Of Course I Can… Can’t

How to be Broken in Fourteen Days

It was three days later when I heard the doorbell ring. I knew it wasn’t Baekhyun because the younger would just barge into my house like he owned the damned place but he didn’t. I did.

With a sigh, I pushed everything in front of me away and stood up, walking to the door. I peaked outside using the window and opened the door in shock. I wasn’t expecting Luhan to be here at all and he attacked me. First he punched me and started screaming in Chinese and calling me all these names that I couldn’t understand.

“You stupid idiot! Why didn’t you tell me!?” Was the only thing I understood out of all the Chinese he spoke as he pushed me. I had to hold back a laugh when I looked at his face. It was entirely red as he bit his lips. He wouldn’t meet my eyes as he punched before pushed me. I winced in pain and frowned this time.

I sighed and shook my head letting the younger hit me again. I had nothing to say plus I had no idea how to face him. Luhan being here made everything seem a little worse than normal because he knew now. I felt like he was just going to stay next to me when in fact he was uncomfortable around me. I didn’t want that. I wanted Luhan to stay with me like he wanted to and not like it was some type of job too. Just thinking about that made me seem even more depressed than I already was.

It took a while for him to calm down as I moved towards the couch and sat. He stared at me with those eyes of his before they narrowed down. “How long?” he asked.

“Since the beginning of high school.”

Luhan’s jaw dropped and his eyes bugled out. “That long?” he squeaked and I nodded.

“I thought that going to China would stop it but it didn’t. Not with Han there. It just made everything worse.”

It was silent for a moment as Luhan took that small information in. He seemed to understand even though I knew that he didn’t. I looked away and to the table where all of things were, messily. I had to finish doing my work before my boss ate me and Luhan being here wasn’t helping.

The Chinese sighed after a while and plopped down next to me. “How long were you with the other me?”

“A year?” I said thinking before leaning back into the couch. “It was a year and the best year of my life.” I smiled at the thought. “Han was cheesy, like really cheesy. No matter what he did or said, that boy was just pure cheese.”

“And you loved him.”

I nodded. “With all my heart. It hurt when he disappeared.”

“When did he leave?”

“On our year anniversary.”

Luhan flinched and I chuckled bitterly.

“Tell me the rest.”

I blinked and sighed pushing myself into the couch, kind of hoping to hide myself. “Fine.” I finally said. “When to when?”

“The day he left.”

Flashback Start

Minseok stuffed his hands into his pockets and stared at the mirror in front of him. He really hoped that everything would go right. It was almost their year anniversary and he couldn’t believe it. There was still a part of him that didn’t want to trust it. Everything about Han made Minseok’s heart flutter in ways that Luhan never made his.

But he didn’t care. Minseok was happy very much happy. And there was nothing bad that was going to happen to stop this day from getting any better.

Yesterday, he had gotten a message from Han saying to meet him in special place. He had something set up for them to celebrate their relationship and to be honest, Minseok was excited. He didn’t care that Han was most likely the cheesy person he has ever met but he had some of the most original ideas for dates like traveling to an underground cave to have a picnic and make Minseok count in Chinese.

The Korean boy chuckled at the thought. He’s been in China for over a year and he still didn’t know Chinese very well. He sounded like Tao trying to learn Korean. The Chinese panda stopped learning it three months after Minseok got here. It was too hard for him… well that is what he says.

Minseok laughed to himself before he skipped to get something to drink. He was just happy. Like really ing happy. Everything about this day was going to go great and perfect.

He happy boy paused for a moment before frowning. He totally forgot to get something for Han. With a sigh, the Korean boy hurried out the door not caring if he was still in his pajamas for the whole world to see. He just really needed to get a present for the one he loves.

Minseok looked around for a while, not finding anything that screamed Cheng Luhan. That was until he came across a little shoppe. Outside it looked like any other place but once inside it seemed magical. Quite literally. There were faeries and other little mythical creatures around. All kinds of different trees stood inside of the shoppe as well as woodland creatures. He looked around for a moment before his eyes landed on a perfect figurine.

Minseok’s smile became so wide that it hurt.

The figurine was of a small deer. The chocolate brown animal stood up straight with its head in attention. It was simple but it was perfect. Minseok thought for a moment. It’s not the typical present one would someone for their anniversary but a deer had a special meaning to the both of them. A deer to them meant pure love. The Korean boy smiled at the thought as he slightly remembered the day Han had asked him to be his a year ago.

They were sitting in a park after one of their dates. Minseok had insisted of feeding the deer that were wandering around. Han did warn the other that deer’s were actually mean creatures but of course he didn’t listen and proved Han to be right.

The moment that Minseok walked up to a deer, it stared at the boy before running towards him a bit and running away.

He could remember Han laughing in the background before walking up behind Minseok and holding the older’s hand out with treats. Minseok smiled brightly when a bambi came up and nibbled the food from the Korean’s hand.

It was that moment that Han had asked Minseok to be his.

Minseok couldn’t have been happier that day when he said yes.

So to get this little figurine for Han would fit everything that day perfectly.

Minseok thanked the shoppe owner and walked to the special place that Han and he had. It was the same park where he had fed the deer. The same park where Han asked Minseok to be his.

He sat on a bench and waited for the other to show up. Minseok was excited to give Han the little deer he had. He looked down to the silver packaging and smiled to himself.

Soon it was thirty minutes and there was no sign of Han anywhere.

Thirty minutes turned into an hour.

An hour turned into three.

Three hours turned to three more.

It was nearing midnight when the tears finally came and rolled down Minseok’s cheeks. Where was Han? He called and called the other boy but there was no answer. Of course he was worried when he stood up and ran back home.

He hoped that Han was there. He really did.

But he wasn’t. There wasn’t a trace of anyone being there since he left earlier that day.

It turned midnight and Minseok chocked on a sob before turning on the TV switching to the news in hope of at least something.

Expect there was nothing.

Even as the days turned into weeks and the weeks turned in months, and the months turned to a year there was nothing. Chen Luhan just disappeared one day and Kim Minseok knew nothing.

Flashback end.

I stopped talking as I stood up and walked back to the table to stare at the things on there. I smiled bitterly before sitting down to start again. I knew that I had tears in my eyes and I couldn’t bear to look at Luhan who was quietly sitting on the couch, in shock.

“Minseok…” he started and I shook my head.

“Don’t start.” I said furrowing my brows at the papers in front of me. I sighed and finally looked up and to Luhan. The Chinese male was looking at me with wide eyes. He bit his lip before opening and closing his mouth. I waited for him to say anything but he didn’t.

And I was grateful for that.

“You never found him did you?”

“Nope. He’s still missing.”

“Then why did you come back?”

I looked away from those curious eyes of his. “Because I gave up. I looked everywhere for him. When I wasn’t in China, I was travelling, thinking of all the places where he said that he would be. But there was nothing.

“I looked all around the world but there was nothing. It was like he didn’t even exist. There are still some parts of me that believe he never existed and I made this whole thing up in my head. I mean he looked like you, sounded like you. The person I have been in love with since the beginning of high school. I could have just made everything up.”

“But you didn’t.”

I shook my head. “I didn’t. Yixing and Tao both remember Han clearly. Both say that if he ever shows his face again, they’re punching it and shipping off to god knows where.”

Luhan nodded and frowned. “I’m sorry Minseok.”

I cocked a brow and looked at him again. “For what? You didn’t do anything.”

“But-“

“But nothing. I just need to get my head out of my and move on from the both of you.” I said with a bitter smile. “It’s for the best.” I mumbled and stared at Luhan. “Would you mind leaving? I have to get my together and I can’t do it with you here.”

Luhan was silent for a moment before shaking his head. “I’m not leaving.”

I frowned. “Why?”

“Because I don’t want to.” He said stubbornly. “If I leave, who knows when I’ll see you again.”

I rolled my eyes. “You’ll see me again.”

“Yeah but when? Two years from now? Ten years down the road? Oh hell no. I’m staying right here.”

I sighed and ran my fingers through my hair. “Please leave, Luhan.”

“No.”

I was starting to get angry as I stood up and stormed to my room. “Don’t follow.” I hissed before slamming the bedroom door shut. Oh how everything was ed up.

Thank you world.

Thank you so ing much.


Miki Says: And BAM! This chapter is done. Do you know how hard it is to write in first person when I normally write in third? Like really hard. Why did I make this first person? /complains. On another note... Well I don't have another note. Now I'm off to write either the closing for one story or the lenthy Kaisoo one shot. I dunno yet~ Don't forget to comment and subscribe if you haven't.Until next time y'all~