#3 Orange Rope

Can't Be Changed

 

Myungsoo tied the orange rope around his hand then faced Sungjong to do the same to him.

Sungjong sighed, “Why do I have a feeling that manger is lying to us?”

Myungsoo looked up at Sungjong. “Why would he do such thing? Stop thinking too hard and let’s go. I want to get this thing over and done with”, he moaned.

“Got the camera?” Myungsoo nodded.

They began their walking.

“Why does manager-nim want us to suffer so badly?” Sungjong pouted as he dragged his sore legs.

“Tell me about it”, Myungsoo agreed. “Ok, so let’s figure out our first location”, Myungsoo stopped.

They both looked down at the sheet then looked up to see green trees that waved with the wind.

They heard the noise of a van, behind them. Myungsoo pulled Sungjong to a side, falling to the floor.

The car, unexpectedly, stopped in front of them. The windows were rolled down and they saw the manager smiling sheepishly.

“Yah, get on! I will give you a ride to your first location. I figured it’s really far from here”, the manager stated.

“You think?” Myungsoo got up, wiped himself down and got into the car, dragging Sungjong with him.

“So, any of you have internet of your phones?” The manager questioned. Both of them took their phone out making him laugh. “Go on to maps and search your first location. By the way, we are in surrey.”

He didn’t have to explain. Myungsoo and Sungjong quickly typed in surrey, with the hand that wasn’t tied, and then looked up at the manager.

“What’s our first location?” They asked, together.

“T- Wait a second, you figure it out!” The manager shook his head – he was almost fooled.

Sungjong rolled his eyes and became to search popular places in London.

“Oh, I got it!” He shouted after five minutes.

“Where? What? How?” Myungsoo questioned.

“Could you take us to the big ben, please?” The manager smiled at Sungjong’s request.

“It’s a long ride, guys so keep yourselves occupied”, the manager warned.

Myungsoo tapped Sungjong lightly and tilted his head. “Tell me!”

Sungjong showed him his search history and Myungsoo smiled.

“You are clever”, Sungjong laughed.

“We will look for the others for the time being”, Sungjong said. “And stop pulling. Typing with a left hand is difficult already”, he pouted.

“Work with it”, Myungsoo dully said.

They noted down the names of the five locations they will be visiting.

“Oh, I have to give the two of you train passes”, the manager smirked.

“I thought we had to travel by foot”, Sungjong stated.

“I lied but then pitied you so yeah”, the manager informed.

“You lied to us?” They said together.

“You two sure sound like twins, at times”, he laughed. “Oh, this ride wouldn’t last for another twenty minutes so keep doing what you were doing.”

 

Twenty minutes later…

“Ok, here are you train passes! Don’t lose them and don’t get lost”, the manager said before dropping them infront of the big ben.

Sungjong turned to see a giant clock in front of his. His mouth hung open from shock.

“That is one massive clock”, he whispered.

“Come on; let’s take a quick picture and go!” Myungsoo said.

Sungjong wasn’t listening to Myungsoo. He was deep into observing the details of the clock. The cream coloured broken folds suited the tip of the tower which had the bell. They could neither climb nor go inside yet Sungjong was fascinated by the way it was structured. The gold looking border around the clock made the whole thing stand out.

“Yah! Come on, let’s take this stupid picture!” Myungsoo shouted in Sungjong’s ear making him jump.

“Okok.” They stood close together. One shoulder pressed against the other.

Sungjong made a peace sign with his hand and smiled widely whilst Myungsoo took the picture with a bored expression on.

“Can we take more photos?” Sungjong asked.

“I will take the photos; you can pose if you want!” Myungsoo suggested.

“Fine.”

“We can’t do that”, he held up the hand that had the rope on it.

Sungjong frowned. “Oh yeah.” Then something clicked inside of him. “Hyung…” Sungjong put on his puppy dog eyes.

“Hyung?” Myungsoo scoffed. “Don’t dare call me that”, Myungsoo warned.

“Myungsoooo”, Sungjong decided to drag his name instead. “Could you plea-”

“No!”

“Please please please!” Sungjong pled as he widened his eyes and began to sway.

Myungsoo rolled his eyes, “remove that expression, already! I’m dying.” Myungsoo’s voice was full of sarcasm.

“Please!”

“Ok, shut up!” Myungsoo took a few more pictures, this time Myungsoo actually smiled in them.

“What is the next location?” Myungsoo wondered out loud.

“London bridge, remember?” Sungjong informed as he gave Myungsoo his phone because he ain’t good with orientations.

“We walk to some bus stop and catch the 344, apparently”, Myungsoo instructed.

“You led”, Sungjong said.

 

“I can’t believe there is actually a bus called 344”, Myungsoo exclaimed.

“Tell me about it”, Sungjong said.

“That’s my line”, Myungsoo glared.

“You didn’t make it!” Sungjong stuck his tongue out.

“Aigo, just kill me!”

They got on and people stared at their orange rope. Some whispered, ‘Is that an orange rope?’

“Are these people dumb? Haven’t they seen a rope before?” Myungsoo mumbled under his breath.

“It’s probably the first time they have seen a boy and a boy tied together with a rope”, Sungjong clarified.

“I didn’t ask you”, Myungsoo gave him a cut. “Let’s go and sit down.”

“I want to stand”, Sungjong moaned.

“Well, I want to sit so hurry!”

Sungjong rolled his eyes and sat beside him. He didn’t have a choice.

They sat there, in silence. Myungsoo got his phone out and began to plug his head phones in.

“Want to listen?” Sungjong accepted the headphones he was handing and pushed it into his ear.

“Nell?” Sungjong smiled.

Myungsoo nodded with a wide grin.

 

Fifteen minutes later…

“Oh, we have to get off here!” Sungjong suddenly said as the two were lost in their music.

They got off and looked to their left and right, wondering where to go next.

“Follow me”, Myungsoo said as he street view on Google map. “We are like four minutes away.”

“OMG! That’s massive”, Sungjong’s mouth hang open as he saw the bridge from afar.

“Well, nah!” Myungsoo shock his head. “Let’s take a photo”, he sighed.

“Can’t we go there, first?”

“No! The site from here is clear enough!”

Sungjong frowned with disappointment. “Fine but we are taking more than one photo!”

“Fine!”

Myungsoo took the photo as he stood next to Sungjong. This time, Sungjong made funny faces and held the camera once in a while so Myungsoo could do the same.

After handing the camera back to Myungsoo, Sungjong wondered, “Do you think the manager is still following us?”

“Nah, he is probably back at the cabin chillin”, Myungsoo answered.

“Then can we take this off?” He held up the hand that was joined with Myungsoo’s.

“Oh yeah. Clever”, Myungsoo smiled as he removed the rope.

It became all quiet.

Then, all of a sudden, Sungjong tripped and fell. He let out a cry of pain as he landed, face first on the rocky, hard pavement. 


A/N: Rushed and had so much do to so couldn't proofread. I'm sorry for my mistakes, guys!