#8 Just a small cut

Can't Be Changed

"Today's challenge is rock climbing," the manager announced.

"Rock climbing?" the crowd echoed as he nodded in response. 

"All the gear is at the setting," he continued. 

Everyone got up and followed the manager. As they neared the site, everyone looked at the tall, fake rock with astonishment. 

"We can't climb on mountain because I don't want to be responsible for people's death," he teased. 

They all glared at him with piercing eyes.

"It was a joke." However, the expressions did not change. After sighing, he said, "It was raining so we couldn't do it on mountains, sorry but you know the weather in London. It changed like the mood swings of some people." He coughed a few times staring at Myungsoo. Unfortunately, no one caught on to his obvious hint. "Ok, let's continue. We will get you all geared up to make sure you don't hurt yourself. You will most definitely not climb with your partner. Now, go ahead and put on your harnesses. You!" he shouted at a boy. "You are going first."

The helper attached the rope to the boy's harness. The rope was securely hung above. The boy began to climb and he made it look so simple. 

One by one everyone else gave it a shot. "I'll go next," Myungsoo called. 

"Fine with me," the manager smiled. 

The rope was fastened and Myungsoo started using the grips for support as he climbed to the top then safely came back down again. 

"Sungjong, why don't you give it a shot?" 

Sungjong hesitantly nodded. He never liked heights. With shaking legs, he began to climb. Half way through, he looked down. This wasn't a good idea to do. He misplaced his leg on nothing and fell down slowly, scrapping his knees against the hard bumpy wall. 

Myungsoo, without second thought, ran towards him. "Are you ok?" he whispered as he observed the blood oozing out of Sungjong's legs. 

"Can you stand?" the manager questioned. 

"Even if he can stand, I don't think he can walk so please help me by putting him on my back." Myungsoo said in a hurried voice. 

The manager helped do so and Sungjong leaned into Myungsoo's back. 

"Go slowly," Sungjong cried in pain.

Myungsoo nodded and remained quiet as he heard the soft yet fast beat of Sungjong's heart.

Sungjong didn't know what to do but he couldn't help smiling as he recalled the last time this happened. 

 

Myungsoo placed him down on the infirmary room bed and waited patiently as the nurse slowly cleansed the wound with a towel. With each touch, Sungjong moaned with pain. 

"Careful, careful!" Myungsoo repeated with each cry. 

"I can't be more careful than this!" the nurse bursted. "It's just a small cut," she whispered.

"What?! Just a small cut, you say? Do you have any idea how much blood came out of that?" Myungsoo shouted.

Sungjong raised his left eyebrow and the nurse shook her head. 

"You are over-exaggerating. Looking at this, I predict not much blood was lost." She then turned back to Sungjong, "It may burn for a bit so adjust until then, ok?" 

Sungjong pulled on a weak smile and nodded. 

"He is really light, ok? So even a little blood lose would harm him!" 

"I got it! Stop worrying already. He isn't going to die, yet." the nurse chose the wrong sets of words. 

"What do you mean, isn't going to die yet?" Myungsoo put on a creepy, scary expression. 

"I just meant he would die at an old age. Gosh, you are so weird. Do you like him? You act as if he is your soul mate and whatever harms him cause pain to you as well, seriously!" 

"I will stay at your dorm today and look after your leg." Myungsoo demanded, ignoring her completely. 

Sungjong couldn't defy, Myungsoo was already so determined. 

"Get on my back, then." Myungsoo indicated. 

"Nono, it's best if he stays here. If you want to keep him company then there is a spare bed over there," she pointed at the bed, few metres away from Sungjong's. "You might just have to push it a little closer so you can actually hear each other." she suggested. 

Myungsoo got to work, this was like the first day all over again.

"You don't have to force yourself to stay." Sungjong softly said. 

"Oh, this isn't forced. This is what I really want to do. I realized I missed having you as a room mate for the past few days." 


Annyeong,
I wrote this chapter ages ago but forgot to publish it T_T I'm sorry. 
Guess what, guys? I'm finally 16!! Turned yesterday T_T So happy, my friends can stop teasing me for being 15! xD 
/wipes tears/ anyways, Can't be changed is coming to an end!! YES! I want to finish this story and move onto the others :L
Peace out, 
Thenuja xD