s hand.

“Yah! Not so fast!”

They made it all the way back to the parking lot, and Sunggyu collapsed against his car, panting.

“You…really got to work out more hyung.” Woohyun joked, though he was also slightly out of breath, resting his palms on his knees.

“Says the guy who’s equally out of breath.” Sunggyu retorted with an amused grin.

“I guess Hoya was right when he said we’re old.” Woohyun joked.

“What’re you talking about? I’m still young and vibrant!” Sunggyu claimed.

“Ok.” Woohyun laughed. “Sure.”

“So what now?” Sunggyu breathed.

“What do you mean?” Woohyun blinked.

“Do you…want to come over to my place and work on the progress reports together?” Sunggyu asked, somewhat awkwardly.

“…O-Ok.” Woohyun nodded.

He was kind of mentally kicking himself for stuttering and getting nervous, but so many things happened, and at the same time it had been a long time since they were together like this.

Or together alone for that matter.

---

The situation with Boohyun is resolved...or is it? Its not. 

Dongwoo's story will be starting soon~