Too Much Sun

Summer Lovin'

 

 
"Bada. Come here love." Donghae sat on the front steps of his house and called for his white, West Highland terrier. It was warm out and he wanted to take his sweet Bada for a walk around the block. Donghae flinched when he felt small paws with untrimmed nails attack his back.
"Bada, honey. Why would you hurt me like that."
Donghae picked up his puppy and gave it a kiss on it's head.
"Maybe you should just marry Bada and save us from your make out sessions." Hae's older brother, Heechul said from  the doorway. "I would, but Bada said she only likes me as a friend." Hae answered with a serious face that made Heechul question the sanity of his little brother.
"Uh... okay... wherever you're going, come back before 5 to help me clean up. We're having guests over for dinner."
"Guests? Who?"
"You know Mr. Lee, he has some relatives staying with him for the summer, the son is around your age and he's been spending all his time inside so I said I'd introduce you two and you be friends with him."
Donghae eyed his brother suspiciously, he was hiding something, Donghae could feel it.
"Why are you looking at me like that?"
"Hyung, what are you hiding?"
"I have no idea what you're talking about." 
Heechul walked back into the house pretending he didn't hear Hae.
"Let's go Bada, we have to hurry back before 5."
Donghae glanced at his watch, it was 2:20, he would still have time to visit Min after Bada's walk.
Hae looked at Mr. Lee's house and could have sworn he'd seen a face in the window.
Hae shook the thought away and clipped on Bada's leash before heading towards the park, walking slowly so Bada could keep up and not get tired.
Donghae was sitting on a bench and watching Bada play with another dog when someone tapped his shoulder.
"Hello, Donghae."
Hae turned to see Kyuhyun standing behind him. He wore white knee length shorts and a snug black shirt. Donghae felt erted for noticing that Kyuhyun had a very nice body.
"Hey Kyu, where have you been? You won't even answer my phone calls." 
Kyu chuckled and pushed his hands into his pockets, "I was afraid you'd try to get me to hang out with you and Sungmin again, so I didn't answer."
"But, don't you like Sungmin?"
Kyu blushed, "Yes, I like him... but he's not interested in me... that's why I just keep my distance." 
"But, you should at least tell him how you feel. What's the use in loving someone and never telling them?"
"Gah! I'm not going to tell him! You saw how upset he got with me just going near him..."
"I'm going to Min's house... want to come with me?"
"No way, he'd be upset..." Kyu looked down as if he was focusing on looking at grass.
"No he wouldn't, come on Kyu. I'll just tell him we met up on my way to his house and I dragged you with me."
"He'll still hate me..."
Hae picked up Bada's leash and called her to him.
"Bada, this is Kyuhyun. Say hi to Kyuhyun, Bada."
Bada barked and ran around Kyu's legs.
"She seems to like you." Hae attached Bada's leash to her collar and started leading Kyu to Sungmin's house.
 
"Min, open the door. It's too hot out here, Bada needs water."
Sungmin got up from his bed and headed downstairs. Why did Hae feel it was okay to come over unannounced? He hadn't been feeling well and just wanted to sleep.
Min opened the door and was surprised to see Donghae at the door, with Kyuhyun. He never noticed how attractive Kyu was, or that he had such a nicely sculpted body... or maybe he was actually coming down with something.
"Hi, Min. Don't tell me you were sleeping?"
Sungmin tore his eyes away from Kyu's body and glared at Hae, "Yes, I was sleeping. I'm sick and I wanted to sleep! But it seems I'm not allowed to..."
Donghae placed his hand on Sungmin's forehead, "You might be getting a fever, your weren't out in the sun too long were you?"
"Well, I fell asleep on the porch yesterday..."
"It could be a bit of a heat . You should drink lots of water and stay out of the sun for a while." Kyuhyun said, he had a very worried expression on his face.
"Mm, okay. Well, come in Kyuhyun, you're going to let bugs into the house. "
"I'll make you some ramen." Donghae ran into Sungmin's kitchen and little Bada followed, probably searching for water.
Sungmin looked at Kyuhyun who stood awkwardly by the front door, as if he was getting ready to leave.
"Kyuhyun, sit down please, you're making me feel weird. "
"Oh, sorry. Uh...  where is Ryeowook?" Kyuhyun stepped into the living room and sat on the floor opposite to Sungmin.
"He's with his friend Yesung at the pool... so, how did Hae manage to drag you here?"
"I really don't know. He's so persuasive... "
Sungmin giggled, knowing well just how persuasive Hae could be. He'd give you a cute pout and turn you into jelly or a cute goofy grin that makes you want to see it even more.
"He's really adorable isn't he?"
"Yeah, it's hard to believe that he's older than me... he makes me feel like I should be taking care of him."
Sungmin smiled, maybe Kyuhyun wasn't so bad after all?
Sungmin had been suspicious of Kyuhyun since he'd noticed the boy watching him at the beginning of the school year. Sungmin wasn't a stranger to men approaching him for being cute, or because he seemed very feminine. Sungmin also had to chase away a large sum of men who'd been eyeing Donghae or his little brother.
"You seem like a nice person Kyu."
Kyuhyun looked up at Sungmin, surprised by the comment. "Eh? You think I'm nice?"
 Min grinned, "Anyone who feels the need to care for Hae instead of ravishing him, is a good person."
Kyuhyun blushed "Ravish Hae? Why would I want to do that? He's like a little brother, and he's strange..."
 Sungmin had no idea why he did but he spoke the words on his mind, "Oh, of course. You'd much rather ravish me, am I right?"
Kyuhyun stood up so quickly Sungmin barely realized when he'd reached the door.
"Kyuhyun! Kyuhyun, I'm sorry. That was rude of me to say... don't leave." Sungmin didn't understand why he wanted Kyuhyun to stay, but he did.
Kyuhyun stood by the door for a few moments before returning to the living room, this time he sat slightly further away from Sungmin and was facing the other direction.
Sungmin moved closer to Kyuhyun and placed his hand on his shoulder, "I'm sorry."
"Whatever, I know you hate me and how I am. I won't deny that I have feelings for you. But, to say that what I want from you is ... it's just... it's so untrue."
Sungmin felt a tug at his heart, either Kyuhyun's confession was genuine or he was becoming a sap.
"Kyuhyun.... let's try being friends. Alright?"
Kyuhyun turned towards Sungmin and smiled, "Yeah, that's what I want. To at least be your friend."
Min couldn't help himself, he wrapped his arms around Kyu's shoulders and pulled him into a hug. He smelled nice, and his body was really warm.
"I want a hug too." Hae set down the bowl of ramen and squeezed his way in-between Min and Kyu. 
"God, Hae. You're just great at ruining things." Kyu said,.but wrapped his arms around Hae anyways.
Sungmin crawled over to the table because he realized, he'd spent a good portion of the day in bed and hadn't eaten anything.
"I love you Hae." Min said turning to look at Hae, who'd decided to use Kyuhyun as a pillow and was laying his head on his shoulder.
"I love you too, but Bada is my first love."
Sungmin picked up a pillow and chucked it at Hae, "After all I've done for you? You choose the dog?"
"Yes."
Kyuhyun started laughing, "Wow... you guys are so... Strange..."
Sungmin stuck his tongue at Kyu who continued to laugh.
"Oh, I have to go. Heechul-hyung says we have guests for dinner tonight so I have to help clean."
Donghae stood up, fetched Bada's leash and blew a kiss at them, "I'll see my loves tomorrow."
He was out of the door before Min even had the chance to reply.
"You ever feel like he is trying to set you up?" Kyu asked Min while he stared at the closed door.
"Oh, I'm most certain he was trying to set us up, no doubt about it."
Kyu looked over at Min, "I'll stay with you till you fall asleep, in case you get sick."
"You don't need to do that Kyu, I'm stronger than I look."
"Yeah, you might be stronger than you look but you are also a bigger idiot than you think. Falling asleep in the sun..."
Kyu trailed off, grumbling something about vomiting and death. Min wasn't able to focus on his word because he felt his body get heavy, and his eyes began closing against his will. 
"Min? Min?" Kyu shook Min, trying to wake him up to no avail. "Wow, just when Hae leaves..."
Kyu picked up Min's sleeping body and carried him to his room. After tucking him in, Kyu cleaned the kitchen and put the ramen Sungmin didn't finish away. He felt like he was taking care of his sick boyfriend.
Kyu blushed at the thought," Just friends... that's all we are for now, just friends.."
 
 
Okay, so they become friends pretty quickly... can you blame me? Kyu is just such a lovely little handsom nerd and Min, Vicious and adorable... kekekekeke, I'll get to working on my fourth chapter and I'll upload the 3rd one next week... to give you something to look forward to.
~Minnie