Oh The Pain (Present Time)

How to be Broken in Fourteen Days

It wasn’t even two weeks after that when the funeral happened. I have never seen Luhan’s eyes so bloodshot, so red. He looked horrible but I felt worse. Yes Luhan was going to marry Sehun but I knew him longer. The little runt was like family to me. This news was the worst.

That day, I could remember the letter and reading it to Sehun’s family. I could and can still see Mrs. Oh’s face. It went from a healthy color to deathly pale within two seconds. The screams and cries from his family were the worst. I didn’t think that anything could have been as painful as this.

It had been two years since then.

Two hard years. Like pulling out my hair hard years.

Everything since then has changed. Luhan barely comes out of his apartment, Sehun’s parents have disappeared. It is like the whole world suddenly became blank and dark.

So now here I am walking to Luhan’s apartment, trying to get him out of the damn apartment as I like to call it. I’m trying to be a good friend but it’s not really helping very much.

I saw the building a few steps away and sighed, looking up before walking in. Each step I took, was getting slower and slower. It had been a few weeks since I last saw Luhan. Maybe this time he’s doing better.

I rapped my knuckles on the door frame before it swung open and Luhan glared at me. His once honey blonde hair was now an ugly, dull brown. He had large bags under his eyes and blood shot eyes. His cheeks were hallowed and unhealthy looking, just like his vampire pale skin. Luhan looked sick.

“Lu.” I called out sadly.

“What do you want?” he snapped suddenly opening the door wider, leaving to the couch.

I sighed and walked in, following the other boy and moved some of his things off the couch. “I came to check up on you.”

Luhan snorted and rolled his eyes. “I don’t need anyone to check up on me.”

I sat next to him and leaned back. “That you do need. Lu, it’s been two years. It’s time.”

“No. It will never be time.”

I fiddled with the hem of my shirt but looked at the now fuming owner. “It’s time Lu. You need to let him ago. Please, let him go.”

“No!” he screamed loudly. “I can’t let him go. You can’t make me.”

I sighed again and shook my head. “You have to. It’s killing you. I mean look at you Luhan. You look horrible. This place looks horrible.” I motioned to the living room. Bags and bags of unwanted things littered the area. Luhan’s clothes were all over the place as beer can and soju bottles. There was nothing left of the nice and clean place I once knew.

“Then stop coming here. If you don’t like what you see then stop coming here!” he yelled.

I growled and stood. “You’re not the only one that lost something that day, Luhan. Not even close.” I said my voice getting deathly low. The Chinese male looked at me with wide eyes. “I lost my best friend that I have known since I was little on that very day but do you see me like this? I’m trying my hardest. I’m trying to move on. It’s hard but I’m sure as hell trying. Sehun would not want this. He could not want you to be like this.”

I stopped when I saw my vision getting blurry. Angrily I closed my eyes, trying to stop the tears from falling as I my heel.

“Fine, I won’t come back.” I said with every word stabbing my chest. “I’m sorry to have bothered you.”

With that I left, only stopping to look at the knob. I could hear Luhan’s sobs coming from the living room. I had to fight the urge to go back and hug him. I fought really hard.

I slammed the door to his apartment without trying as I walked out of the building. It would be a long while before I would come back here. I could feel it.

My feet carried me to the only place that it really liked. The park. The same park where Sehun asked Luhan to marry him, the same park where I spilled out my guts to Baekhyun and Chanyeol about China. It was like a safe haven for us. The good and the bad happened here.

I found a bench and sat, stuffing my hands into my pockets. I felt something hard and cold, wrapping my fingers around the cool metal. I pulled it out and looked at the silver chain and deer. Running my thumb over the deer, I smiled bitterly before closing my hand around it.

“What would you do, Han?” I asked the air.

I sighed and dangled the necklace, staring at the piece of jewelry for a long while.

“Minseok?” I heard a soft voice call out.

I closed my hand around the necklace and stared straight. “Yeah?”

Luhan sat next to me and leaned on my shoulder. “I want to move on.” He said slowly. “Please don’t leave me anymore. Please.”

I sighed and laid his head on my lap as I ran my fingers through his hair. “Okay.”

“Thanks.” He said, smiling just a bit.

“You’re welcome Lu. You’re very much welcome.”

He hummed as we stared at nothingness, the silence eating our words.


miki says: I know it's short but it's supposed to be. I pinky promise. The next chapter should be longer like a lot longer. A whole bunch of information is going to be there. I'm not going to spoil it so just wait. ^^