Goodbye

Can't Be Changed

 

That night Myungsoo and Sungjong laid in their beds, wide awake.

"We might not see each other ever again," Sungjong pointed out.

"Yeah..." Myungsoo's voice trailed off. "It's sad. Well, it's sad for me," Myungsoo forced himself to say.

"I'm sad as well." Sungjong said.

"The times we have spent together were so fun. I'm glad I met someone like you in my life," Myungsoo whispered.

"I'm glad I met you, too. You know something? Ever since I've met you, I have got this strange vibe signalling we will become something more than friends," Sungjong couldn't keep it in. He began to continue but was stopped.

"I know. We became more like brothers, right?" Sungjong's heart began to ache at Myungsoo's words.

'Has Myungsoo always thought of me as a brother?' With such agony in his heart, he answered, "Yea."

"I guess we have to wait till tomorrow. Until then, goodnight."

"Night," Sungjong's voice cracked. He wasn't sure why. His hopes were shattered into a million pieces; hope that Myungsoo might return his feelings. He turned his table light off and cried lightly under his blanket.

 

"I'm sorry, guys. I'm afraid we will have to close the camp. Your parents were informed and taxis were hired." The manager's voice was full of sorrow. He was just as disappointed as the rest. "You guys should start packing," he advised. "Oh, I told your parents you will get on the night flight which is at ten. Therefore, you have the day to create last-minute memories. Enjoy! Use the taxis outside to go anywhere."

Myungsoo and Sungjong stared at one another. Both of their eyes were full of grief. It seemed as if they are about to lose something special.

"Sungjong-ah, could you spend the day with me?" Sungjong turned to see Mi Jin.

He walked towards her and nodded with delight. "Let me invite Myungsoo as well." He turn back to see no one. "Where did he go?"

"He probably doesn't want to come. Let's go!" She dragged Sungjong outside.

As they got into a taxi, Sungjong asked, "Where do you want to go?"

"Anywhere," she said.

"Ahjussi, could you please stop the car?"

The driver stopped the car.

"What happened?" Mi Jin wondered.

"I have to go. I need to look for Myungsoo. I'm sorry, Mi Jin-ah."

"Bu-" she couldn't finish what she was saying. Sungjong already left.

 

Sungjong ran back to the cabin. "Why did you leave me?"

Myungsoo's eyes widened at Sungjong's sudden appearance. "I thought you were gone," he whispered.

"I rather spend my last hours with you," Myungsoo looked up in shock.

"Really? So you just rejected her?" he questioned.

"I guess I did," Sungjong smiled.

"Ok, let's go then! I really want to go to the London eye," Myungsoo grabbed his jacket and pulled Sungjong outside.

"Isn't the view best seen at night?" Sungjong asked. 

"Oh yes it is. We will just find something to do before that," Myungsoo smiled.

Sungjong's heart began to race. Myungsoo smiled at him before but those were all normal distant one. This one smile had a deeper meaning to it. A meaning that Sungjong wasn't aware of.

"Is there something on my face?" Myungsoo asked, noticing Sungjong staring at him.

Sungjong shook his head and quickly looked away. "So where are we going to go?"

"Um, should we go to an anime convention?"

"Sure! We need costumes though. So, shopping first?" Sungjong smiled.

"Sounds like a day plan!"

They got into a taxi and the driver took them to a store in central London.

 

"What are you going to go as?" Sungjong asked.

"A high school kid," he replied.

"Ah."

"You should go as a high school girl. You would pull it off perfectly," Myungsoo teased.

"Are you serious?"

"Yeah! Try it," Myungsoo urged.

Sungjong shrugged, "Ok."

Myungsoo choose a Japanese traditional girl school clothing for Sungjong with a black realistic wig. Sungjong choose a boy costume for Myungsoo.

"Here you go! Let's change!" Myungsoo said before walking into the dressing room.

 

Five minutes later, Sungjong came out to see Myungsoo's eyes widen with surprise. Sungjong had his black wig flatten down and open. He wore a white shirt which a navy lining around its wrist. The lining matched the colour of the skirt which the shirt was neatly tucked into. There was a red bow around his neck. He didn't wear any make up at all so his features were natural.

"How do I look?" He whispered.

"Just like a girl," Myungsoo replied with a chuckle. He rubbed the back of his head and looked Sungjong up and down. "Wow you have some hairless legs.

Sungjong kicked him, "Stop ing!"

Myungsoo laughed and then paid for the clothes. They had it worn when they got into the taxi.

The driver kept staring at Sungjong through the rear mirror.

"Could you take us to the anime convention please?"

The driver nodded, "That might take a while."

"It's okay!" Myungsoo answered.

They sat there in silence. Myungsoo stole glances at Sungjong once in a while.

 

An hour later, they reached the anime convention. They walked into a big hall where people were dressed in real characters; from naruto to death note's shinigami.

Myungsoo and Sungjong smiled at each other.

They walked around looking for something to buy.

"Oppa, can you buy this for me?" Sungjong held up a digimon's agumon soft toy. He blinked his eyes and put on a cheeky smile.

Myungsoo leaned towards him and whispered, "What are you doing?" 

"Being a girl," Sungjong cutely said.

"Ok, Sungjona," Myungsoo couldn't help himself. He smiled, biting his bottom lip. He took his purse out and paid for the teddy. Both of them walked into the next section and took their places.

A little girl walked up to them and just stood there looking. Myungsoo and Sungjona shared a look then looked back at the girl.

"Oppa, are you dating this unnie?" The girl asked, staring at Myungsoo.

Myungsoo nodded, not knowing what to do.

"I guess she is better than me," the little girl said. "You two make a cute couple. Unnie, take care of this oppa. He is really good-looking," she advised and walked away.

Myungsoo started laughing and Sungjona joined in.

"She thought I was a girl," Sungjong laughed harder.

"Who can blame her? You do look like one!" He giggled.

 

The day passed by with laughter and enjoyment.

Sungjong and Myungsoo decided to leave at seven pm so they can make it to London eye just on time.

They got into the taxi and told the driver to take them to Central again.

They silently sat there like the last time.

 

They got off and walked towards the big thing. Boys whistled from behind them.

"Look, you're causing a lot of attention," Myungsoo smiled.

"Shut up!"

They got into one of the carriers and sat opposite each other.

"This is going to be so cool." Myungsoo spazzed.

The carrier took them up, and then stopped. They weren't at the top up high enough to see the beautiful colour lights of the city.

"This is so cool," Sungjona said.

"I know, right?"

"You know, I read somewhere that people who view this site together would become lovers," Sungjong pointed out.

"Yeah! I read that as well. But, don't worry. I already love you," Myungsoo grinned.

Sungjong's eyes widened. Then he realized what he actually meant. "I love you as a brother, as well," he pulled on a weak smile.

"Oh, let's say our good byes, now as well. Bye," Myungsoo lightly smiled. 

"Ah... uhm, goodbye," Sungjona replied. 

"I prefer you as a girl, you know," Myungsoo teased, changing the subject. 

"Shut up!" 

 

It was getting dark, and the time neared nine. They had to get to reach the camp by 10. They quickly got off and changed out of their costumes and got into the taxi. The driver was really confused. He didn't understand how the boy from the start was back.

They reached the camp just in time for the announcement.

"Well guys, I have to admit something. The hall wasn't really flooded; it was something I planned to get you guys to confess your feelings. Then I realized you may not have feelings for each other yet. So, it was all a lie! Be happy, guys! You aren't going to say goodbye!"

 


A/N: I'm sorry, guys. For saying this is going to end. I needed you guys to have a similar shock as the people in the camp! hehe! I'm so sorry! 

And to the people whom I said I'm going to make a squeal, it's true. I am going to make a squeal but not now! xD You see Myungsoo still hasn't confirmed his feelings for Sungjong yet. -_-! Why is Myungsoo always late? Aigoo! Anyways, i hope you enjoy this chapter and I'm sorry again (this time it's for the mistake -_-)!