Day 13: have a mental break down (it’s okay to)

How to be Broken in Fourteen Days

Luhan was no longer in my house when I woke up the next morning. Of course I knew what that meant as reality was cruel once again. So I laid in my bed not wanting to face the world but I had to. There was an important meeting that I had to attend with Jongdae in a few hours but I wasn’t sure that I would be ready for it.

So slowly I got out of bed and started to move around in my room.

I wasn’t expecting anyone to be in my house when I walked out into the living room but there was and I froze when I saw the familiar person standing there. I started to question why I knew who was there until I felt my eyes widen.

He reached at his back and started to claw at it like there was an itch.

There was only one person I knew that did that and he was supposed to be dead. Luhan’s words from yesterday came to mind.

He’s alive.

“Sehun?” I called out with a shaky breath and the person turned around. He smiled softly at me before waving.

“Hi hyung,” he said and that was all it took before I launched at him and punched him in the face causing the younger boy to end on the floor. He let out a cry and glared at me some before breaking out into a smile. “I deserved that.”

“Holy you’re real.” I said not fully believing he was standing in the living room. “You’re ing real.”

Sehun nodded and stood up, nursing his cheek. “Yeah I am.”

Opening and closing my mouth caused last night’s happenings started to make sense. I stared at Sehun with angry tears and pointed to my door. “Get out.” I said.

He looked startled for a second but shook his head. “No.”

“Get the hell out of my house.”

“No.”

“Now or I’ll call the cops on you for breaking and entering my house.”

“Hyung, pleas-“

“I don’t want to listen. Get out of my house.”

“Hyun-“

“GET OUT!” I screamed. “Get out, get out, get out!”

He took a step towards me and I shook my head, taking one back. “Hyung please.”

“Get the hell out.”

“Kim Minseok, please ju-“

“Get out.” I sobbed not knowing when the tears rolled down my cheeks. “Please just leave.”

Sehun shook his head and walked towards me, wrapping his arms around me. “I’m sorry hyung. I’m so sorry.”

I didn’t fight against him as I cried. My body wouldn’t move anymore and I couldn’t push him away like I wanted to. Instead I felt myself bringing him closer and feeling him to make sure that he was really real.

“They said that you were dead,” I nearly sobbed. “He brought the letter to the wedding and paper said that you were dead and that they were grateful for your service an-“

“Hyung, breathe please,” he said, rubbing his hands against my back. “Breathe.”

“You’re alive.”

When he pulled away from me, Sehun made me sit on the couch while he explained what happened. He said something about how he was really close to death and in a coma for a while before he woke. His funeral had past and he wanted to go to his friends and family telling them that his death was staged but he needed to complete his mission first. I couldn’t fully understand him because I was still in shock from him being alive.

“How did you tell Luhan?” I asked cutting off his story.

“Luhan was the one who found me. He hit me too,” he said with a laugh. “But it was nice to see him again.”

“I’m glad.”

“I also heard that the two of you are together,” he commented and I cringed slightly.

“Yeah, just a couple of weeks though but yesterday he was acting strange.” I thought for a moment then before narrowing my eyes and looking at Sehun. “What did you say to him?”

He opened and closed his mouth, shaking his head. “Nothing.”

“No you said something to him. What the hell did you say to him?”

Sehun sighed and ran his fingers through his hair. He smiled sadly and looked away from me. “I stopped loving him, you know. I know that he felt the same way but then you came along and then I knew that he was battling with feelings. I thought for a while that I should leave him alone and let him be happy without me but when he pounded on my poor a couple of days ago, I it happened.”

I felt scared and nervous but mainly scared. I remembered feeling my hands trembling and my heart pounding. I thought that it was something like Sehun and Luhan professing their love for each other so I wasn’t ready for the next words that came out of his mouth.

 “Hyung, I asked him to marry me again.” 

I stopped breathing for a moment and looked at him with wide eyes. My mouth was wide open and my eyes were wide as I choked. I could feel the tears bubbling in my eyes but I held them back to yell. “You did WHAT!?”

“I proposed to Luhan again. Like I sai-“

SLAP.

I never slapped a person before but it just happened. I felt nothing as I stared at my throbbing and slowly turning red hand. My hand was stinging and my heart was on the floor in broken pieces. Sehun’s cheek was bright red but his eyes were showing pity and sorrow.

“This that why he told me to hate him?” I managed to ask even though I felt myself breaking once more. “Was your proposal the reason why he came to me yesterday and begged for me to hate him?”

Sehun didn’t say anything but he didn’t need to. The look on his face gave everything away and I closed my eyes because I didn’t want to see his face anymore.

“You should leave.”

“Hyu-“

“Now.”

“Mins-“

“GET THE HELL OUT OF MY HOUSE.”

Sehun didn’t leave and my bedroom mirror became shattered pieces on the floor when I left the living room.


miki says: i'm pretty sure that was the most comments i've ever gotten on one chapter... oka well maybe not the most but pretty close. XD (i'm sorry to say that this has been planned since the very first chapter. speaking of chapters, i didn't say anything about it because i wanted to see if anyone else noticed it but no one did so i'm going to tell you. if you look at the first chapters minus the first interlude and before the days started, it tells you that sehun didn't die? i worded it funny, i know but it was an accident and i was too lazy to change it. it's the first word of the chapter names, by the way. XD) please pardon mistakes. i'm hungry and i haven't looked them over yet. also, please don't kill me. OTL