Another Chance.

The Love I Never Lost [Hiatus]

SNSD - Best Friend

Author's P.O.V

Taemin stared at you, eyes widened. You had told him every detail of what happened in the past few years. You were hugging your legs and your head was against your knees. Taemin felt disappointed, he couldn't be there to go through all of this with you and also the fact that no one informed him about this.

"How... How come nobody told me this..?" His voice was filled with sadness. You kept feeling guilty for not telling him sooner.

"I..." Your voice was still broken.

"I'm sorry.." It costed you to say those words and you hugged your legs tighter. Taemin stood up and you felt scared that he would leave you. Silence took over the whole room. You kept suffocating in each millisecond.

"Taemin, I-" You were cut off by Taemin's sudden hug.

"Eun Kyung-ah... I feel terribly sorry I couldn't be there for you. But from now on, I'll never leave you." Your heart kind of softened at his words.

"I'll always be by your side. Arasso?" You nodded while he broke the hug and pat your head. You stretched yourself a little and then you felt embarrassed when your stomach growled loudly. Taemin chuckled.

"Let's get something to eat, nae?"

 

 

 

You skipped school the next day. Little did you know, Kai was drowning in guilt. He wanted to make things right and apologize. He was a mess. No one has ever seen him like that. The guilt was eating him alive and the fact that you didn't come that day to school wasn't helping him. EXO, especially Suho, was worrying about you alot. You left a big impression on them and they started to like you.

You spent the day with Taemin, trying to distract yourself. The day had come to an end quickly and it was already bed time.

I have to face hell tomorrow. You thought as you drifted off to sleep.

 

 

Eun Kyung's P.O.V

I groaned as I was standing behind Seoul High's gates and I sighed before walking again. I head over to the lockers' area and took my necessary books. As I was walking, someone blocked my way. I looked up to meet the principal's worried eyes.

"Annyeonghaseyo, principal." I bowed.

"Oh nae, Eun Kyung." He gave me a sad, fatherly smile before throwing thousands of questions at me.

"Are you okay? I heard you fainted a few days ago. What happened? Did you not eat? Have you been eating? What did you-"

"I'm fine. Don't worry. I'm alright now." I assured him with a smile. He glared at me with a raised eyebrow and the bell rang.

"You better be..." He smiled and pat my shoulder.

"Go to class, kiddo." He ruffled my already-messed hair and walked away while I pouted, trying to fix my hair.

"Well. Don't you look cute when you pout." Suho's voice startled me. I scoffed and glared at him.

"Aren't you being a flirt." I said walking and he followed.

"Ani. I'm being honest." I rolled my eyes and shook my head.

"Are you alright now?"

"Naeeeeee." I answered, almost groaning.

"I'm serious." He said in all seriousness and I sighed.

"I'm fine. I don't get why you're worrying anyway.."

"Because-" The second bell rang. I ran to my indicated classroom, leaving Suho, almost like the first time I met him.

 

 

 

"I'm sorry, seonsaengnim." I apologized for being late to class.

"Arasso. This is your second time being late. Third time and you're in trouble."

"Nae, seonsaengnim." I walked over to my seat. I sat down and moved my head side to side, looking for Krystal. I frowned when I didn't see her anywhere. I sighed and paid attention to class.

 

 

 

"Are you okay?"

"Gwaenchanayo?"

"Are you still sick?"

"Have you been eating?"

"Are you-"

"STOP." I was bombarded with questions from EXO. There was someone missing though. Kai.

"I'm fine, guys." I got through them and walked into the cafeteria. I went over to the food area but then I remembered I left my wallet at my dorm. I backed off to walk to my dorm but someone stopped me.

"Oh no you're not." Suho said, leading me back to the line.

"But-"

"No buts. You're eating now."

"But I forgot my wallet..." I mumbled silently.

"It's on me, don't worry."

"Not like I have choice now." I said, pointing at his hand holding my arm. He chuckled and let go of it. Suho ordered my food, paid for it and carried it while walking to EXO's table. All EXO looked at me with worried eyes. Why can't they stop worrying about me? They should have better things to do.

"Stop staring." I said bluntly, shoving a big amout of bibimbap into my mouth. So good.

"Such hostility." Kris said to Luhan in Mandarin.

"Says the face." I replied in Mandarin and he glared at me before he stuck out his tongue. I like how EXO never took my blunt comments seriously. It made me rethink about something I haven't had in a long time. Friendship. I was about to take another huge bite of bibimbap until Sehun stopped me.

"Let me feed you, dongsaeng~" Sehun sang and I glared at him as a don't-even-think-about-it. He pouted and I smiled a little as I ate. I caught a glimpse of Krystal sitting alone and I unconsciously stood up. I'll be right back. I whispered to Suho and he nodded. I walked up to Krystal and sat with her. She noticed my presence but didn't bother to speak and kept eating.

"Krystal." She kept silent.

"Krystal~" I sang, which I rarely do. She still didn't speak.

"...Krystal.." Silence filled the table and I sighed. I gave up and stood up.

"Pabo." She said to me. I sat down again and looked at her.

"Waeyo?" I asked. She stood silent for some seconds and spoke again.

"Do you have any idea... of how worried I was?" She sounded like she was at the verge of crying and I felt a pang of guilt.

"Why would you worry about me..?"

"Why else? I care about you.." She mumbled. I still don't get why.

"Wae?"

"Does there have to be a reason?"

"Yes." I blurted out.

"Because... You feel like a friend to me." She said.

"I never said I was your friend." I said without thinking twice. I didn't mean it like that. The guilt grew bigger as I saw her silent and looking down at her food.

"But I guess..." Her head shot up and she stared at me with her eyes widened.

"...I'll be your friend." I looked at her and her face could break by how big her smile was.

"Cheongmal?!" I nodded slowly, getting scared she would literally explode. After I said I could be her friend, I felt suddenly happy for some reason. I went quickly over to EXO's table to take my food and walk back to Krystal. I still don't know why so many people care about me.

I just know I gave friendship another chance.