Day 5: invite them over for a homemade dinner and movie date

How to be Broken in Fourteen Days

I guess it was the end of the conversation with Luhan yesterday that made me invite the younger over for a homemade dinner and a movie. The only problem, though, is that I can’t cook very well and Luhan’s tastes were completely different from mine so I was clueless on how to do everything.

I stared at my kitchen with a blank expression and many thoughts on what to make for dinner. I drew a blank. I had no idea what to cook for the younger or just to cook in general. The thought of cake and cookies came to my head but those are pastries and not a meal.

I frowned and sighed, closing my eyes and rubbing my temples. I really didn’t know anyone that could help… My eyes flew opened and I grinned, running to my phone and dialing the person that I knew could help me.

-

“Hyung,” a voice whined when I opened the door. There were two people standing there with pouts and arms crossed. Their eyes were narrowed the more that they stood outside before the taller pushed his way in. “It’s been so long that I thought you forgot about me. Well us.”

“Tsk tsk hyung, that’s not a good thing to do to Kyunggie,” the other male said.

“I’m sorry, Kyungsoo,” I said wrapping my arms around the smaller’s shoulders. “I didn’t mean to forget.”

Kyungsoo snorted but hugged me back. “I’m sure that you didn’t. I’m sure that work has been tough.”

I smiled sheepishly. “It’s not work, Soo.”

“Did you finally get a boyfriend?” the other snickered and I looked away.

“Jongin stop it,” the doe eyed male said with a slap to the other’s chest. He pulled away and looked at my expression before he gasped. “You did!” he screeched. “You got yourself a boyfriend.”

Jongin laughed. “I was kidding but it happened?”

“I did.”

They both clapped their hands and Kyungsoo squeezed me tighter before letting me go and grinning happily. “I’m happy for you hyung!”

“I am too. What’s his name?”

And this was the part I was dreading because Sehun’s other best friend (yes you can have more than one) was Jongin. I wasn’t sure on how he was going to take the news of me dating Luhan but I it up.

“It’s Luhan.”

The both paused and Jongin furrowed his brows. “Luhan?”

“Luhan.”

“The soon to be Oh Luhan before he died?”

“Yes.” I answered quietly. “That Luhan.”

Kyungsoo stood there shocked, mouth opened and doe eyes wide. Jongin just stared at me. He opened his mouth to say something but then closed it. He didn’t say anything as he walked to my couch and sat down.

I sighed.

“You’re with Luhan?” Kyungsoo asked quietly.

“I am.”

The younger flashed a small smile. “Take care of him then, hyung.”

I smiled back softly. “I will, Soo. I will.”

-

Kyungsoo helped me make a lasagna instead of a Korean or Chinese dish, something about continuing the non Asian foods that we’ve been eating. Jongin on the other hand, continued to sit on the couch staring at nothing. I wanted to know what he was thinking but it was when they were about to leave that Jongin made his thoughts known.

“You know hyung, I thought about who you’re dating and I can’t say that I’m happy for you but then I’m glad that Luhan is moving on,” he said standing by the door with the handle in hand. He stared hard at the space where Kyungsoo was standing with his back to us and waiting for the younger to come out of the house. “Take care Luhan hyung, though. He’s the one person that I know that really deserves happiness.”

I stared at his retreating figure as he wrapped an arm around Kyungsoo’s waist. They waved to me before shuffling down the street, leaving me to my own thoughts.

Of course I knew then that there were going to be some people that weren’t happy with my decision to date Luhan but I didn’t care. I was happy for a while.

-

With my hands clasped together and simple but nice clothes on my body, I was ready for the in house movie/dinner date. The movie was to be picked when Luhan came and the lasagna was resting warmly in the oven, making the whole house smell like tomatoes and pasta.

Finally there was a knock at my door and I grinned excitedly. Like me, he stood there with a smile on his face. Luhan stepped through the doorway and flung his arms around me, laughing excitedly.

“I know what movie we’re going to watch!” he yelled out. “We’re watching The Hobbit: The Unexpected Journey.

I laughed and pressed a soft kiss to his temple without realizing it. He pulled away from me, his face slowly turning red. It took a me a couple of seconds before I knew what I had done and not a couple of seconds later my face was starting to turn red also.

Luhan smiled and pressed a kiss to my cheek and bounced in. “What are we having?” he asked walking to the kitchen. “It smells good.”

“Lasagna. Kyungsoo helped me make it because I wasn’t sure on how to. I didn’t want to blow up my house or make you sick.” I replied following the younger still with a red face.

“Oh?” he turned around with a raised brow.

“Yeah because the last time I made lasagna, Baekhyun wouldn’t let in the kitchen for a week.”

The younger laughed, holding his hands. “That sounds like something that Baekhyun would do.”

“Doesn’t it?” I snickered.

Luhan grinned and went towards the TV in the living room. He found the remote on the side table and the device to start looking for the movie. While he did that, I served the two of food and something light to drink. Neither one of us were heavy drinkers so it was easy to pick out something.

With plates in hand, I walked to the living room to find both my side tables in front of the couch and Luhan sitting down, looking at the TV.

“Find it?” I asked, setting down on of the plates in front of him and the other on the table beside him.

“Yeah, just let know when you’re ready to watch it.”

“Let me get the drinks and then we can start.”

-

Our eyes were trained to the movie in front of us and our mouths were filled with lasagna and light wine. We watched as Bilbo Baggins became the single hobbit on the quest to give the dwarfs back their home under the mountain.

“Rivendell!” I shouted.

“Oh the elves.”

-

“He found the bloody ring,” Luhan hissed. “And now everything starts.”

“What Thorin said was pretty harsh,” I commented.

“Well he had it coming.”

-

With the tables pushed forward and the wine glasses empty, we were sprawled on the couch Luhan in my arms as we finished the movie. We watched as flames lit the screen and giant eagles flew around, saving the dwarfs.

“This is a good movie,” I commented not taking my eyes off the screen. “I’m glad that you picked it.”

“I am too. We have to watch the second one pretty soon.”

"The Desolation of Smaug, right?"

"Yeah."

The eagles on the screen finished dropping off everyone on what looked to be a cliff when I tighten my hold around Luhan’s waist. He interlocked our fingers but kept his gaze forward with a small smile on his face. I couldn’t help but to smile as well.

-

The movie was long done but our position was somewhat the same. The only difference was that Luhan was facing me and not the blank TV. His fingers were tracing my face as I playfully nipped at them. His expression was soft and playful with every moment that passed.

I wasn’t sure if it was alright since we only had been dating a few days but I couldn’t help it. The moment was too perfect and I could feel Luhan’s breath on my lips.

Slowly I leaned forward and pressed my lips against his. His lips were soft and plush against mine as they slowly molded together. Our lips moved together gently and sweetly. There was nothing about the kiss that was fast, passionate and sloppy but instead it was calm and sweet like candy.

Luhan pulled away with a red tint in his cheeks but a smile that I wouldn’t have traded for the world then. Everything felt so right.

So right.


miki says: let's not ask my i put the hobbit in here. let's not. i mean, the first movie has rivendell and i love rivendell. i just love elves. OTL (maybe listening to the desolation of smaug soundtrack wasn't the best idea) i'm sorry that this is late, by the way, my stomach has been hurting part of yesterday and early this morning. i haven't been in the best shape, so i'm sorry.

and in other news... well i don't have other news. i know that this is fluffy right now but once it hits day seven, it's not going to be so think of this as the calm before the storm.

/feels evil.

i checked for mistakes (i did what?) but i'm not sure if i caught them all so like always, please paron mistake you find! now excuse me, i'm going to finish a one shot that's frustating me.

bye! (here have rivendell just because)