...New Life.

The Love I Never Lost [Hiatus]

SHINee - Life

Eun Kyung's P.O.V

"Eun Kyung?"

I stood there, still frozen. Until he spoke again and nudged my arm.

"Are you... Eun Kyung?"

His voice. It sounded oddly familiar but I couldn't put my finger on it. And then it hit me. I turned around slowly, eyes wide open. And my jaw dropped.

"...Taemin?" I asked, still not believing my sight. Damn, where the hell did his girly image go? He now had light brown hair, full lips, healthy skin and a smile that could kill anyone, man or woman. His face lit up and nodded excitedly while smiling from ear to ear. Suddenly, he pulled me into his arms for a really tight hug. I swear I could hear my bones breaking.

"Taemin.." I said, breathless and barely audible. He broke the hug while I tried to catch my breathe.

"I missed you, Eun Kyung-ah. I haven't seen you in the past five years..." He pouted cutely. I figured he hasn't found out yet.

"Where are your parents? They're not here? Where are they?" I gulped at his rain of questions, my mouth suddenly turned dry and I couldn't find words to answer him. They're farther than you think, Taemin.

"They're okay." My voice broke a little but he didn't notice. I looked down at my feet.

"So you're here alone?" I nodded, my head still hung low. He got down to my height level.

"Wae Geurae?" He asked, lifting my head up. I was glad he couldn't meet my eyes through the glasses.

"It's nothing." He pouted again, unconvienced.

"Arasso..." He said to drop the topic. He knew that I didn't have the best communication with my Appa. But that wasn't the case here.

"Let's go~" He tried to hold my luggage but I took it away from him. He looked at me and I raised an eyebrow.

"And who said I was going with you?" Now it was his turn to raise his eyebrow.

"Says the one who doesn't even know her way to her own house in Seoul." Damn it, he won. I sighed in frustration, knowing I had no choice. He smiled again and yanked the luggage away from me, walking towards his car. I trailed behind him, looking around what seemed familiar yet new to me. I was so distracted by my surroundings that I didn't notice Taemin had already stopped walking. I was still on my train of thoughts until I heard Taemin's voice screaming my name.

"EUN KYUNG!!!!" I shook my head, returning to reality and turned around, trying to spot Taemin. When I did, I saw him gesturing for me to come over. I ran up to him.

"Yah, why are you thinking so much?" He asked, opening the car's door for me. I only stuck out my tongue at him as I got in the car.

 

 

"You've gotten so quiet... and less girly." Taemin said while driving, breaking the silence between us.

"Well... People change." I said simply and looked at him.

"Look at you. You used to look a girl and now that you lost all that baby fat, you look more manly."

"As the matter of fact, I was always manly." He said pouting.

"Not with that pouting habit." I said, laughing through my nose. I was kind of wondering something so I went ahead and asked.

"Why were you at the airport?"

"I was dropping off Appa." He said and I just answered with a simple "Oh.."

 

 

"Okay seriously, tell me. Why are you being like this? Where's the talkative, reckless Eun Kyung I knew? I mean, you give off a different vibe, and not a good one."

Well. That hurt. I blinked a few times, still trying to absorb what he just said. Even so, I really appreciated his honesty. He noticed how silent I got and sighed, thinking about his words over.

"What I meant was... Did something happen during those five years back at the States that caused you to be like this?" You have no idea Taemin... I thought. But I answered truthfully... Sort of.

"Yes... But it was nothing big so don't worry Taemin." I hate lying to people, but I didn't have the courage to tell him. Atleast not yet. He sighed, focusing back to driving.

 

 

"What about you?" He asked after a while.

"What about me?" I said, confused.

"What are you doing in Seoul? And most importantly, alone?" I sighed.

 

"I'll be living here from now on."