#6 Exploring the Camp

Can't Be Changed

“I hope you have a good summer with your new partner. Thank you, for showing me respect whilst I stayed with you. Annyeong.” Sungjong walked on. He didn’t turn back, just walked. Questions, that had no answers to, flew in and out of his mind. He let out a big huff of breath as he walked into his ex-camp room. He looked around as beautiful memories he created with Myungsoo came running back. Tears started to swell at the bottom of his eyes.

After packing everything, he walked towards the door to see Myungsoo and Eun Mi heading his direction. Something burned within him. He quickly got out and ran off.

He arrived at his new camp-site. There was so much greenery on this side and Sungjong loved it. He stood there staring at the green grass, in the distance, covered in flowers. ‘Why wasn’t I aware of this place?’ he wondered.

“Sungjong-ah,” a low whisper hit him.

Sungjong looked down to see Mi Jin. “Mi Jin-ah,” he pulls on a smile. “Have you seen this place?” He asked, curious.

“Ehr, I have been staying here for a while Sungjong. And who would miss such sight?” She stated, laughing.

Sungjong hits his forehead with the palm of his hands. “So stupid. Of course,” he joined in with the laughter.

“Want to go in?” She asked.

Sungjong just nodded in response. “I’m glad I moved out,” he lied.

Mi Jin just smiles in return.

“What was out challenge for today?” Sungjong questioned.

“I have no idea. We will go to the manager after unpacking to find out, ok?" She suggests. 

"Sounds good," he grins. 

The two unpacked his clothes. Then, walked towards the manager's office. They knocked on the door before entering. 

"Come in," a voice called. "Oh, Sungjong and Mi Jin, is it? What brings the two of you here?" 

"Um, the challenge? What's the challenge for today?" Mi Jin shook her head. 'Why is he so lost?'

"Oh, well the others are on a challenge to explore the camp because tomorrow's one is associated with that."

"Oh, that would be nice. Mi Jin, we can explore that greenery place," Sungjong grew excited. 

"Yes, we can. Let's go! Thank you manager-nim," she said before leaving with Sungjong. 

Sungjong seem to be trying to keep his sadness out of his mind. He repressed his memories of Myungsoo away and focused on staying happy with his new partner. 

They walked, in silence, up the hill. Neither of them wanted to say anything. Sungjong was scared the topic would change to Myungsoo and Mi Jin was worried about starting a topic about Myungsoo. Why is Myungsoo getting in everyone's brains today? 

 

On the other side of the camp, Myungsoo and Eun Mi were heading towards the river area. Eun Mi always wanted to go there but never go to due to her father's conditions. 

"Have you been here before? Like to the camp?" Myungsoo asked out of curiosity. 

"Well, yes. Twice before," she said. 

"Oh, no wonder you know this place. I didn’t even know there was a river here." 

Eun Mi laughed. 

"What's so funny?" Myungsoo's voice seemed a little confused. 

"Nothing," she replied as she bit her lips.

He shook his head and rolled his eyes at her. 

They reached the river side and stood there is shock. The calmness of the water flowing smoothly across made it just that extra bit interesting. The reflection of the cloud-less sky shone through the sea. 

"This is just beautiful," Myungsoo breathed. 

Eun Mi couldn't reply, she was too dazed by the sight. 

 

Back at the manager's office, the manager was shocked. "Both of them said something similar? Is it just me or aren't they - I don't know - destined?" His voice echoed through the empty room. 

"They most likely are. I never seen such couple at this camp before," the voice over the phone spoke. 

"I never have seen such couple as well. Anyways, thank you for the information, Chin-Hwa! I will see you soon, then." 

He cut the phone and stared in to space. 'That kid is so good. He is supposed to be having fun at this camp but I made him to such an idiotic thing.' The manager sighed and continuing sitting in his office. 

 

"Wow," Sungjong whispered. His mouth didn't close. The sight was green-ness was just indescribable. They had the scenery of the entire camp. They stood on the tips of the hill covered with flowers as they stared down in wonder.

"Sungjong, let's sit." Mi Jin sat down and patted the space next to hers. 

Sungjong went down and started picking the daisies. 

"Can you pin the daisies together?" Mi Jin asked, noticing his act. 

Sungjong nodded, "Quite well. Do you want a crown?" 

Mi Jin smiled, "Yes please, prince." 

The sweet laughter of both Sungjong and Mi Jin filled the air. 

Sungjong clear-fully attached each daisy by its stem. Then made a ring and placed it on Mi Jin's head. 

"Wow, you made one as well? I didn't know the princess can do this," he smiled. 

She giggled and placed it on his head. "I never said I couldn't. Don't underestimate the princess, she is strong you know." Mi Jin made a fist and made a cute expression. 

"Aigo, the princess is so cute," Sungjong said as he pulled her cheeks. 

"Ow, that hurts!" She pouted. 

"Not so strong, are you?" He shook his head. 

She glared at him then began to pull his cheeks just as hard. 

"Oh, oh, let go! You're strong! You're strong!" He repeated in pain. 

"Gosh, and you call yourself a man," a voice said from behind them. Sungjong and Mi Jin turned at the sudden noise and saw Myungsoo and Eun Mi standing there. 


A/N: /sigh. I finished all my exams! Yay! xD I had Psychology today and I'm sure I did well. 

I was about to take the day off and update tomorrow but I felt so bad. I didn't update for... I don't know how many days and I didn't want to keep you guys waiting. I realized I haven't had any challenges lately, just so much drama! Starting from challenge 7, you will see some action! XD 

Oh, one more thing, I'm going to write a Myungjong one-shot for deliberatemistake's contest so I might not update this as frequently as I promised. However, I would try my best to work on both this and that! xD 

Thank you so much for your patient! 

- Thenuja xD