1-1

Prince class

Clip...clack…clip…clack…

Sunggyu sighed, and adjusted his thick rimmed glasses on the bridge of his nose, as he followed a thirty-something female secretary down the long grand hall of the Garden kingdom.

 He had been called by several royal families from different kingdoms to this meeting, so he assumed it would be about a high profile job. He had worked with royalty on many occasions, and some new young rulers, that have recently taken reign over their kingdoms, were a product of Sunggyu’s work. You could say he was quite valuable amongst the royals.

Clip...clack…clip…clack…

Sunggyu stopped in his steps, causing the female secretary to stop as well.

“Is there something wrong Sunggyu-sshi?” She asked.

“It’s just…your shoes.”

“What about them?” The secretary looked down at the pointy platform pumps she was sporting.

“No…never mind.” Sunggyu sighed. He wanted to tell her that the sound her shoes made when she walked was very annoying and was disturbing his train of thought. But alas, he didn’t want to appear rude; after all, he was building a reputation and a business.

The secretary stopped at the end of the hall, at a huge set of wooden doors, decorated ornately with vines and flowered plants.

“Here we are.” She announced and pulled open the door. Sunggyu nodded curtly before stepping inside and nervously tugging at the end of his ed grey cardigan.

The meeting room was far grander than the hall with high vaulted ceilings and windows from wall to wall. There were potted plants sprinkled all around, and a huge table made to look like a tree trunk sat in the middle of the room.

“Welcome Sunggyu-sshi.” A man with swept back graying hair, ushered him in. “We’ve been expecting you. Come, sit.”

Sunggyu bowed respectfully, and took a seat at the enormous table. He glanced from side to side, only to realize they were all staring at him. He quickly stood up and bowed again, figuring he should introduce himself.

“My name is Kim Sunggyu, and I’m—.”

“We know who you are sweetie.” A lady, wearing a black turtle neck, who looked to be in about her mid forties smiled, “its ok, just sit.

“Ah…yes.” Sunggyu nodded, and sat back down.

“So I’m sure you know the reason we called you here today.” The man with graying hair grinned.

“For a job?” Sunggyu guessed.

“That’s right.” Another lady with short black hair and a kind smile nodded. “I’m sure you know who we all are.”

“Ah, of course.” Sunggyu nodded, scanning all the faces around the table. From left to right, they were all either Kings or Queens of their respective kingdoms. Sure Sunggyu had worked with royalty before, but he’d never been around this many people in such high positions.

“Well, we heard you’re the best at handling unruly kids.” A man in a green button up shirt commented. “That you can turn them into top king material.”

“That is my job.” Sunggyu answered, with a small smile. “But…all of you? All of your kids?”

“Yes, well that’s why we all got together like this.” The man with the graying hair announced. “We thought you could put together some kind of class, for all our kids.”

“Oh…” Sunggyu bit his lip. “Well, I usually just work with one kid at a time—.”

“But we all need help with our kids. And they’re all around the same age, so we figured it would be ok.” The lady in black smiled, though it seemed a little forceful this time.

“Uh…well…”

“So, you’ll do it won’t you?” The man in green smiled eagerly. They were all looking at Sunggyu with expectant eyes, that clearly held secret threats of being deported and such if he refused.

Obviously Sunggyu couldn’t say no.

*

So the next morning, Sunggyu walked down the cobble stone path towards the Garden palace, juggling a stack of files and papers in one hand and a thermos of coffee in the other. He paused in his steps however, when he felt a pair of eyes watching him. He swiveled around only to see no one there at all. He glanced around suspiciously, but all he saw were stretches of grass, and some decorative topiary bushes in different animal shapes. There was a giraffe, an elephant, a dog, and then a bunny.

Sunggyu grinned slightly as he walked up to the bunny topiary that was about his height.

“This is pretty cute.” He said out loud, and then heard a hushed gasp. “What was that?” He eyed the bunny shaped bush nervously. “Who’s there? Show yourself.”

“T-There’s no one here!” Someone said from behind the bush in a falsetto voice.

“Oh ok then.” Sunggyu said out loud, though he was rolling his eyes. Whoever was behind the bush must be really stupid, he figured. He sneakily inched closer, but accidentally stepped on a dry leaf which made a loud crunching noise.

“D-Don’t come!” The voice from behind the bunny shrieked.

Sunggyu paused for a moment feeling like he had heard the voice somewhere before, but soon dismissed the thought.

“Listen whoever you are.” Sunggyu sighed. “I don’t know you, but stop following me. It’s creepy and illegal. So…don’t do it anymore.” Sunggyu finished, feeling awkward that he was talking to someone he couldn’t even see the face of. “Ah, I don’t have time for this…I’m going to be late.” He muttered and stomped off towards the castle.

The owner of the voice peered out from behind the topiary and watched Sunggyu hurry off.

“I’ll never stop following you…until I get my revenge...”

*

Sunggyu hurried into the palace library, where he was to hold his lessons. The library continued with those high ceilings and had the same general wood and tree theme as the rest of the palace. He settled at the head of a long rectangular table where there were several students already sitting. He adjusted the chalkboard that was on wheels behind him, before setting his papers and coffee down on the table.

“Ok, is this all of you?” He asked.

“No, there’s one person missing!” One of the students, a cheerful looking guy with a bright smile answered.

“Oh…well does anyone know where he is?” Sunggyu asked, as he shuffled through his papers. “What’s his name?”

“How would we know?” A dark haired student piped up, in a dry tone.

“Fine, I’ll just let you all introduce yourselves.” Sunggyu sighed, and studied the role sheet for a moment. “Ok, first…Jang Dongwoo.”

“Ooh that’s me!” The boy with the bright smile raised his hand.

 “It says here you’re from the Sunflower Kingdom.” Sunggyu noted, but then paused for a moment. “Wait, but this says…graduated university with excellent grades, has never committed a crime, is a good son—why are you even here?” He looked up. “You don’t seem to need my help.”

“Ah well my mom said, that I’m too nice.” Dongwoo explained. “She wanted me to be in this class, so I could become a tougher person. Because she said a King can’t be a softy!”

“Oh…” Sunggyu frowned slightly. “Well, ok. Let’s move on…Lee Sungyeol.”

“That’s me!” A tall kid with dark bangs his long arm in the air.

“Ok, Lee Sungyeol….from the Lotus Kingdom.” Sunggyu read on. “Has horrible table manners and etiquette. Cannot present speeches about important matters and has stage fright.” Sungyeol looked down sheepishly. “Well that’s fine.” Sunggyu assured him. “We can work on that here.” Sungyeol looked up with a tint of hope in his eyes and nodded.

“Ok next…Lee Sungjong.”

“Here.” A cute boy with light brown bangs raised his hand.

“From the Orchid Kingdom…uh…” He paused as he read over Sungjong’s information.

For the reason as to why he was there, it merely stated: He may or may not have blown up an entire kingdom.

Sunggyu cleared his throat, and nervously eyed Sungjong, who was busy doodling something.

He doesn’t seem dangerous…” Sunggyu thought. “A-Anyways…next, Lee Howon.”

“Here.” A guy with short spiky dark hair answered. “And I like to go by Hoya.”

“Ok, Lee Howon...er Hoya.” Sunggyu continued. “From the Violet Kingdom. Undermining authority figures, and doesn’t have any tact.”

“That’s me.” Hoya shrugged.

“Well…since that’s all of you, the last person on here is obviously the one who isn’t here.” Sunggyu scribbled some things down on his attendance sheet, before looking up again. “So let’s start class. First my rules.”

“Rules?” Sungyeol groaned and smashed his face into the desk.

“Yes rules.” Sunggyu continued, unperturbed. “Rule number one: No speaking, when I’m speaking. Only listening.” No one said anything, so Sunggyu continued. “Rule number two: Don’t fall in love with the teacher…” He paused and eyed the group of princes. “Well I guess that won’t really be a problem here. And lastly: Absolutely no disrespect. And I don’t just mean towards me. Towards each other as well. We’re all here to learn and improve, so no putting each other down ok?”

“But what if someone does something really dumb?” Hoya piped up.

“No.”

“But what if—?”

“I said no!” Sunggyu hissed. “Now shut up and listen!”

“Sunsaeng-nim….that’s not very respectful.” Sungjong frowned.

“Fine…I’m sorry.” Sunggyu sighed, and ran a hand through his hair, already getting sick and tired of this group environment. He was used to handling two at most, but four was too many, and there was still another one apparently. He sunk down into his chair and groaned.

“Sunsaeng-nim…should we be taking notes?” Dongwoo suddenly asked.

“Taking notes on what? I haven’t said anything yet.” Sunggyu rolled his eyes. “Ok, well I guess we should just get into it. Hm…but I don’t really want to began anything because then the missing student will be lost when he comes in tomorrow…does no one know him at all?”

Everyone exchanged clueless glances. Sunggyu sighed and sat down on the edge of the table, thinking of how to continue, when his cell phone started ringing.

“Tsk tsk, Ssaem’s using his phone in class.” Hoya shook his head.

Sunggyu shot him a glare before clicking the answer button and putting the phone to his ear.

“Hello?”

“This is the spokesperson from the Rose Kingdom.” A man’s voice spoke, monotonously.

“Ah!” Sunggyu glanced at his role sheet. The missing student was from the Rose Kingdom so he assumed the call was about that. “The prince has his first lesson today—.”

“We know…”

“Oh, did something happen?”

“Well…he’s not anywhere to be found.”

“What?” Sunggyu blinked. “What do you mean he’s—?”

“Oh never mind. We found him. He’s just in his room.”

Sunggyu was starting to get a little concerned about the Rose Kingdom, and wondered how competent their staff was. “Uh well could you send him over—?”

“Well the thing is…he’s refusing to leave his room.”

“What?”

“Yeah, he locked the door and won’t let anyone come in.”

“…Is this a normal thing or—?”

“I hate to admit it but it kind of is.” The man sighed. “Our prince is a bit of a troublemaker.”

Sunggyu sighed and glanced at the rest of the students who were busy chattering amongst themselves. “I’ll be there soon.”

“E-Excuse me?” The man sounded surprised.

“You said he won’t come out of his room right?” Sunggyu piped up, and then hung up without another word.

“What happened?” Sungyeol asked as the other princes looked up at their teacher with anticipating eyes.

“Well class,” Sunggyu sighed. “It looks like we’re going for a little field trip.”

----

35+ subscribers? I-I don't understand...but thank you <3<3

Just an intro chapter~ :D