Parents

Can't Be Changed

"Ahhhhhhh! You're a girl?" Myungsoo and Sungjong screamed in each other's faces.

"I'm not a girl", they said together. 

"Then what are you doing in my cabin?" Myungsoo asked in a rude tone.

"I should be asking you the same question", Sungjong bounced back Myungsoo's rudeness.

"I can't live with a boy", Myungsoo crossed his arms over his stomach and looked grumpy.

"Neither can I. Let’s take this to the manager!" Sungjong demanded. They both stomped off to the main office.

"We will like to see the manager, now!" Myungsoo shouted. The lady in the reception nodded, scared. She took them into a room where a man sat with his feet on the table and a cigarette in his mouth. 

"Gosh, I hate that smell", Sungjong cried.

"Tell me about it", Myungsoo agreed. 

"Sir, this couple wanted to see you", the lady said. 

"We aren’t a couple", Myungsoo and Sungjong shouted in sync. 

"What is the problem?" The manager asked. 

"He is a boy and so am I so why are we paired together in the same cabin?" Sungjong explained. 

"Wait a second, what? Two boys in one cabin? I was very sure I didn’t make any mistakes", the manager said confused putting his leg down and destroying the cigarette in the ash tray which lay on the table.  

"Are you positive? Because we got put into the same cabin", Myungsoo complained. 

The manager checked his files, "Yah, aren’t you a girl?" The manager asked pointing at Sungjong. 

Sungjong shook his head violently, "I’m sorry in this picture I got you look like a girl so I got a bit confused."

"ARGH! I hate my dad", Sungjong shouted. 

"Is there any possible way to change our partners?" Myungsoo moaned.

"I'm sorry, this is an accident that can't be changed", Myungsoo and Sungjong looked down. 

"Could we go back home?" Sungjong questioned and then thought for a moment. "Wait, I can't. My dad will kill me if I go back", Sungjong frowned. 

"My parents will kill me", Myungsoo said. 

"Wait, you guys can't go back anyways. You entered, you have to stay. I'm sorry", the manager said. "It's just 2 months, adjust to it ok?" 

"2 month?" Myungsoo whispered. "DO you know how long that is?" He started to get louder. The manager just shrugged. 

Myungsoo rushed back to the cabin whilst Sungjong walked behind slowly. They both tried to avoid each other as much as possible. 

Sungjong walked in to see Myungsoo pushing his bed further away from Sungjong's. Sungjong went to help.

"Here, let me give you a hand", he said. 

"Don't. I don't need it", Myungsoo said rudely. Sungjong shrugged and sat on his bed where he just watched Myungsoo suffer. 

"Let me help! Do continue alone if you want a broken shoulder", Sungjong stated. 

Myungsoo looked the other way and continued. "I rather break my shoulder then let you help", he whispered. 

'Why is he so evil? What did I ever do wrong?' Sungjong thought, thinking hard. 

"I hate this ok? First I didn't even want to come here. My parents forced me because I'm 19 and don't have a girlfriend. I mean what the...? What find of excuse is that to get rid of their own kid? Then I get paired up with a boy that looks like a girl”, Myungsoo started.

"Hey, that's offending you know!"

"I don’t care. Stating the truth hurts sometimes. Anyways, that’s not even offending. Do you know what’s offending? Being put in the same room as you! That’s what’s offending. I mean are you gay or something? You walk, talk, complain just like a girl”, Myungsoo was very rude but he couldn’t control his anger.

Sungjong looked as he was going to cry. He ran out of the cabin leaving Myungsoo feeling bad. Myungsoo sighed he couldn’t believe he took that all out on that poor boy.

Sungjong sat on the swing that he found in the greenery. He put all this anger on the swing and started pushing himself harder. With Sungjong’s light weight, he went higher and higher. “Let’s try jumping off this”, Sungjong said to himself. He jumped off but it didn’t end as perfect as he expected it would. He ended up hurting his ankle. He couldn’t get up at all. He just sat there cursing the swing.

“Hey, are you ok?” Sungjong looked up to see a girl with black hair falling over her shoulder. Sungjong shook his head.

“I twisted my ankle and can’t get up”, he frowned.

“Oh, I’ll help”, she grabbed on to his hand and pulled him up quickly so he doesn’t feel any sort of pain. She grabbed onto his arm and he leaned against her. “Where is your cabin?” She asked.

“It’s down there somewhere. Number 13”, he said. She nodded and took him to his cabin. They walked in to see Myungsoo sitting on the floor, exhausted.

“I’m so-“, Myungsoo stopped after seeing the girl.

“Uhm, you share a cabin with a guy?” she asked Sungjong.

“It was a mistake. Don’t ask. I will explain some other time”, he frowned.

“Oh ok”, it was getting a little awkward.

“What happened to him?” Myungsoo asked trying to break it.

“Why do you care?” Sungjong snapped. Myungsoo just gave him a cut and turned away, starting to unpack.