Dying on the Inside

How to be Broken in Fourteen Days

I had enough. I had enough of Luhan banging on my door and yelling at me to open it. I just couldn't open the damned door. I really couldn't. So I didn't. And instead, I sat on my bed, hugging my knees tightly to my chest. My head was in between my knees as I was fighting the tears in my eyes. I didn't want them to fall. I couldn't let them fall. It was a long time ago but I promised myself that I wouldn't cry over him anymore. But it was kind of hard when I had all sorts of memories playing.

"Stop!" I screamed and the banging on the door stopped.

I heard Luhan move away from the door and closed my eyes enjoying the peace that coming from the outside. I started to curse at myself for yelling at Luhan like that but I wanted him to stop. Could I have done it differently? Yes but I didn't. Guilt started to take over me but I stayed on the bed not moving.
Maybe he would leave if I pretend to stay quiet.

Maybe, just maybe.

Somehow, someway I fell asleep during all that. My back was stiff from sleeping in a position like that. I looked up and sighed seeing the moon light filling my room. I looked at the clock on the dresser and sighed. It had been a while since the yelling at Luhan indecent and I still felt bad.

Maybe I should go and tell him that I was sorry.

After I get my body to move.

Yeah that should be fine.

I was still very much stiffly sitting on my bed when my door broke into two pieces. I screamed loudly and grabbed what was closest to me, my pillow, and threw it at whoever broke my door.

"Finally." A voice laughed.

I screamed again.

"Minseok! Stop screaming!" Baekhyun yelled at me.

"Well I wouldn't be screaming if you didn't break my door like it was a piece of cheese you, ." I shouted. "What are you doing here anyways?"

"Coming for you. Luhan called and said that you hid in your room and yelled at him. What's going on?"

I rolled my eyes and got up from my bed with much difficulty. "Nothing."

"This doesn't seem like nothing." He said putting his hands on his hips and narrowing his eyes. "Speak Kim Minseok. What happened?"

I sighed and shook my head walking out of the room and meeting a pair of doe eyes looking at me, his face was contorted into worry. "Minseok..."

I waved my hand and yawned, walking into the kitchen.

"Minseok." Luhan called out again. I turned and looked at the other. "I'm sorry."

"For? You didn't do anything. I shouldn't have yelled at you."

Luhan shook his head and smiled softly. "Don't worry about it. You were upset."

I nodded and turned back around, walking robotically into the kitchen. "Lu, where you here the entire time?"

"Yes." He said his voice soft and slightly warm.

"You should have gone home. I don't want to you to get tired from staying up.”

Luhan scoffed. "I had you to worry about. So I stayed." He paused for a moment. "Is everything going to be alright for you?"

I nodded. "Just give me a few hours."

The Chinese male nodded and slumped on the couch closing his eyes. Within a few minutes the other was out like a light.

"You know, be was really worried for you."

I jumped at the voice and glared at the other. "Don't yo have somewhere else to be, Baekhyun?"
The eyeliner queen shook his head and grinned childishly. "I don't. Channie is going to take me out later."

"Then don't you need to get ready?"

Baekhyun waved a hand and sat at the table. "Nah, I'll be fine." He started to play with his fingers before looking up. "What made you tell him?"

"To hell if I know. I just started talking."

The other nodded and his and looked to the couch where the Chinese male asleep. "They really do look alike."

"I know. Now enough. I already have Han running through my head. I don't want more of him."

"Sorry"

I laughed. "Sure you are."

"Hyung. I didn't mean to bring him up. I know how talking about him effects you. I was there for everything."

I puffed my cheeks in frustration. "Can you stop? Please?" I begged. "Its been a long time, I know but it still hurts."

Baekhyun stood up and walked over to me, hugging my body tight. He didn't say anything but held me.
I started to wonder to myself. How much longer was this going to go? Me being hurt over the same two people. I hated it but then I think anyone would hate it if it happened to them. Am I right?
Baekhyun left a little after that. He kept talking about wanting got get ready for his date with Channie. So it left me and a still sleeping Luhan on my couch. I had to fight the urge to go over and wake him up. He looked peaceful and I didn't want to disturb him from his long awaited sleep. So instead, I started to look over the papers that I had left the day before. Everything was now starting to make sense like it had before Luhan came in with all of his questions. 

---

Hours past and I was hungry and tired of looking at the same papers over and over again. Luhan slept like a log on my couch and I tried not to make a sound. I would glance at the sleeping figure ever so often and smile softly before I looked away, grumbling to myself how creepy I was being. I had a few pages left before I would be able to toss the pen over the table and do my happy dance.

"What are you doing?"

I looked up and Luhan sat up rubbing his eyes and yawning. He was seriously way too adorable for my liking. I sighed and looked back to my papers.

“Finishing what I had started.”

“Yesterday?”

I nodded and looked at the same word over and over again. I tried to fight whatever presense Luhan had so that I could finally finish what I had started.

“How long was I out?” he asked and I cursed in my head for the millionth time and looked up again. Luhan was staring at me with this look on his face that was hard to decipher.

“For a while. Are you alright?”

Luhan nodded. “I-I just had a strange dream that’s all.”

I cocked a brow but said nothing about it. “There’s food in the fridge if you’re hungry. I have to finish this so excuse my behaviour for a bit.”

The Chinese male nodded and wandered over before stopping. “On second thought, I best be going home right now. I have to… do something.”

I nodded not really paying attention to him leaving.

“I’ll see you later.

A few seconds later, the front door closed and I was left alone. Looking up, I blinked before sighing and getting back to work. Whatever was on Luhan’s mind, he would tell it to me later.

I hoped.

---

It was few days before I saw Luhan again. The other male looked like a train hit him again and again. It wasn’t just the fact that he looked like that  but the way he carried himself. It looked like something was wrong with him. It didn’t matter how many times I would ask him the same question if he was alright, he would just brush it off like it was nothing.

Maybe it was nothing but the way Luhan was acting was scaring me. It was like he wasn’t there most of the time and it was scary. Who replaced the hyper and kooky Luhan with this… person. I can’t even describe him.

That’s how strange it was.

It was earlier that Luhan dragged me out to get bubble tea. I had no idea what was so good about the sweet drink. It was just a sweet drink but Luhan seemed to like it a lot so I didn’t say anything. Instead I just watch him drink his drink and fidget around.

“Speak, what is wrong?” I asked. “And don’t you dare say that it’s nothing. Something is bothering you.”

Luhan stopped drinking and looked at me. His eyes were wide as he gulped. “I-It really is nothing Minseok. I promise.” He smiled but I caught the fakeness behind it.

“It’s something. I can see the way you are looking at everything.”

He sighed and ran his fingers through his hair. “It really is nothing. Just an internal battle I am having with myself. “

I nodded slowly not really believing him but not pushing it further. It really did look like something he was dealing on in the inside. He didn’t have to tell but I wished that he did. I just wanted to help him.

Luhan smiled. “I promise that I’m fine.”

I looked at his smiled and noticed that it was real this time. Maybe I’m just imagining things.

Maybe.

After the tea, Luhan dragged the both of us to run it off at the local area to play soccer. With a smile, I ran around the field screaming like a five year old. I loved soccer. To fell the wind in my hair, the ball rolling by my feet, the smell of grass invading my nose was just perfect. I stopped running around and smiled at Luhan who just smiled and nodded at me. I looked at the other boy who seemed to be studying my every move. Something about the way Luhan was watching me made me feel self conscious a bit.

“Do you want to play?” I asked hoping that he would stop looking at me the way he was. Luhan nodded and kicked the ball I didn’t know he had.

And we played, for hours. Running around the field, pretending to pass the ball to other players, doing two person drills against each other. I was a lot of fun. I could tell that Luhan was enjoying himself as much as I was.

Every once in a while, we stopped to rest and to talk about the happening around us. Everything to be a peace then. So calm, so nice. There wasn’t a single care in the world that could have made this end.

Until that moment.

Luhan stood up and looked at me with those eyes of his. A couple of hours ago he seemed happy and saistfied with whatever was going on through his head. I could tell the look on his face that he wanted to tell me but there was something holding him back.

“Minseok.” He started looking away and sitting on the grass. He picked the green weed one by one before beginning again. “This is going to sound strange and maddening but I promise, I felt this before you told me your story.”

I froze. Please don’t say what I think you’re going to say. I don’t know how I’m going to handle something like this. Just please don’t say.

“I know that this is most likely the worst timing the in history of everything but please hear me out.” Luhan took a deep breath before looking up and at me. “When you told me the story about Luhan, the other me, I was shocked but I was sad. There was a part of me that wished you didn’t fall in love with the other and there was the other that was happy that you did. I didn’t know that I had such conflicting emotions about what I was feeling.

“The night when I fell asleep on your couch, I had a dream but it was more like memories, but it still was a dream. I had dreamt all the things you’ve done for me, all the things that we’ve done together. The times you made me laugh, the times you’ve made me smile. It had brought this feeling inside me that busted into happiness.  

“But it scared me because I never felt that way except for one person.”

“Sehun?”

Luhan nodded and looked away from me. Again he looked to the grass and bit his lip before speaking again. “I thought that I was going crazy. That’s why I had to leave. I didn’t know what to think. For the past few days, I’ve been thinking about all of this. Sehun’s death and how you were always the one who was trying to pick me back up. I thought it over and over again thinking that maybe it wasn’t true.”

He paused.

“But it is and I know now what that feeling meant.”

I took a deep breath before looking at Luhan with wide eyes. In my head I kept saying the same things over and over again.

Please don’t say it. I beg of you, please don’t.

“I don’t think it is close to the way I felt about Sehun but its pretty close.”

Please don’t.

“I like you, Minseok.”

You said it.


miki says: ajdhfwiwhadihe. EXO's back. Let me do a happy dance. Anywho, I hoped you enjoyed this chapter... and I have nothing to say! So I'm off now to do.. something? Don't forget to comment and subcribe if you haven't!! Until next time, y'all~

P.S. I didn't look this over so please excuse all mistakes. ^^ Bye Bee~