Broken Promise.

The Love I Never Lost [Hiatus]

SNSD - Promise

Author's P.O.V

You woke up gasping for air and sweating while touching your collarbone, searching for something. You sighed in relieve when you felt your mom's necklace on your finger tips. You wiped the sweat from your temples and stood up, heading down stairs. Feeling lonely, you dialed Taemin's number. He said that he'd go grocery shopping with you after you whined about your refrigerator being empty. It wasn't your intention to make him go with you but he insisted. You disliked to depend on someone, especially for your personal needs.

You decided to visit Taemin. You took your phone, wallet, keys, headphones and shoved them inside your backpack, heading out. You locked the mansion and started walking towards Taemin's house, whos home was 6 houses away. You kept walking, distracted, until you stumbled a little, waking up from your daze and realizing you already had passed Taemin's house.

"Damn it." You turned around and walked back to search for his house. When you did, you walked over to it and knocked on the door. Seconds later, Taemin opened the door and hugged you tight.

"Taemin... Air..." You said in a high-pitched voice. He let go of you, leaving you panting for air.

"Yah, what was that for?!" You asked, almost yelling.

"I missed you..." He pouted.

"You saw me four hours ago!" He just stuck out his tongue at you.

"I don't care, come in." He urged you to go in. You took off your converse and used some slippers Taemin told you to use. You entered the house and the warm feeling of family, food and love welcomed you as you breathed it, in and out. I missed this feeling... You thought. You looked around and saw Mrs. Lee sitting on a couch. You walked over to her.

"Annyeonghaseyo, Mrs. Lee." You bowed to her, putting your hand over your chest.

"Omo! Eun Kyung-ah!" She got up and hugged you. You, hesitating, hugged her back.

"I'll be right back!" You heard Taemin say as Mrs. Lee broke the hug and you just nodded at Taemin. You turned your head back to Mrs. Lee, giving her your attention.

And you regretted doing so since she was staring at you like you were some sort of criminal, enough to make you uncomfortable. You looked away to avoid eye contact and you heard she sighed.

"I know something's wrong, Eun Kyung." Her serious, strict tone made you gulp.

"Nothing's wrong..." Lie. Your voice trailed off as you bit your lip.

"You can't lie to me, Eun Kyung. And you know that." You sighed, thinking of a way to avoid this topic.

"Nope, you cannot avoid this, Eun Kyung-ah." You sighed once again. She only laughed. You hated how she could read you like an open book.

"Sit." She said and you obeyed, nervous.

"Don't be so nervous. It's only me." She said while smiling. You began to relax until she spoke again.

"I already know what happened... And I won't make you speak of it. I just want to tell you that I'm here for you." You nodded as she kept talking.

"I don't want you to do something that will mark your life forever..." She trailed off. You knew what she meant. Suicide. She shook her head and looked back at you.

"I care for you, Eun Kyung. A lot. Same goes for your parents. And I feel ashamed that I didn't pay you a visit.." You saw her eyes were filled with sadness. Mrs. Lee had been your mother's best friend for more than 25 years.

"Aniyo, it's okay." Mrs. Lee looked at you with concerning eyes.

"You... I can sense your heart is locked. You've changed quite a lot." You looked at her with a blank expression. She only chuckled and stood up from the couch. You stretched out your hand to hold her arm.

"Wait." You said and she turned around to face you.

"Does he know?" She looked confused at first but soon got what you meant. Taemin. She shook her head with a sad smile. Right then, Taemin barged into the living room.

"Let's go, Eun Kyung~" He grabbed your hand, walking towards the door until you stopped him.

"Taemin, you don't have to go." He raised an eyebrow.

"Oh really...? Who else do you trust that knows their way around Seoul?" Damn it, he won again. You glared at him as he smiled in victory. Deja vu. He grabbed your hand and lead you towards his car. You slipped inside and soon started thinking about your mom's promise.

 

 

Maybe if you didn't make a promise you wouldn't break, I would feel a little bit better.