Summer at last

Summer Lovin'

 

Donghae sat gazing out the window, he couldn't wait for school to end. It was exactly 15 minutes until school would be over for summer vacation. He couldn't wait to sleep in everyday and go swimming and hiking with his best friend Sungmin. Hae's mind was drifting when he was suddenly hit with a folded piece of paper. Hae looked at the paper and knew instantly who'd thrown it, the paper was cover in pink ink and was signed 'I love you fishy'. 
Hae looked over at Sungmin, who pouted his lips and puffed out his cheeks. Why was this guy so damned adorable? Hae opened the paper to see what Min was trying to tell him.
    "Hae, I'm hungry. We should go out for dinner later...
      Ooorr, We could go to my house and I'll make us 
      Something yummy. What do you want to eat?"
                                  Your love ~ Bunny
Hae giggled, Sungmin was always offering to cook for him, he was so cute Hae found it hard to believe that the boy was older than him. Hae picked up his pen and tore a sheet of paper from his notebook. 
         "Minnie, stop being so weird. You know I will eat
           Whatever you decide to cook for me... but, I would
            Really, really like some fish, lots of it please!
             Oh, and your man has been watching you all day, 
              Don't look now but he's staring "
                                      Love~ Fishy
Hae chuckled to himself as he looked at the cute little math geek; Kyuhyun he believed his name was in the desk beside Min, the poor thing clearly had it bad for Min who was too stubborn to acknowledge him. Hae carefully aimed his paper and flicked it in Min's direction. He watched as Min read the note and scrunch up his face as he reached the bottom. Hae chuckled again as he saw Min turn to look at the little cutie, who quickly looked down at his work.
Min turned and gave Hae what he supposed was his best 'death glare'. Hae sighed, feeling sorry for the poor lovesick boy... Hae wondered, what was it like to be in love? He'd never been in love before... or even in like... Sure he'd dated a few girls, but he never truly felt anything for them and had to end the relationships.
 
Hae was startled when he heard the bell. Everyone was up on their feet and chatting happily before the teacher could finish her talk about staying safe over summer and something or other.
"Oh my God Hae! It's summer, it's finally summer!" Min stood up and started pulling Hae out of his seat. "Let's go! I don't want to stay in here any longer than I need to."
Hae stood up and picked up him bag. He looked in Kyuhyun's direction and saw him looking at them as well. Hae smiled, "Give me a minute Min I'll catch up"
Min left the room as he was being called for by this little brother Ryeowook. 
"Hey Kyuhyun, what are you doing tonight?" 
Kyuhyun's head shot up and he narrowed his eyes suspiciously,
"Why do you want to know?"
Hae was upset by the hostility in his voice and pouted, "I want you to hang out with Min and I, please?"
Kyuhyun didn't look convinced, "why?"
Hae sighed, why was this kid being stubborn when he was trying so hard? "Because I've seen you gushing over Min all year. Summer is finally here, we can all hang out and you can get closer to him."
Kyuhyun's stared at Hae open-mouthed, "wha-what are you t-talking about?"
Hae was getting tired, did he really think that no one noticed his constant staring, or that he sat beside Min in every class they'd had together.
"Kyuhyun, let's be friends okay? Friends hang out together so, let's hang out tonight. It'll be fun, I promise." 
Hae picked up Kyuhyun's bag and walked towards the door, knowing that Kyuhyun was sure to follow him now.
"Ah, hey! Give me my bag back! Be careful, my laptop is in there!"
Kyuhyun rushed to keep up with Hae and when he caught up with him, snatched his bag from Hae's hand. But Hae was quick to react and had latched onto Kyuhyun's arm, pulling him down the hall.
"Hae, what are you doing?" Sungmin looked at Kyuhyun for a split second before looking back at Hae.
"I invited Kyuhyun to hang out with us tonight." 
"Ah, Kyuhyun, he's so smart. We should be in the same year but he's skipped ahead one year." Ryeowook said as he held onto Kyuhyun's other arm.
Hae was surprised, he hadn't known that Kyuhyun was his junior.
"Wow, Kyu, you're amazing!"
Kyu's face became a light pink, "uh, thank you."
"Okay, let's go. I'm hungry." Sungmin said as he started to walk towards the schools main exit.
 
 
"Hey, let me help you Sungmin."
Kyuhyun walked into Sungmin's kitchen and washed his hands, he didn't know how to cook but he needed to make a good impression on Sungmin seeing as it was their first time hanging out.
"I can do it on my own." 
Sungmin tried pushing him out of the kitchen but Kyu managed to get back in. 
"Really, just tell me what you want me to do and I'll do it."
Sungmin let out a heavy sigh, "Fine, Hae wants fish and Ryeowook wants curry. So, I'll gut the fish and you can start making the curry"
Kyuhyun nodded and immediately regretted it, he didn't know how to make curry. He found the curry powder and put water in a saucepan, he waited till the water boiled and added the powder but it started to bubble over.
"Wah! Sungmin, it's falling!"
Sungmin took the saucepan and put it in the sink.
"Kyuhyun... have you ever made curry before?"
Kyu shook his head, his mom had always babied him and never let him near the stove.
Sungmin seemed to be shaking, "fine, can to cut up some carrots?  Wookie needs more vegetables but won't eat any green ones."
Sungmin handed Kyuhyun a knife and 3 carrots, Kyu felt like he should tell Sungmin he'd never done that either but decided he should at least try.
It was going well, he peeled the carrots and was cutting them... but his hand slipped and there was soon blood on the counter.
"Oh my God! What the hell!? You don't even know how to hold a knife!?" 
Sungmin snatched the knife from his hand and proceeded to kick him out of the kitchen.
 
Hae was really enjoying seeing Kyu being a gentleman, offering to help Min with the cooking.... but the poor thing couldn't cook to save his life and in no time was chased out of the kitchen by an enraged Min.
"Stay there, don't come near my kitchen. Understood?!" Sungmin said, still holding the knife he'd snatched from Kyu's now bleeding hand.
Kyu nodded and walked over to Hae, "I could really, really use a band-aid...please." 
After cleaning up Kyu's injury, Hae put a pink band-aid on it. "Sorry, Min only has pink band-aids.
 Kyu looked down at his hand, "I don't mind, it's kinda cute."
Hae led Kyu down downstairs and felt his mouth start to water at the enticing smell coming from the kitchen. 
"Min, I'm hungry!!" Hae said popping his head into the kitchen.
"It's almost done Hae. Stop acting like a baby."
Donghae faked an offended look before returning to the living room. Kyu was sitting beside Ryeowook who seemed to be chatting to himself.
"Wookie, why are you talking to yourself?"
"I'm trying to get Kyu to talk to me but he won't answer any of my questions and he told me that I talk too much! How rude can someone possibly get while they are a guest in someone else's house!"
Ryeowook stood up and stomped over to sit beside Hae.
"Kyu isn't good at talking with others for the sake of talking Wookie, he's got too much to think about to do that."
"Well, it's still rude. The least he could do is say he doesn't feel like talking."
"Aish, quit your blabbing Wookie and come help me put out the food." Sungmin shouted from the kitchen. 
Kyuhyun stood up and walked towards the kitchen, "I can help."
Min was quick to place a stack of bowls in Kyu's hands and send him off. 
Hae couldn't help but smile, this was going to be a very interesting summer.
 
 
I hope I didn't bore you... But yeah, I made Kyu shy and geeky. Why? Because Kyu needs to be the shy geek every once in a while... <3
Bare with me  :P it gets better I promise.
~Minnie