Trust.

The Love I Never Lost [Hiatus]

Christina Perri - The Lonely

Author's P.O.V

The rest of the day passed by quickly. You found out you had P.E. with Krystal, which made you feel relieved, strangely. She is also in History and English but since you didn't pay much attention to your surroundings this morning, you didn't notice. The guy who helped you find your classroom, Suho, was in your last class: Culinary Arts. To your dismay, Jiyeon was in your P.E. and Science class, clinging onto some guy 24/7. Not to mention, you had atleast one of Jiyeon's minions in each class. You sighed, walking around as you explored the school. As you did, you found the school's main theater. You opened its door and you were instantly amazed by its capacity and its beautiful sight. You paced around the theater and a piano by the right corner of the theater's stage caught your attention. Your fingers started to itch, urging to play. You shrugged and walked out of the theater. You took a last look of it before closing the door. You started to walk around again until someone bumped into you, making you fall on your .

"Omo! Mianhaeyo!" You cringed at the word sorry. The person stretched out his/her hand and you ignored it, standing up and brushing off the dust on your skirt. You looked at the person.

"Excuse me... Have you seen my sister?" You examined her features, which were quite familiar, even though her hair was dyed blonde. She looked like she was in a hurry. You were about to ask her who her sister was but her phone rang. She bowed and excused herself, answering her phone. You saw some stairs and you walked towards them, heading upstairs. You found out it led you to a rooftop. You saw someone looking at who-knows-what by the railing. As you approached the person, you saw it was Krystal. You tapped her shoulder and she turned around as she smiled when she saw you.

"Oh, Eun Kyung." You somehow felt relieved she actually cared to remember your name. Such a strange feeling. You thought. You remembered the person whom you bumped with earlier.

"Krystal-"

"Nae?" She said too quickly.

"...Do you have a sister?" She nodded, confused.

"And does she have blonde hair?" Her eyes widened.

"YOU SAW HER?! When?! Where?! How-" You cut her off.

"Damn woman, chill and calm down. I saw her by the theater." She laughed and nodded.

"Gomawo, Eun Kyung." She said as she headed downstairs. You decided to admire the view for a while. Not like I have anything else to do... You thought as you watched the breath-taking sunset. It always calmed and relaxed you.

"Ahh. So your name is Eun Kyung." A familiar voice was heard. You turned around and saw Suho leaning against a brick wall. You raised an eyebrow at him.

"By any chance, were you stalking Krystal?" You asked.

"Ani, I was watching you from afar." You glared at him.

"You sound like a e." He chuckled.

"I was joking. I like to read here, see?" He said as he waved a book in his hand. You nodded and gazed back at the sunset. Hints of darkness were already spotted in the sky.

"Want me to show you around?" You looked at him.

"At this hour?"

"It's only 6:04pm." You stared blankly at him. You have told yourself that you wouldn't be so close to people other than Taemin, but them being nice to you wasn't helping. You weren't even expecting they would be nice at all.

"Sure."

 

 

You were walking around with Suho as he scorted you and fortunately, this time, you were listening. He suddenly said that he'd be right back. You heard some music not too far away and decided to follow it. The music sounded clearer in each step you took. The song led you to a dance room occupied by some who could dance amazingly great. And there it is again.

Your heart skipped a beat again.

What is wrong with me? You thought as you hit your head twice. You went back to watching the moving figure as you were slowly immersing in his dancing. His moves were smooth yet strong, slow yet marked.

"He's good, right?" You looked at Suho who was standing by your side, handing you a hot chocolate.

"Who?" You asked, wanting to facepalm yourself for the oh-so-obvious question.

"Him. Kai." He said. You wondered if he was the guy from this morning.

"He's the one you faced this morning." How did he read my mind? You thought.

"Instinct." He said smiling and looked over at Kai, who was throwing a tantrum. You too saw Kai's action and you tilted your head in confusion.

"You hurt his pride too much, Eun Kyung." Suho said, amused.

"Serves him right for being so damn cocky." You said as you walked away.

 

 

You sat on the grass with Suho. You two were silent but it wasn't awkward at all. It was calming. The long-gone sunset turned into a pitch black sky but with the stars' help, they iluminated the sky. Suho started to speak.

"I can't help but feel different aura from you." You looked at him.

"I've been told."

"Aren't you lonely?"

"...Been there."

"Shouldn't you try to make friends?"

"Done with that." Silence took over.

 

 

"But in the end... Isn't it a waste?" You said.

"What do you mean?" He asked. You stared blankly at the sky, looking at the star that shined the most.

"I mean..." You began silently.

"You take years building such trust with someone, yet there's this very high possibility the person can destroy that trust in just one second."