#3 Jealous or Personality

Can't Be Changed

 

Myungsoo waited, leaning over the bed Sungjong laid on, as he examined Sungjong’s face.

Sungjong’s eyes flickered open and Myungsoo, quickly, straightened.

“Yah, you ok?” Myungsoo questioned. His eyes full of worry but he stayed distant.

Sungjong pulled on a weak smile and nodded. “Thank you for carrying me”, Sungjong did a small bow with his head and tried to get into sitting position.

Myungsoo got up to guide him. He placed one hand on Sungjong’s back and the other on Sungjong’s arm.

The nurse walked in. “Oh Sungjong-ah, you’re awake?”

Sungjong turned to look at the nurse as Myungsoo released his arm, sitting back down.

“You may go back to your cabin now. I bandaged your leg so you will be able to walk by tomorrow but until then, you have to use crutches”, the nurse looked around. She took her glasses off and scanned the room once again.

“Is there a problem?” Myungsoo asked.

“Well, I can’t seem to find the pair of crutches I put down somewhere here”, she answered.

“Oh, the manager said he needed them”, Myungsoo realized what was happening and sighed. “Don’t worry, I will take him to the cabin”, Myungsoo cooled.

“The manager?” Sungjong whispered, clicking onto what has happened.

Myungsoo looked at him and tilted his head then looked back at the nurse.

“Could you help him onto my back?”  

“Sure!”

“Are you sure? I mean I think I can walk now”, Sungjong questioned.

“No you can’t. You twisted your leg as you fell. If you didn’t then this would’ve been a lot easier”, the nurse laughed.

“There you go and I don’t mind”, Myungsoo gave Sungjong a warm smile.

The nurse helped Sungjong onto Myungsoo’s back and he took off.

Sungjong rested his cheek on Myungsoo’s shoulder and took it off again, realizing what he just did. He then moved it his face to the other shoulder then moved to back to the other side.

“Stop moving, already”, Myungsoo shook his head.

“Sor-”

“Sungjong-ah?” a female voice tensed Myungsoo. However, he didn’t stop but the girl caught up and it was Mi Jin. “Is he asleep?” He asked Myungsoo.

Myungsoo’s eyes widened then he turned to look at Sungjong, who was lightly snoring.

A little smile formed at the edge of his lips and he nodded, in response to Mi Jin’s question.

“What happened to him?” She whispered, ensuring she didn’t wake him up.

“He fell”, Myungsoo replied with a dull tone.

“Really? I will come to visit once he has woken”, she said before walking away.

“Who wants her to visit?” Myungsoo said under his breath.

“Don’t be so rude”, the sudden voice frightened Myungsoo.

“I thought you were asleep?” Myungsoo grinned at Sungjong’s sly mind.

“Well, if I was awake she will cause such big scene so I just pretended”, Sungjong smiled.

Myungsoo laughed.

They reached their cabins and Myungsoo placed Sungjong down on his bed.

“I’m going to take a shower, ok? Then I will get dinner for the both of us”, Myungsoo said before walking into the shower.

Sungjong laid on his bed thinking about what Myungsoo said in the car. I don’t. I just don’t like seeing others hurt. He wasn’t asleep, just closed his eyes due to pain.

‘Doesn’t Myungsoo care at all?’ Sungjong wondered to himself.

He heard a light knock on the door. Using the small table, beside his bed, as guidance he hopped towards the door.

He opened it to see Mi Jin with a plate full of food in one hand and crutches in the other. “Oh, Mi Jin-ah”, he said.

“Sungjong, I brought dinner and your crutches.”

“Why is there only one?” Sungjong asked, taking the pair crutches in.

“What do you mean?”

“Myungsoo? He needs a plate as well. Could you get one for him, please?” Sungjong asked, politely.

“Oh, sure”, she forced a smile and left after giving Sungjong his plate.

Sungjong put the food on the table and used his crutches back to his bed.

Myungsoo walked out the shower. “How did you get the food?” Myungsoo questioned.

“Oh, Mi Jin”, he replied.

“What about me?” He asked, his tone wavered a little.

“S-”

“What? She can only remember you? Argh, forget it. I will get it myself”, he walked out without letting Sungjong finish.

“She said she will bring one for you”, Sungjong whispered looking down.

He looked at his food then decided to wait for Myungsoo to return so they can eat together.

He heard another knock. He quickly, using his crutched, went over to the door.

“Mi Jin? Myungsoo went to get his own food. No need for this set. Sorry for the hassle”, Sungjong bowed an apology before shutting the door on her face.

He sat back down on the bed and looked at the clock. It was getting late and Sungjong was starving.

 

Myungsoo walked into the cabin, an hour later.

“Where is your food?” Sungjong asked.

“Oh, I ate it in the canteen”, he said before getting into bed.

“Oh?” Sungjong whispered and began to eat his food.

“You waited? You shouldn’t have”, Myungsoo said.

“I thought you were coming back”, he whispered.

“Ah, I’m going to bed”, Myungsoo said before pulling the blanket over his head.

 

Sungjong finished and washed his hands and mouth in the bathroom. He laid, not tired, on his bed.