Day 11: go over to the other’s house and talk to them for a while

How to be Broken in Fourteen Days

 

I wasn’t sure if I was doing the right thing standing in front of Luhan’s apartment. I had been there before over the past week and a half but this was different. There really was something wrong with Luhan and I would have been a fool if I didn’t bug him about it. I know that it seemed like I’m being overbearing but I’m not. When Luhan does this, it’s best to make him say something before he goes insane. I remember this one time that he kept something bottled up for months until he finally collapsed, scaring everyone.

With a sigh and pushing my memories away, I rang the doorbell and waited.

“Who is it?” his voice came out a couple of seconds later.

“Lu, it’s me.”

“Minseok? . Give me a moment alright? I just got out of the shower.”

“Alright.”

I waited and thought back to the past couple of weeks. Maybe I was going to fast in the relationship, I mean this was his first relationship after Sehun died and maybe he was regretting something. I was so lost in my thoughts that I didn’t hear the door open.

“Minseok?” Luhan’s voice called out and I blinked, smiling some and looking at the younger. His hair was dripping wet with a towel wrapped around his neck. It looked like he had thrown on something quickly before coming to the door.

“Hey,” I replied dumbly. “I just wanted to check up on you.”

Luhan smiled softly but I noticed something.

The smile didn’t reach his eyes.

-

 “Do you want anything?” he asked as he motioned to the couch.

I sat and shook my head and sat down. “I lied. I didn’t want to check up on you. I wanted to see you but I also wanted to talk to you.”

Luhan paused his movements and stared at me. “About?”

I really looked at him and sighed, pasting on a fake smile. “I’m thinking about getting a pet,” I lied. “Although, I don’t know what to get.”

He blinked before smiling and laughing. “Really now?”

“Yeah. I don’t know if I should get a dog or something that’s not really high maintenance. What do you think?” I asked sitting back against the couch. Luhan sat next to me and curled into my side, throwing his legs over mine.

“I think that you should get a rabbit.”

“Or a ferret but that would force Chanyeol to come over more often.”

He giggled and wiggled his toes. “He would make excuses to see your ferret.”

“So maybe not a ferret.”

“A fish?”

“A beta fish?”

“I heard they are mean. Did you know that if you put two together, they fight until one of them is either dead or hurt?”

“That’s horrible.”

“They’re known as fighting fish.”

“That’s still horrible.”

He didn’t say anything. “Why are you thinking of getting a pet?”

I shrugged. “Just cause. I know that I have you but maybe getting something for the house will entertain me when you’re not there.”

Luhan laughed. “You think?”

“Maybe,” I said with a smile.

“Ooo, you should get a jellyfish.”

I looked at him and raised a brow. “You can have a pet jellyfish?”

He nodded and grinned. “You can. They’re called box jellyfish and they’re kind of cool to look at.”

I laughed and nodded, poking his cheek. “Maybe. I’m still thinking about it, though.”

“Well if you do think of one, then you would need something that’s you.”

I nodded again and ran my fingers through his hair and pressed a soft kiss against the crown of his head. He looked at me and smiled softly before reaching out and tracing my jaw.

“Now what is it that you really want to talk about?”

I raised my brow. “What makes you think that wasn’t what I wanted to talk about?”

Luhan said nothing for a moment. “Because I know you. There’s something else bothering you, isn’t there?”

I sighed. “It’s just work,” I lied again. “I promise. Now what’s been bothering you?”

He shook his head. “Nothing. Why would there be?” he asked and looked to the side.

It was there again. Something was bothering him and it was something that he wasn’t going to tell me. I didn’t know what else to do but to wrap my arms around his shoulders and pulled him in.

“Alright then.”

Luhan was quiet as he pressed a kiss against my chest softly. He pulled away and stood up before straddling my lap and sitting back down, wrapping his arms lazily around my shoulders. His smile was bright and beautiful that I thought I was seeing things when he thought I wasn’t looking. There was nothing wrong with Luhan. Nothing at all.

He pressed a soft kiss to my lips before peppering my entire face in kisses and tangled our fingers together. Everything about that moment was beyond wonderful and perfect. I wouldn’t have traded it for anything in the world.

-

I stayed at Luhan’s house a little while longer before I left. He led to me the door and smiled the brightest that I’ve ever seen. He pressed another kiss to my lips and waved, shutting the door. There was something in that kiss that broke my heart. It was like a goodbye kiss.

Thinking of it now, I wonder why I didn’t see what was coming the upcoming days. Something that would shatter my heart completely.  


miki says: here's part one of the double update. i need to change somethings before i put it up so expect it to be up in about an hour or so. XD