𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏 ➥ 𝐈𝐧𝐯𝐢𝐭𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧

Dance to Love

 

 

 

---------NARRATOR '  S   POV

“Min Rii ah, come and take a look at this.” Lee Hye Mi, the one and only girl that were blessed with such captivating bluish green eye, called her friend to the mailbox in front of their house. An envelope with an embossed gold logo which they instantly knew, and they looked at each other almost at the same time.

The envelope reads; Lee Hye Mi.

“Open it up, babe.” Min Rii gestured while taking a deep breath as Hye Mi teared up the envelop. Her breath quickened with anxiety.

Min Rii and Hye Mi had been best friends for a long time, but the day that Min Rii’s mother actually accepted Hye Mi as her adopted daughter, their friendship started to change to more.

“What does it says? Oh God, this is nerve-wrecking!” Min Rii grabbed into her arm and looked into her eyes, not wanting to read the letter inside.

“Umm… Well, I guess I got accepted with full scholarship.” The blue eyed girl timidly said to her friend.

That was the moment where Min Rii had lost it. She screamed at top of her lungs that made the neighbours’ dogs barked, startled with her high pitched voice.

“OH MY GOD!! MOM!!!!!!!!! HYE MI GOT IN!!!!”

A lady stormed out towards the both of them from the front door while holding a broom.

*SMACK*

A loud thud landed on Min Rii’s shoulder, that made her winced in pain. "Ow! Mom! That hurts!"

“Turn your voice down Min Rii! You’re waking up the whole universe with your loud voice.”

Mrs. Shim, a widow, a mom, and a strong woman after she lost his beloved husband when Min Rii was seven, barely knew what is going on. She had a beautiful short permed hair, that goes well with her always smiling face.

And she took Hye Mi into the family after she saw her at the dance studio.

“Dear God! Congratulations, honey. I know you’re special the moment I saw you! This call for a celebration!” Mrs. Shim beamed with joy. She dropped a kiss on her forehead.

Lee Hye Mi biological parents are were a mix of Korean-European, as shown on Hye Mi’s features. Her mother is a great dancer and her name was popular among the dancers, as she choreographed a lot of signature dance piece that were used back then. His father was a businessman and a loving father. They were once a happy family.

But their marriage didn't end very well.

<<*FLASHBACK*>>

Hye Mi was always an intelligent student at school, popular because of her features and her unique eyes, and was loved by most of the teachers. Later did they knew that the girl were having a psychological problem. When she was 15 years old, her father cheated by bringing back es into the house. Her mom always absent from home and never cared for her anymore. Hye Mi had seen her mother make out with other man rather than her father. When her mother told her to not tell her secrets to her father, she just nodded.

But inside she already knew that one day her family already fell apart.

The once a happy home turned to place that Hye Mi hate the most. She can’t sleep or study as the house was full of the voices of people that she didn't even knew, making strange noises that she didn't understand enough. Every day, she will just clasp her hands and pray, or turning on her iPod to sleep, and locking herself in her room, hoping each day will go faster.

But on that one night, Hye Mi forgot to lock up her room like she usually did, after hearing her mother drunken giggles with her lover in the living room. She opened her books, trying to divert away negative thoughts about her mother.

Suddenly, the door opened and stood a man at the entrance of her room.

“Who are you? What do you want?! This is not mama’s room!” Hye Mi shouted as she looked at the man that was walking towards her.

“Oh my little girl, don’t be afraid. I just want to play with you.” He said and laughed evilly.

The eyes of that man were full of lust as he lifted Hye Mi and threw her on her bed from her study table. She screamed on top of her lungs, asking for help, but no one came. He pinned her hands down over her head and lie on top of her. While gripping her hands, he then took off his pants down midway.

“I just want to play with you, little girl. Damn, you’re so much hotter than your mom.” He growled.

“Please….stop!” She managed to say while trying hard to break free from his grasp. Her eyes were streaming down with tears.

The man was her mother’s new boyfriend. He tried to her. In one swift motion, the man took off her shorts and forces her legs open while playing with her s. Hye Mi shouted again, asking for help. Her body was trembling; her heart was scared out of death and she cried in agony. The man just laughed evilly. The dirty hands that trailed her body were scaring her out of death.

“Stop struggling, you little bitc-“

*CRASSSHHHHH!!!!!!*

The sound echoed off the room, and little did Hye Mi knew there were blood drippling down the man’s forehead before he fell down on top of her, smearing his blood on her body. Her eyes widen to see that her father, Lee, were just in time to save her.

But it didn’t end there. Lee dragged the body from Hye Mi to the floor before striking the sharp broken bottle that he held onto the man’s throat a couple times, eventhough he knew that the man was already dead.

That little Hye Mi were terrified, to see the man’s neck were gushing out with blood in front of her own eyes. He was killed by her own father who was trying to protect her, but her little heart couldn’t bear to see the tragedy. She hugged her self and leaned against the wall, traumatized in the horror of that night.

That body lies still, as her father took a step back, realizing what he had did.

“It-it’s all y-your fault! IT’S ALL YOUR FAULT!!!!” Lee pointed and screaming as he lost himself at his wife who sat on her knees in front of her daughter’s room, cupping .

What the little Hye Mi remembered after the horrific tragedy, that everything became blurry and black. She heard a distinct sound of police sirens nearing her house before she passed out.

 

<<*FAST  FORWARD*>>

 

Hye Mi was hospitalized because of her trauma. Her parents decided to break up, leaving HyeMi alone, putting a deep scar in her little heart.

She later got a news that his father was accused of murder, and was sentenced to death and her mother vanished without a story. The only thing that's left for Hye Mi was her mother's dance studio and some money from his father's will before he died.

The scar remained in her heart as she tried to face the cruel world for the second time.

The dance studio was her house, her place to grow up, and her place to find money to survive. She became a great dance teacher from a young age. Later on, Min Rii's mother knew about her story through her daughter who was a student in her dance studio and decided to give love for that blue eyed girl. She then officially took Hye Mi into their family.

"So, honey, tell me about the university. What courses will you take there?" Mrs. Shim asked while she was serving Hye Mi her favorite Spicy Fried Chicken on the table.

"Umm... Well, it's a perfroming arts university. In the letter it says that I can take classes first before deciding on my course. And... The rest... I-I don't know." Hye Mi explained while fiddling with her chopsticks.

Kiria University of Performing Arts is an international high-class private university and renowned in Korea. It was the best university related to performing arts in the country and also on international level. However, mostly wealthy families and people with high status in the society can apply for it. It was another private university who were also a joint from The Juilliard School in America, which is world leader in performing arts education.

The university eventhough is still new, because of the booming sensation of K-Pop industry, Kiria strive to provide the highest caliber of artistic education for gifted musicians, dancers, and actors from around the world so that they will achieve their fullest potential as artists, leaders, and global citizens. Currently more than 1500 artists enrolled at Kiria, which is quite a small number for a university. It is because of their strict application process to discover the best artists that can enter the university.

And because it is a private university that does not offer scholarship programmes.

"FYI Miss Lee Hye Mi, you're talking about the sacred ground of Kiria University! I can't believe that you didn't knew about that university! Even your little ballerina that you taught in your dance class knew about Kiria!" Min Rii spoke while munching on her ddeokbokki.

"Well, I never thought that I can enter that university. I mean, look at me, I don't have anything to give, let alone a wealthy place like Kiria." Hye Mi shrugged.

Mrs. Shim took a seat in front of Hye Mi and smiled.

"It's only because you don't see it. Other people sees your talent, your gift and what you can give to them. That's why they choose you. Stop degrading yourself, honey. It's just going to stop you from trying everything that you should've tried."

"Second that." Min Rii agreed with her mom.

"Okay, now let's dig in! I made you your favorite fried chicken! Congratulations on getting into Kiria. How fast you both had grown. I'm really proud of you." Mrs. Shim held Min Ri's hand as she beamed with joy and gratefulness.

"Mom... Please don't make me cry. I'm still going to be with you. HyeMi also will always come back home. Right, babe?" Min Ri wiped the tears that are already formed in her eyes.

"Yes. I will always be coming back." HyeMi smiled.

“Where are we going Min Ri-ah? I haven't finished packing yet.” Hye Mi held her friend's hand as they entered a shop.

The two girls had spend their morning packing and checking out their lists of items need to be brought to the university. That is when Min Ri had an idea to spend their last time together before Hye Mi went to Kiria.

"You need new clothing for spring, Lee Hye Mi. This is my favorite shop. And it's super cheap too." Min Ri whispered.

She turned to check out their surroundings. A long rack of clothes ran the length of the store on one side from front to back. Inside the rack Hye Mi saw unorganized apparel that was a little too messy for people to find their clothings. Another counter in front of her were filled with weird but beautiful selections of accessories.

"I love thrift shop. If you are lucky, you can find good stuffs in here." Hye Mi implied as her hand ran through the rack of clothing.

"Right? Min Ri agreed. She already was holding a couple of garments with her even only after several minutes in the shop. Her eyes were wildly scanning the areas as she goes on.

Hye Mi's eyes caught the attention of a beautiful sterling silver angel wings anklet in the counter. "May I take a look at this?"

The shopkeeper handed out the anklet to her. "What's that? Oh! It's beautiful!" Min Ri approached and saw the anklet. It had a small angel wings charm dangling at the sides.

Hye Mi then smiles to Min Ri. "I'll take this one. Do you have another one that's just the same as this?" Hye Mi said as the shopkeeper nodded and went inside the room behind him to take the other one.

Hye Mi then kneel down on one knees and chained Min Ri's ankle with the anklet.

"This is my gift for you. I hope the angels above will always look and protect you when I'm gone." Hye Mi implied to her best friend.

Before she could stand up straight, Min Ri was practically wailing with tears while hugging the blue-eyed girl. She had concealed her sadness for so long and the thoughts that she need to be separated with her after they had been living together for a few years broke her.

"I know that I'm going to miss you so much. I'll be sure to always text you. Now, stop crying or else you'll ruin our last date today." Hye Mi wiped her eyes and smiled.

She was chosen into the school after Min Ri fought with her to send her application to Kiria. Even though she knew that Hye Mi or her family can't even afford the costs of admissions there, but she do it anyways. From ballet to street dance, she recorded every single one of her choreographies, compiled it and submit the application.

Hye Mi finally let her submit the application, but never she thought that she would make it.

From tons of application, she was the only one that got chosen and the best of all, this blue-eyed girl was the first person that were in with full scholarship on her back.

"Did you check everything? What about your books?" Min Ri pointed towards the rack that was filled with Hye Mi's book collection.

"I just need my album. If I packed all of them, none of us can carry this bag out." Hye Mi chuckled.

The two girls were organizing the things that she need to bring in a big black luggage but HyeMi was hesitant to put the clothes into the bag as she slowly folded her clothes while daydreaming about the new life she need to went through after this. Min Ri noticed her sadness.

"Babe. You should be happy about this. This is your chance." Min Ri stopped her hands by holding them.

"Yeah I know. But, I don't.... I just don't know... What about my dance studio? What about Mrs. Shim and what about you? Do I need to leave them all behind?" She desperately said.

"You don't leave them. You just move forward. That's it. You can always look back and see us here." Min Ri smiled. "We aren't going anywhere. About your dance studio, promise me you'll come back with your degree and started expanding your studio here again. And I'll promise you I'll take a good care of it." Min Ri implied, as she looked into her mesmerizing blue eyes with confidence.

Hye Mi sighed and continue to organize her things.

After a long hour passed, they finally finished packing. Then Min Ri came out with an idea.

"Babe, let's go to your dance studio. I want to see you dance for the last time before you take off tomorrow."

"It's already past 2 a.m! Mrs. Shim would kill us if we got back late." says the blue eyed girls who was finally pushing her lugagge to the side of their small room."

Then the door creaked open. "No I won't kill you. Just go if you want. Just sleep there tonight. I'll come tomorrow morning and we have our breakfast there. Sounds good?" Mrs Shim interrupted and smiled to both of her children.

Hye Mi practically jumped towards her embrace. "Thank you. For everything." She tightens her embrace as Min Ri joined her as well.

"You're the best, mom." Min Ri implied.

"Oh I know." Mrs. Shim chuckled.

Tell me babe, when will the day come where I can't see you as beautiful?” Min Ri stated, while helping her tying her long hair to a bun. The blue-eyed girl chuckled.

"Only you that sees me like that, my love."

"God Hye Mi, stop with all your William Shakespeare. I'm trying to be serious here!" Min Ri pouted.

"I'm being serious here too. I don't think people will notice me." Min Ri then scoffed.

"They need to be blind first not to notice you for the first time."

Hye Mi sat on the stool and started tying her pointe shoes while Min Ri connected her phone to the sound system. A soft classical music filled the music studio. "Sounds good?" Min Ri asked and her friend nodded.

After finished tying up the shoes and got her hair done, she stood up and looked into the mirror. MinRii stood behind her and put a tiara on her head.

“I’ll be missing your sparkling blue eyes, and yourself.” Min Ri muttered while hugging Hye Mi.

She positioning herself in front of the mirror before the music starts. Min Ri stared her in amazement. She had watched her friend did the choreography many times before but she she never failed to impress her.  Her back curved backwards and her right hand was up. Her face turned serious as she closed her eyes, waiting for the right beat in the music to dance.

She danced perfectly with the song, captivating everyone who were watching her movements. Her graceful body reacted towards the song as the music flows as if she was the song itself. Every step was perfect and balanced. Only Hye Mi could make the pointe work looks easy enough.

It was indeed a beautiful dance that she performed for her friend.

Beads of sweats can be seen on her milky white skin after the music stopped. She exhaled deeply and finished her dance with a bow to her friend. She then strided towards the phone to change the song."

“You made me dance late at night, Min Ri-ah.” Hye Mi chuckled.

“Wow… It’s so beautiful! I-I just can’t say it-You’re perfect.” Her friend stuttered at her own words.

"Another dance? I'll teach you a little bit of the choreography this time." Hye Mi pulled Min Ri up and position herself in front of the mirror.

"Hell yes! Teach me master!" Min Ri said that made Hye Mi laughed.

 

They continued dancing throughout the night till they passed out.

 

---------END  OF CHAPTER 1

 

 

 

Annyeong! Bluesky’s here! How’s my story? Sorry if the other k-pop idols didn’t show yet! But! I promise they will show up in no time after this! I will continue to post and post and post just only for my beautiful and handsome readers!! Let's enjoy it! If you enjoy it, I will enjoy writing it too!!

Till next time!!!

With lots of lots of love,