#4 Food Challenge

Can't Be Changed

 

“Rise and shine!” Myungsoo opened to see the manager’s face inches away from his. 

“Ahhhhhhh-” the manager cupped his hands around Myungsoo’s mouth.

“Shhh, it’s just me!” the manager smirked.

Myungsoo began to mumble under the manager’s hand so the manager decided to let go. 

“- dare you? How did you get in?” Myungsoo went on.

“What? Wait, I just came in here to wake the two of you up!” the manager explained.

“Then move!” he pushed the manager away and got up. 

“Wake him up, ok?” the manager quickly said and left.

“Why couldn’t he do that as well?” Myungsoo mumbled to himself. He got up and lightly shook Sungjong but it didn’t work so Myungsoo neared his ears and screamed, “Yah, Sungjong-ah wake up!” 

Sungjong shot up and looked around to see Myungsoo, “What is it?”

“It’s time to go to the canteen for our next challenge”, he said before going into the shower.

Sungjong got up and shivered. He walked around, testing his leg. It was perfectly fine. He smiled to himself and began to walk more.

Myungsoo walked out and grinned, “I see your leg is better.”

Sungjong nodded, eagerly. “Wait for me, kay?” he said before going into the bathroom to wash his face.

 

They walked together to the canteen and took their usual seats. Like before, the manager got on to the stage with a cheeky wide smile.

“Oh no. He looks scary”, Myungsoo whispered to Sungjong, whom nodded agreeing.

“So today’s challenge is got to do with food”, he smirked.

“Why doesn’t that sound as sweet as it should?” One called.

“Because it isn’t”, the manager replied. “You have these challenges in the hat that is being handed out. You and your partner will take in turns to pick out a challenge and you HAVE to do them!” He emphasized. “The recipe for the challenge is back in your cabin”, he said.

“So that’s why he was in our cabins”, Myungsoo thought out loud.

“Yes, Myungsoo. That is why I was in you cabin this morning”, he smiled.

Myungsoo looked down, embarrassed.

“Ok guys, take your hats and go back to the cabin! I should say there are cameras there so I’m keeping an eye on you!”

 

Back in the cabin, Myungsoo was drawing his paper out of the hat. They were sitting on the floor, facing each other with the hat in the middle. Myungsoo gulps and smooth it out. “Drink 15 Capri Suns in 15 minutes”, he sighs and then smiles. “That’s easy.”

Sungjong gets up and puts the big brown bag on the table down on the floor. He takes out the 15 juices and puts the straws into them. He takes his phone out and sets the stopwatch to 15 minutes. “Ready?”

Myungsoo nods. The timer was started and Myungsoo began. He on the straws like there was no tomorrow! He kept doing it without taking a breather.

Sungjong grew worried. He was worried that Myungsoo might chock. “Yah, clam down”, he said.

Myungsoo finished and the clock was stopped. He let out one big breath. His eyes were light red and tearful. “How long?”

“10 mins and 27 secs”, Sungjong said.

Sungjong shut his eyes and takes out the paper. He smooths it down and looks at it.

“What does it says?” Myungsoo asked.

“Swallow a tablespoon of cinnamon without water”, he gulps. Cinnamon? His eyes were already getting tearful.

“I feel for you”, Myungsoo frowned.

Sungjong got the cinnamon out whilst Myungsoo went to get a spoon. Sungjong grabbed the spoon, took some cinnamon and placed the whole thing into his mouth.

Myungsoo frowned at what Sungjong did whilst Sungjong began to cough. Myungsoo tapped his back, hard. Sungjong managed to intake it all. Myungsoo was impressed.

Sungjong looked up and Myungsoo with tears running down his eyes. Myungsoo hurried to get water and helped him drink it.

“Ah, you could’ve just spit it out!” Myungsoo said before picking out another paper. “A slice of bread in 30 secs without water.” He smiled to himself. “Why do I always get the easy ones?”

He got a slice of bread and stuffed it into his mouth. He chewed, chewed and chewed even more.

“Maybe you shouldn’t have stuffed the whole thing because 30 secs are up!” Sungjong frowned.

Myungsoo went over to the bin and spat the whole thing. “I already lost so what is the point of continuing.”

Sungjong shrugged and got his paper out. “Six saltine crackers in a minute without water. I have to say, these people hate water”, Sungjong said.

Myungsoo began the timer and Sungjong quickly stuffed it into his mouth one by one. But he couldn’t sallow it.

“Aigo!” Myungsoo sighed. Sungjong spat out everything in his mouth as well.

“Put a cube of ice on your hand, pour salt over it and squeeze as hard as you can”, Myungsoo was shocked at what he just read out loud. “Is this even legal?”

Sungjong chucked, “you always say that!”

“I ain’t doing this!” he threw the paper away and got another one. It had nothing on it. It turned it around, nothing.

“Was that the last one?” Sungjong opened the others and they were all blank.

“Wait, how is this possible? All the ones we got weren’t blank and now they are?” Myungsoo was so confused.

“Let’s take it to the manager”, Sungjong said.

 

They walked into the office.

“What are the two of you doing here?” he questioned.

“All of the papers are blank”, they said.

“Oh, you must be the lucky pair then. Basically, in one of the hats I put some blanks so the pair finish early and gets a treat. Wow, why is it always the two of you?” the manager asked with a playful smile.

“What is the treat?” both of them said, blanking his question.

“You get to go to Thorpe Park”, he grinned.

“What is that?” Sungjong asked.

“Dangerous rides!”


A/N: The food challenges are owned by this website  (click on the word 'website' to view)