#3 Listening In

Can't Be Changed

 


Then, all of a sudden, Sungjong tripped. He let out a cry of pain as he landed, face first, on the rocky, hard pavement.

Myungsoo turned around and ran over to Sungjong.

“Aigo”, Myungsoo shook his head as tried to get Sungjong up.

“No”, Sungjong protested.

“Get up”, Myungsoo pulled.

“It hurts”, Sungjong cried as Myungsoo crouched down. Sungjong looked up at Myungsoo with tearful eyes. His face consisted of scratches; some deep and others not so much.

“Omo”, Myungsoo blinked a few times. “Are you ok?” Myungsoo asked.

Sungjong couldn’t answer, the pain was too much. Myungsoo looked around for help but he couldn’t find any. He got out his phone and called the manager.

“Yah! Come to the London Bridge, fast! Sungjong is hurt”, he demanded over the phone as he held Sungjong’s face up with one hand.

“You guys are probably just playing with me!” The manager teased over the phone.

“You think my voice sounds like it’s on teasing mode! He is extremely hurt so hurry up, for god sake!” Myungsoo shouted.

“Fine but if you are playing with me…” The manager’s voice trailed off.

“Bring the first aid box as well”, Myungsoo said.

“Meet me at some bus stop”, the manager said before cutting the phone.

“Aish, this manager. How are we supposed to get to the bus stop when you can’t even walk?”

Myungsoo stared at Sungjong whist he thought of an idea. He turned around, still crouching, and tried to get Sungjong to go on his back. Sungjong hocked his hands around Myungsoo’s neck.

Myungsoo stood up, “Oh, you aren’t as heavy as I thought.”

Sungjong didn’t reply. He just placed his chin on Myungsoo’s shoulder.

“Try to tangle your legs around my waist. You might fall, otherwise”, Myungsoo advised.

Sungjong tried putting his legs but they just hung there, lifeless.

“Don’t worry. I will do it”, Myungsoo sighed. “Just have a tight grip.” Myungsoo held onto Sungjong leg which made him let of a soft cry. “Ah, forget it. You are in too much pain to do anything.”

Myungsoo walked as slow as he can. He was afraid of hurting Sungjong, otherwise.

He finally reached to the nearest bus stop where the manager was waiting.

“You guys take your time, don’t you?”

“Shut up and open the door!” Myungsoo giggled under his breath at his rudeness.

“Yah, you will continue you punishment tomorrow!”

“Whatever. Just open the door.”

The manager opened the door, obediently, and Myungsoo turned around as placed Sungjong down on the seat. He got in through the other car door and helped Sungjong lean down on his lap.

“Pass the first aid box”, he held his hand out to the manager, whom place a white box with a green cross in the middle on his hand. He opened it and got some cotton buds out. He dipped it in some liquid medicine and dabbed it onto Sungjong’s wounds.

“Ou”, Sungjong whispered.

“I know. It might burn but it’s for the best”, Myungsoo pulled on a weak smile and continued.

The manager started the van and began to drive.

“Make sure you drive slowly, ok?” Myungsoo requested.

“How slow do you expect me to go? I never knew you cared about him so much!” The manager seemed to smile a little.

Myungsoo looked down at Sungjong to see if he heard but he twisted and Myungsoo’s lap, asleep.

“I don’t. I just don’t like seeing people hurt”, Myungsoo replied before continuing.

“I think he is hurt by his leg, as well”, the manager pointed out.

“I will take him to a nurse once we get to the camp”, Myungsoo answered.

“What other destinations do you need to visit?” The manager seemed really curious.

“We haven’t been to the London eye, Oxford Street and The tower of London.”

“Well, if Sungjong gets better by tonight then I will drop you two at the London eye. The site is great at night, you know!”

“Yea, I searched it up, a few years ago, and I was looking forward to it but Sungjong hurt himself”, Myungsoo pulled on a fake smile.

“Uhm, how come you didn’t fall? Weren’t you guys tied together by that rope?” The manager raised his left eyebrow.

“O-oh, about that… Um, we kind of took it off because it was irritating our hands”, Myungsoo lied.

“Yea, I believe you”, the manager shook his head.

 

They reached the camp and the manager helped Myungsoo put Sungjong on his back so he can be taken to the nurse’s office.

“Why can’t you help me again?” Myungsoo looked up at the manager.

“Because I don’t have strong muscles like you”, he put up his arms up.

Myungsoo rolled his eyes as he entered the room. Placing Sungjong on the bed, he let out a sigh.

“I thought he wasn’t heavy”, manager tiled his head in confusing.

“Yeah, he is-. Wait, how did you know I said that?” Myungsoo questioned.

“Oh, I attached a mice to your shirt whilst you guys slept”, the manager admitted.

“What? You knew we were going to get up late?”

“Yeah, duh!” he shrugged.

“And you knew we took our rope off? You knew everything from the start?

“Yeah!”

Myungsoo turned angry. “What? Isn’t that illegal?”

The manager sighed, “It’s not illegal if I already mentioned it.”

“When did you say such thing?”

“Oh, I didn’t say it. It is all on the information pack that I knew you guys won’t read”, he laughed.

“Aigo, why don’t you get back to spying?” Myungsoo said in a harsh tone.

“Hey, now listen. I didn’t mean to make you angry. I mean there was nothing to listen to. You were just evil to that poor dude who wanted to take pictures”, he smiled.

“Whatever.”