And Now (epilogue)

How to be Broken in Fourteen Days

I heard Sehun and Luhan finally tied the knot about a year after I had left. My spy gave me the insider and said something along the lines about Luhan not feeling right as well as wanting to talk to me about it. It was then that Jongin had told them that I was no longer in Korea which agitated both Luhan and Sehun when they heard the news (well according to my spy).

Jongin advised me to shut off my phone after that but I didn’t have the heart and sometimes, I would get messages from them asking how I was and when I was coming home. Those messages stopped after two years of no contact.

Jongin told me that Baekhyun and Chanyeol were pissed because I didn’t tell them where I had gone off too since I ended up forgetting to tell them. I had contacted them afterwards for a while but then I became busy with work and stopped talking to them. That was about two years ago as well.

It’s been four years since I’ve left Korea and an hour since I’ve come back. At the moment, I sit in a coffee shop and stare outside the window with a steaming cup of coffee in hand. My thoughts are going crazy and I hope that I won’t see the two people I don’t want to see. Jongdae came back to Seoul to see if anything could inspire him but I personally think that he just came back because he misses home.

Not that I minded.

But when we were at the airport, I was reminded why I didn’t want to come to Seoul and why I left in the first place.

They are here.

At least I think they are.

It was a moment before my phone started to buzz in my pocket. Setting down my coffee, I look at smiled at the screen. Jongdae finally found his muse and started to write again. I knew that it would be days before I would hear from him again.

Coming up with a decision, I stood up and left my cup of coffee on the table with a few bills for a tip and left. I want to look around to see if anything changed or if Baekhyun and Chanyeol still live in the same place.

And…they did.

Their house still looks the same, messy and clean. Well that was the front yard. I could totally tell which side was Baekhyun’s (the clean side with the nice potted plants that seem to bring the yard to life) and Chanyeol’s (the messy side with dirt and all sorts of sports equipment littered around). Yep, that was just the front of Baekhyun and Chanyeol’s house.

I hope the inside would look better than the out.

I walk up, careful not to mess anything up, and knock on the door. From where I was standing, I could hear people yelling and screaming. Not a few moments later, I hear a very faint “I’m coming” which sounds strangely like Baekhyun’s strained voice.

I got nervous as I stood there. How would Baekhyun react? I did just stop contacting them after a while and I could have been dead for they all know.

My gaze went to the ground in shame when the door opens and heard a gasp. Looking up very slowly, I could Baekhyun standing there like somebody slapped him. I smile sheepishly and raised my arm to wave when the door slams shut. I blink in confusion and before I could knock on the door again, it opens showing a still very surprised Baekhyun.

I open my mouth to speak but the door closes again and I my hip and cross my arms, glaring at the door.

It opens again with a still very shocked Baekhyun.

Did the door close again?

It did.

And I give up.

I sit on the floor, looking upwards and puffing my cheeks, waiting for Baekhyun to stop opening and closing the damn door.

“Baekhyun! What are you doing?” I hear Chanyeol yell. “It’s getting frustrating.”

Baekhyun doesn’t say anything as he opens the door again and stares at me with wide eyes. Before he could shut it this time, Chanyeol stops him and glares at this lover.

“What are you doing? We have guests over. Stop losing your mind.”

Baekhyun just points to me and Chanyeol follows his finger, angrily. But that was before he sees me sitting on the floor. I wave and smile softly. In my head, I start to count.

Three.

Two.

On-

“MINSEOK HYUNG!” Chanyeol screams on the top of his lungs and I swear my heart stops in that moment.

I get tackled by a giant and puppy to the ground and yelp when I hit the concrete. I can’t let out a laugh but a strained sigh as I try to push the two love birds off me.

“I can’t breathe.” I manage to say but sadly that didn’t get them off me.

 “Baek, Yeol. Get off the poor boy. He’s going to die with you on him like that.” a new voice came in.

Slowly, the two got off and I see the tears in Baekhyun’s eyes. I grab and hug the boy tightly in my arms and he starts to mumble something that I could no longer hear. He hits my back a couple times and it is then that I figured he is most likely cursing at me.

I look up and froze at the person who spoke.

“Luhannie, who was at the doo-“ Sehun stops when he sees a crying Baekhyun in my arms before looking to me. My gaze moves away from the two newcomers and pat Baekhyun’s back softly, his tears turning into soft whimpers as he holds my shirt.

“Since when did you turn into a cry baby?” I ask, smiling a bit.

“Since a jerk decided to stop talking to us,” Baekhyun mumbles. “Do you know how worried I was?” he screeches as he pulls away and starts to slap at my chest. “Don’t ever do that again, Seokkie hyung.”

I smile softly and nod.

Baekhyun gets off my lap and pulls me up but I was greeted with a fist to my face and once again I was on the ground, nursing my cheek. I look up to see a seething Chanyeol with tears in his eyes. He holds his fists to his side and his breathing is hard.

I scramble up quickly and grab his hands before he could punch me again.

“Yeol?”

“Hyung,” he whispers his voice cracking. “Don’t leave again. Please don’t.”

I nod and the giant smile kindly at me before pulling his hands away from mine. Baekhyun grabs my hand and pulls me inside, pushing both Luhan and Sehun away. He shoves me into a seat and takes another one, glaring at me.

“Speak.” he demands. “I want to know where you were. Jongin wouldn’t tell anyone where you went.”

“In the States. My writer wanted to find another muse and he took me along. I just didn’t know that I was going to be gone for four years.”

Baekhyun sits there and nods. “Who’s?”

“Kim Jongdae.”

“Are you back for good?” Chanyeol asks, taking a seat next to his lover. Sehun and Luhan sit next to each other, intertwining their fingers together.

I try to ignore it.

“Until Jongdae says he wants to leave again,” I reply with a wave of my hand. “He’s been taking me places and won’t leave without me, that silly boy.”

“How are you?” Luhan asks quietly in the voice that I missed oh so much. I try not to let the feelings of the past rush into me as I shakily turn to face the couple I didn’t want to face.

“I’m okay, you know? Same old, same old,” I manage to say in a stammer and Luhan nods, looking away.

Silence over took the house for a few short moments until my phone buzzed. I look at it grateful for its presence inside of my pocket, to see that Jongdae needed to see me.

“I have to go. Jongdae calls,” I say with a forced smile as I stand up. It wasn’t Jongdae but Jongin. I just wanted to leave wanted to leave the house and if seeing my not so secret spy was the trick, then so be it.

“Hyung, you’re not going to leave again?” Sehun calls out as I walk towards the door. I freeze when I hear his voice, shaking my head.

“I don’t know,” I say quietly, not turning around. I open the door but before I could step out, I stop. “I never got the chance to say this, Sehun, Luhan.” I hear my voice croak and I cringed. “And I’m three years late but congrats on your marriage. I’m happy for you.”

With that I left Chanyeol and Baekhyun’s house to meet Jongin. The stupid idiot wouldn’t stop blowing up my phone. I know I heard Luhan calling my name but I didn’t want to look back. I don’t want to show him the emotions that are running over my face.

Do I still love Luhan? I think so. They do say that you never really stop loving your first love maybe I won’t ever stop loving him but until then and the moment that my heart stops to hurt, then that’ll be the moment that I speak to them again.

Maybe it sounds like I’m running away and I might be but I’m trying to protect myself. Is protecting myself this way the wrong way? It’s been four years since everything happened and I’m still hurting. It may be silly but it is what it is.

But enough of this emotional thing. I bet you’re wondering what happened to the other Luhan. To this day, I don’t know. He’s still gone but I’ve given up. Maybe he’s out there somewhere safe and sound or maybe he’s dead and no one ever told me. There’s still a part of me that wants him to be alive and well and then there’s the other part that wants him to stay away forever.

Even after all this, I still believe in love but maybe I shouldn’t. Love is painful but love is amazing. Love makes you feel like you’re on top of world because you’re happy.

So was there a happy ending to my story?

I don’t know. You, dear reader, should tell me.


miki says: and that's it you guise... haha, not yet. the bonus chapter shall be up later but for now this is it, hint hint the complete button up top. XD i'll have my super cheesy author's note next chapter thing. ^^ (it's so strange seeing the complete up top. OTL)

(i'm sorry for mistakes and stuff)