Water Leak

Can't Be Changed

 

They were confused; they couldn't see the manager in his office.

"Let’s try the canteen," Sungjong suggested.

Myungsoo nodded before following. They walked into the canteen to see the floors wet with water. The manager was there, in the middle, trying to mope it.

"What happened?" They asked together.

The manager looked up with such shock in his eyes, "What are you doing here?"

"Felt sick so left." Myungsoo explained with a shrug.

"And the other two?"

"That is why we came looking for you! To tell you that they are still there and you have to go pick them!"

"Well, they have to stay there a little longer. I'm dealing with this problem," he frowned.

"Oh yeah. What happened?" Myungsoo asked.

"I have no idea but if this doesn't stop, I may have to close the camp," he said with a sad tone and deep in thought eyes,

Myungsoo and Sungjong looked at one another then back at the manager.

"Really? We've barely spent a week here," Sungjong lip his bottom lip.

The manager sighed, "I can't let you guys drown!"

"We aren't going to drown," Myungsoo stated dully.

"Ok, maybe not drown but yeah. I don't know the cause of the water leak to stop it!"

"Ah... Do you want help cleaning this up?" Sungjong offered.

"Sure. The mopes are in that room," he pointed at the storage closet at the end of the corridor.

Both of them walked towards with but were stopped by the manager's sudden suggestion. "Why don't the two of you continue and I pick the other two?"

"Ok!" They said as they continued to walk.

"Guys, the key!" They stopped and the manager caught up and handed it to Sungjong.

 

Sungjong unlocked the door and Myungsoo walked in behind him.

They were shocked at the amount of space in there. It was so small, they could barely breathe.

"So where do you think the mopes are?" Myungsoo asked.

"No idea," Sungjong moved towards the floor but he tripped. However, Myungsoo held onto his hand, preventing him from falling. Myungsoo pulled him into standing position and the broom fell to the floor, closing the door.

"Ah, there is the mop," Myungsoo pointed behind the door.

They grabbed hold of one and Myungsoo tried opening the door.

"Do you have the keys?" Myungsoo asked.

"Don't you have it?" Sungjong answered.

"Well no. He gave it to you!"

"But you came in after me!"

"Well, now we can't get out." He moaned.

Sungjong sat on the floor. "I really do feel sick," he frowned.

"So do I," Myungsoo said as he sat down beside him. They were sitting really close due to the lack of space.

"What if the camp does close down?" Sungjong started, trying to break the silence.

Myungsoo rubbed the back of his head, "My parents would try to find another." he chuckled.

"I would miss you," Sungjong turned to look at Myungsoo. Myungsoo turned as well making their faces inches apart.

"I guess I would miss you too."

Sungjong didn't know why but the thought of leaving Myungsoo made his heart ache.

"I mean I would miss shouting at you and all," Myungsoo said making Sungjong giggle.

"Yeah. I guess I would miss hearing your voice," Sungjong said then slapped his lips after realizing what he just said.

A smile formed at the corner of Myungsoo's lips. He hid it well by looking down.

"So, have you decided what university you're going to go to?" Sungjong asked.

"Nah, I applied to many. All of them accepted me but I'm having a tough time deciding."

"Oh..."

"Have you decided? It's in Korea, right?"

"I haven't decided. My dad wants me to go to one out of Korea but I want to stay within," Sungjong pulled on a weak smile.

"Ah. Can you feel something wet?" Sungjong nodded. They looked at the floor, it was covered in water. They quickly got up and looked by the door; water was coming in at a slow rate.

"What are we going to do?" Sungjong asked.

"I have no idea." Myungsoo began to bang on the door! "Yah, there is a water leak here!"

But no one came... He tried the door again but it wouldn't budge. It was locked from the outside.

"Wait, how would a door lock by itself?"

"The manager?" They said together than shook their heads.

"Do you have your phone?" Myungsoo asked.

Sungjong handed it over. He tried ringing the manager.

"The number you have dialled isn't reachable. Please try later."

"Damn it!" Myungsoo was about to throw the door on the floor but then thought otherwise. “Here you go," he handed the phone to Sungjong.

"Thanks," Sungjong said with a forced smile.

"Um, I always wanted to say this but always got interrupted," Myungsoo started. 'If anyone interrupts this time then it proves we aren't meant to be!' he thought to himself. "I'm sorry," he whispered.

"For what?"

"For everything. For being for mean on the first day. For shouting at you for no reason. For throwing dye all over you." he listed. 'For not telling you the way I really feel' he said in his mind.

"I'm sorry as well, then." Myungsoo looked up at Sungjong with shock in his eyes.

"For?"

"Just. I'm sorry!"

 

The manager unlocked the door after he returned. 

"Omo, how did that get shut?" He asked. 

"We are supposed to be asking you that!" Myungsoo replied. 

"Well, I didn't do it," he held his hands up. 

Myungsoo rolled his eyes and walked off as Sungjong followed close behind. 

"Guys, wait! I need to make an announcement," he whispered. 

 

The couples were gathered. The talk started about the water all over the place. 

"What's happening?" One asked. 

"Well, I'm not quite sure. I called someone to fix it and if it isn't fixed by tomorrow then I have to close the camp," he whispered, sadly, into the mic. 

 


After reading this chapter, you guys would've guessed that this story is coming to an end xDD (Didn't proofread so might consist of many mistakes x))